BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 25, 2012 7:50 am  #1

Another review

http://www.soundsandfury.com/soundsandfury/2010/11/masterpiece-mysterys-sherlock-the-great-game.html

But back to the loony Moriarty. Is he really loony, or is he acting — or, rather, overacting? And there's something else queer about him that makes us doubt him. One bomb-wired victim — the one who received her instructions via an earpiece rather than a texted script — reveals that his voice is distinctive. "It sounded so soft," she says over the cell phone, and is instantly blown to bits for her impertinence. But the Moriarty we meet at episode's conclusion has anything but a soft-sounding voice. And, we also wonder, why does Moriarty not himself call Holmes to deliver his challenges? Could it be that his voice would be recognized? We're inclined to think it would.
Ah. Tantalizing questions over which to ponder.

Lol, funny to read the 'old' assumptions huh?

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

March 25, 2012 10:36 am  #2

Re: Another review

The Moriarty we meet at the end is not soft sounding, but Jim from IT is. The distinctive thing about his voice could be his accent. An Irish accent can sound very soft when spoken. Also in parts of the final pool scene Moriarty does speak softly e.g 'my dear' and 'but we both know that's not really true' and it is what makes the shouting so effective when it happens because it is such a contrast.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 25, 2012 10:57 am  #3

Re: Another review

I had a very hard time hearing the accent to be honest. I'd never seen Andrew in anything before this (still haven't.. naughty me) so I didn't even know he was Irish. Then all these reviews mentioned it and I was like " What?? Is he??"
I found it hard to believe till I saw an interview with him.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

Board footera