BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 8, 2013 10:31 am  #141

Re: Sherlock Elimination Game!

Favorite John Scenes

[20] "I was so alone, and I owe you so much" in The Reichenbach Fall +1
[4] Suicide Note from Sherlock in The Reichenbach Fall -2

Eliminated

3. Conversation with Mycroft in Study in Pink
4. Being "disappointed" with Sherlock in The Great Game
5. Pool Scene with Moriarty in The Great Game
6. Trapped in the Laboratory in Hounds of Baskerville
7. Discovering what UMQRA is in Hounds of Baskerville

- -  - –  – –  - - -  - - - -  -  - – -  - – - -  – – –  – - – -  – - –  -  – - -
Up, down, flying around, looping the loop and defying the ground.
They're all frightfully keen, those magnificent men in their flying machines!

November 8, 2013 4:34 pm  #142

[21] "I was so alone, and I owe you so much" in The Reichenbach Fall +1
[2] Suicide Note from Sherlock in The Reichenbach Fall -2

Eliminated

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

November 8, 2013 4:44 pm  #143

Final Results

1. "I was so alone, and I owe you so much" in The Reichenbach Fall +1
2. Suicide Note from Sherlock in The Reichenbach Fall -2

Stay tuned for the next game!

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

November 8, 2013 9:40 pm  #144

Best Sherlock Quotes (Series 1)

[12] "Afghanistan or Iraq?"
[12] "I’m sure Sally came round for a nice little chat, and just happened to stay over. And I assume she scrubbed your floors, going by the state of her knees."
[12] "Dear God, what is it like in your funny little brains? It must be so boring."
[12] "It's a three-patch problem."
[12] "You should, you know. Sherlock Holmes is nothing at all like him. How would you describe me, John? Resourceful, dynamic? Enigmatic?"
[12] "Bored!  Bored!"
[12] "So we go round the Sun! If we went round the Moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn’t make any difference. All that matters to me is the work. Without that, my brain rots."
[12] "Don’t make people into heroes, John. Heroes don’t exist, and if they did, I wouldn’t be one of them."
[12] "That, er ... thing that you, er, that you did; that, um... you offered to do. That was, um ... good."
[12] "Probably my answer has crossed yours."

As always, the rules are:
1. One vote per day
2. Add +1 to one choice and -2 to another choice
3. BOLD your choices
4. Have fun!

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

November 8, 2013 10:46 pm  #145

[10] "Afghanistan or Iraq?" -2
[12] "I’m sure Sally came round for a nice little chat, and just happened to stay over. And I assume she scrubbed your floors, going by the state of her knees."
[12] "Dear God, what is it like in your funny little brains? It must be so boring."
[12] "It's a three-patch problem."
[12] "You should, you know. Sherlock Holmes is nothing at all like him. How would you describe me, John? Resourceful, dynamic? Enigmatic?"
[12] "Bored!  Bored!"
[13] "So we go round the Sun! If we went round the Moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn’t make any difference. All that matters to me is the work. Without that, my brain rots." +1
[12] "Don’t make people into heroes, John. Heroes don’t exist, and if they did, I wouldn’t be one of them."
[12] "That, er ... thing that you, er, that you did; that, um... you offered to do. That was, um ... good."

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

November 9, 2013 4:56 am  #146

Ha… knew you'd pick another tricky one…..  Do kinda like how some of the 'obvious' one-liners were left for some of the neat ones that don't come up as much, though….      

[10] "Afghanistan or Iraq?"
[10] "I’m sure Sally came round for a nice little chat, and just happened to stay over. And I assume she scrubbed your floors, going by the state of her knees."  -2
[13] "Dear God, what is it like in your funny little brains? It must be so boring."  +1
[12] "It's a three-patch problem."
[12] "You should, you know. Sherlock Holmes is nothing at all like him. How would you describe me, John? Resourceful, dynamic? Enigmatic?"
[12] "Bored!  Bored!"
[13] "So we go round the Sun! If we went round the Moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn’t make any difference. All that matters to me is the work. Without that, my brain rots."
[12] "Don’t make people into heroes, John. Heroes don’t exist, and if they did, I wouldn’t be one of them."
[12] "That, er ... thing that you, er, that you did; that, um... you offered to do. That was, um ... good."

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

November 9, 2013 6:30 am  #147

[10] "Afghanistan or Iraq?"
[10] "I’m sure Sally came round for a nice little chat, and just happened to stay over. And I assume she scrubbed your floors, going by the state of her knees."  -2
[13] "Dear God, what is it like in your funny little brains? It must be so boring."  +1
[12] "You should, you know. Sherlock Holmes is nothing at all like him. How would you describe me, John? Resourceful, dynamic? Enigmatic?"
[12] "Bored!  Bored!"
[13] "So we go round the Sun! If we went round the Moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn’t make any difference. All that matters to me is the work. Without that, my brain rots."
[12] "Don’t make people into heroes, John. Heroes don’t exist, and if they did, I wouldn’t be one of them."
[13] "That, er ... thing that you, er, that you did; that, um... you offered to do. That was, um ... good."+1
[10] "Probably my answer has crossed yours." -2

November 9, 2013 7:18 am  #148

[11] "Afghanistan or Iraq?" +1
[10] "I’m sure Sally came round for a nice little chat, and just happened to stay over. And I assume she scrubbed your floors, going by the state of her knees."
[13] "Dear God, what is it like in your funny little brains? It must be so boring."
[10] "You should, you know. Sherlock Holmes is nothing at all like him. How would you describe me, John? Resourceful, dynamic? Enigmatic?" -2
[12] "Bored! Bored!"
[13] "That, er ... thing that you, er, that you did; that, um... you offered to do. That was, um ... good."
[10] "Probably my answer has crossed yours."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

November 9, 2013 9:52 am  #149

[11] "Afghanistan or Iraq?"
[10] "I’m sure Sally came round for a nice little chat, and just happened to stay over. And I assume she scrubbed your floors, going by the state of her knees."
[13] "Dear God, what is it like in your funny little brains? It must be so boring."
[8] "You should, you know. Sherlock Holmes is nothing at all like him. How would you describe me, John? Resourceful, dynamic? Enigmatic?" -2
[13] "Bored! Bored!" +1

[13] "That, er ... thing that you, er, that you did; that, um... you offered to do. That was, um ... good."
[10] "Probably my answer has crossed yours."

- -  - –  – –  - - -  - - - -  -  - – -  - – - -  – – –  – - – -  – - –  -  – - -
Up, down, flying around, looping the loop and defying the ground.
They're all frightfully keen, those magnificent men in their flying machines!

November 9, 2013 12:06 pm  #150

[14] "Dear God, what is it like in your funny little brains? It must be so boring." +1
[8] "You should, you know. Sherlock Holmes is nothing at all like him. How would you describe me, John? Resourceful, dynamic? Enigmatic?"
[13] "Bored! Bored!"
[8] "Probably my answer has crossed yours." -2

The Road goes ever on and on...

November 9, 2013 12:18 pm  #151

[14] "Dear God, what is it like in your funny little brains? It must be so boring." 
[8] "You should, you know. Sherlock Holmes is nothing at all like him. How would you describe me, John? Resourceful, dynamic? Enigmatic?"
[13] "Bored! Bored!"
[13] "Don’t make people into heroes, John. Heroes don’t exist, and if they did, I wouldn’t be one of them." +1
[6] "Probably my answer has crossed yours." -2

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

November 10, 2013 3:11 am  #152

[14] "Dear God, what is it like in your funny little brains? It must be so boring."
[13] "Bored! Bored!"
[13] "Don’t make people into heroes, John. Heroes don’t exist, and if they did, I wouldn’t be one of them."
[14] "That, er ... thing that you, er, that you did; that, um... you offered to do. That was, um ... good." +1
[4] "Probably my answer has crossed yours." -2

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

November 10, 2013 7:32 am  #153

[13] "Bored! Bored!"
[13] "Don’t make people into heroes, John. Heroes don’t exist, and if they did, I wouldn’t be one of them."
[15] "That, er ... thing that you, er, that you did; that, um... you offered to do. That was, um ... good." +1
[2] "Probably my answer has crossed yours." -2

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 10, 2013 8:24 am  #154

[12] "Dear God, what is it like in your funny little brains? It must be so boring." -2
[13] "Bored! Bored!"
[16] "That, er ... thing that you, er, that you did; that, um... you offered to do. That was, um ... good."+1
[2] "Probably my answer has crossed yours."

It was soooo hard to choose!

Last edited by FluteLocked (November 10, 2013 8:26 am)

November 10, 2013 10:07 am  #155

[12] "Dear God, what is it like in your funny little brains? It must be so boring."
[13] "Bored! Bored!"
[14] "Don’t make people into heroes, John. Heroes don’t exist, and if they did, I wouldn’t be one of them." +1
[16] "That, er ... thing that you, er, that you did; that, um... you offered to do. That was, um ... good."

Eliminated:

10. "Probably my answer has crossed yours."

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

November 10, 2013 2:24 pm  #156

[8] "I’m sure Sally came round for a nice little chat, and just happened to stay over. And I assume she scrubbed your floors, going by the state of her knees."-2
[12] "Dear God, what is it like in your funny little brains? It must be so boring."
[13] "Bored! Bored!"
[14] "Don’t make people into heroes, John. Heroes don’t exist, and if they did, I wouldn’t be one of them."
[17] "That, er ... thing that you, er, that you did; that, um... you offered to do. That was, um ... good."+1

Eliminated:

November 10, 2013 8:45 pm  #157

[8] "I’m sure Sally came round for a nice little chat, and just happened to stay over. And I assume she scrubbed your floors, going by the state of her knees."
[6] "You should, you know. Sherlock Holmes is nothing at all like him. How would you describe me, John? Resourceful, dynamic? Enigmatic?" -2
[13] "Bored! Bored!"
[15] "Don’t make people into heroes, John. Heroes don’t exist, and if they did, I wouldn’t be one of them." +1
[17] "That, er ... thing that you, er, that you did; that, um... you offered to do. That was, um ... good."

Eliminated:

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

November 10, 2013 8:51 pm  #158

[8] "I’m sure Sally came round for a nice little chat, and just happened to stay over. And I assume she scrubbed your floors, going by the state of her knees."
[4] "You should, you know. Sherlock Holmes is nothing at all like him. How would you describe me, John? Resourceful, dynamic? Enigmatic?" -2
[13] "Bored! Bored!"
[15] "Don’t make people into heroes, John. Heroes don’t exist, and if they did, I wouldn’t be one of them." 
[18] "That, er ... thing that you, er, that you did; that, um... you offered to do. That was, um ... good." +1

Eliminated:

Last edited by SusiGo (November 10, 2013 8:51 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 10, 2013 10:35 pm  #159

[13] "Dear God, what is it like in your funny little brains? It must be so boring."+1
[2] "You should, you know. Sherlock Holmes is nothing at all like him. How would you describe me, John? Resourceful, dynamic? Enigmatic?" -2
[13] "Bored! Bored!"
[15] "Don’t make people into heroes, John. Heroes don’t exist, and if they did, I wouldn’t be one of them." 
[18] "That, er ... thing that you, er, that you did; that, um... you offered to do. That was, um ... good."

Eliminated:

================================================================

November 11, 2013 5:26 am  #160

[12] "Afghanistan or Iraq?" +1
[13] "Bored! Bored!"
[18] "That, er ... thing that you, er, that you did; that, um... you offered to do. That was, um ... good."

Eliminated:

9. "You should, you know. Sherlock Holmes is nothing at all like him. How would you describe me, John? Resourceful, dynamic? Enigmatic?" -2

Board footera