BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 21, 2013 8:23 pm  #201

Re: Sherlock Elimination Game!

Best Sherlock Quotes (Series 1)

[25] "That, er ... thing that you, er, that you did; that, um... you offered to do. That was, um ... good." -2
[24] "Don’t make people into heroes, John. Heroes don’t exist, and if they did, I wouldn’t be one of them." +1
[10] "Dear God, what is it like in your funny little brains? It must be so boring."
[5] "So we go round the Sun! If we went round the Moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn’t make any difference. All that matters to me is the work. Without that, my brain rots." 

Eliminated:

5. "Afghanistan or Iraq?"
6. "It's a three-patch problem."
7. "Bored! Bored!"
8. "I’m sure Sally came round for a nice little chat, and just happened to stay over. And I assume she scrubbed your floors, going by the state of her knees."
9. "You should, you know. Sherlock Holmes is nothing at all like him. How would you describe me, John? Resourceful, dynamic? Enigmatic?"
10. "Probably my answer has crossed yours."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

November 21, 2013 11:34 pm  #202

[25] "That, er ... thing that you, er, that you did; that, um... you offered to do. That was, um ... good."
[24] "Don’t make people into heroes, John. Heroes don’t exist, and if they did, I wouldn’t be one of them."
[11] "Dear God, what is it like in your funny little brains? It must be so boring." +1
[3] "So we go round the Sun! If we went round the Moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn’t make any difference. All that matters to me is the work. Without that, my brain rots." -2

Eliminated:

7. "Bored! Bored!"
8. "I’m sure Sally came round for a nice little chat, and just happened to stay over. And I assume she scrubbed your floors, going by the state of her knees."
9. "You should, you know. Sherlock Holmes is nothing at all like him. How would you describe me, John? Resourceful, dynamic? Enigmatic?"

================================================================

November 22, 2013 5:45 am  #203

[26] "That, er ... thing that you, er, that you did; that, um... you offered to do. That was, um ... good." +1
[22] "Don’t make people into heroes, John. Heroes don’t exist, and if they did, I wouldn’t be one of them." -2

[11] "Dear God, what is it like in your funny little brains? It must be so boring."
[3] "So we go round the Sun! If we went round the Moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn’t make any difference. All that matters to me is the work. Without that, my brain rots."

Eliminated:

7. "Bored! Bored!"

(Is it just me, or does someone else also think that next time less alternatives would be nice? This round does not seem to end ... )

Last edited by Schmiezi (November 22, 2013 5:46 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

November 22, 2013 1:18 pm  #204

[26] "That, er ... thing that you, er, that you did; that, um... you offered to do. That was, um ... good." 
[23] "Don’t make people into heroes, John. Heroes don’t exist, and if they did, I wouldn’t be one of them." +1
[11] "Dear God, what is it like in your funny little brains? It must be so boring."
[1] "So we go round the Sun! If we went round the Moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn’t make any difference. All that matters to me is the work. Without that, my brain rots." -2

Eliminated:

7. "Bored! Bored!"

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

November 23, 2013 8:13 am  #205

[27] "That, er ... thing that you, er, that you did; that, um... you offered to do. That was, um ... good." +1
[21] "Don’t make people into heroes, John. Heroes don’t exist, and if they did, I wouldn’t be one of them." -2
[1] "So we go round the Sun! If we went round the Moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn’t make any difference. All that matters to me is the work. Without that, my brain rots."

Eliminated:

7. "Bored! Bored!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 23, 2013 12:01 pm  #206

[27] "That, er ... thing that you, er, that you did; that, um... you offered to do. That was, um ... good." 
[22] "Don’t make people into heroes, John. Heroes don’t exist, and if they did, I wouldn’t be one of them." +1
[10] "Dear God, what is it like in your funny little brains? It must be so boring." -1

Eliminated:
4. "So we go round the Sun! If we went round the Moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn’t make any difference. All that matters to me is the work. Without that, my brain rots." -1
7. "Bored! Bored!"

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

November 23, 2013 2:09 pm  #207

[28] "That, er ... thing that you, er, that you did; that, um... you offered to do. That was, um ... good."+1

[22] "Don’t make people into heroes, John. Heroes don’t exist, and if they did, I wouldn’t be one of them."
[8] "Dear God, what is it like in your funny little brains? It must be so boring." -2

Eliminated:
4. "So we go round the Sun! If we went round the Moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn’t make any difference. All that matters to me is the work. Without that, my brain rots."
7. "Bored! Bored!"

Last edited by holmes23 (November 23, 2013 2:12 pm)

November 23, 2013 3:03 pm  #208

[28] "That, er ... thing that you, er, that you did; that, um... you offered to do. That was, um ... good."
[23] "Don’t make people into heroes, John. Heroes don’t exist, and if they did, I wouldn’t be one of them." +1
[6] "Dear God, what is it like in your funny little brains? It must be so boring." -2

Eliminated:
4. "So we go round the Sun! If we went round the Moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn’t make any difference. All that matters to me is the work. Without that, my brain rots." 
7. "Bored! Bored!"

The Road goes ever on and on...

November 24, 2013 8:25 am  #209

[28] "That, er ... thing that you, er, that you did; that, um... you offered to do. That was, um ... good." +1
[21] "Don’t make people into heroes, John. Heroes don’t exist, and if they did, I wouldn’t be one of them." -2
[6] "Dear God, what is it like in your funny little brains? It must be so boring."

Eliminated:
7. "Bored! Bored!"

November 24, 2013 4:46 pm  #210

[29] "That, er ... thing that you, er, that you did; that, um... you offered to do. That was, um ... good." +1
[21] "Don’t make people into heroes, John. Heroes don’t exist, and if they did, I wouldn’t be one of them."
[4] "Dear God, what is it like in your funny little brains? It must be so boring."-2

Eliminated:
7. "Bored! Bored!"

Last edited by holmes23 (November 24, 2013 4:47 pm)

November 24, 2013 5:49 pm  #211

[29] "That, er ... thing that you, er, that you did; that, um... you offered to do. That was, um ... good."
[22] "Don’t make people into heroes, John. Heroes don’t exist, and if they did, I wouldn’t be one of them." +1
[2] "Dear God, what is it like in your funny little brains? It must be so boring."-2

Eliminated:
7. "Bored! Bored!"

Last edited by FluteLocked (November 24, 2013 5:50 pm)

November 24, 2013 10:28 pm  #212

[29] "That, er ... thing that you, er, that you did; that, um... you offered to do. That was, um ... good."

Eliminated:

3. "Dear God, what is it like in your funny little brains? It must be so boring." -2
7. "Bored! Bored!"

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

November 25, 2013 4:15 am  #213

Eep….  down to the strongest two!

[27] "That, er ... thing that you, er, that you did; that, um... you offered to do. That was, um ... good."  -2
[24] "Don’t make people into heroes, John. Heroes don’t exist, and if they did, I wouldn’t be one of them." +1

Eliminated:

3. "Dear God, what is it like in your funny little brains? It must be so boring."
4. "So we go round the Sun! If we went round the Moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn’t make any difference. All that matters to me is the work. Without that, my brain rots."
7. "Bored! Bored!"

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

November 25, 2013 5:29 am  #214

The end is near (finally)!

[28] "That, er ... thing that you, er, that you did; that, um... you offered to do. That was, um ... good." +1
[22] "Don’t make people into heroes, John. Heroes don’t exist, and if they did, I wouldn’t be one of them." -2

Eliminated:

3. "Dear God, what is it like in your funny little brains? It must be so boring."
4. "So we go round the Sun! If we went round the Moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn’t make any difference. All that matters to me is the work. Without that, my brain rots."
7. "Bored! Bored!"

November 27, 2013 2:06 pm  #215

[29] "That, er ... thing that you, er, that you did; that, um... you offered to do. That was, um ... good." +1
[20] "Don’t make people into heroes, John. Heroes don’t exist, and if they did, I wouldn’t be one of them." -2

Eliminated:

7. "Bored! Bored!"

November 27, 2013 3:45 pm  #216

[30] "That, er ... thing that you, er, that you did; that, um... you offered to do. That was, um ... good." +1
[18] "Don’t make people into heroes, John. Heroes don’t exist, and if they did, I wouldn’t be one of them." -2

Eliminated:

7. "Bored! Bored!"

Last edited by Schmiezi (November 27, 2013 3:46 pm)

December 3, 2013 5:34 am  #217

[31] "That, er ... thing that you, er, that you did; that, um... you offered to do. That was, um ... good." +1
[16] "Don’t make people into heroes, John. Heroes don’t exist, and if they did, I wouldn’t be one of them." -2

Eliminated:

7. "Bored! Bored!"

December 3, 2013 5:38 am  #218

[32] "That, er ... thing that you, er, that you did; that, um... you offered to do. That was, um ... good." + 1
[14] "Don’t make people into heroes, John. Heroes don’t exist, and if they did, I wouldn’t be one of them." - 2

Eliminated:

7. "Bored! Bored!"

-------------------------------------------------------

December 3, 2013 5:29 pm  #219

[33] "That, er ... thing that you, er, that you did; that, um... you offered to do. That was, um ... good." + 1
[12] "Don’t make people into heroes, John. Heroes don’t exist, and if they did, I wouldn’t be one of them." - 2

Eliminated:

7. "Bored! Bored!"

December 3, 2013 5:31 pm  #220

[34] "That, er ... thing that you, er, that you did; that, um... you offered to do. That was, um ... good." + 1
[10] "Don’t make people into heroes, John. Heroes don’t exist, and if they did, I wouldn’t be one of them." - 2

Eliminated:

7. "Bored! Bored!"

- -  - –  – –  - - -  - - - -  -  - – -  - – - -  – – –  – - – -  – - –  -  – - -
Up, down, flying around, looping the loop and defying the ground.
They're all frightfully keen, those magnificent men in their flying machines!

Board footera