BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 16, 2013 3:43 pm  #1

Sherlock at school

You have to love my pupils. I'm doing a long time project with one of my English classes where they have to choose a character, fictional or real, and do little writing task on them, like writing a file or making up a childhood adventure.

After being brain washed by me with all six episodes of Sherlock before the summer holidays, one of the boys wanted to choose Sherlock. Then he thought a fictional character would be too difficult, and so he chose Benedict instead!!

Now I'm close to swooning every second lesson or so because he brings new pic of him for the folder.

I love my job!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

October 16, 2013 3:57 pm  #2

Re: Sherlock at school

This is incredible, Schmiezi. How can you still concentrate on your work? 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 16, 2013 4:05 pm  #3

Not at all!

Yesterday's task was "Write about an adventure your character had!". They were working on their own but were allowed to ask for words of course. That particular boy had brought something from home, something in German he had printed out at home. Then he wanted to know the words Englisch words for Reifenpanne (=flat tyre), entführt (=abducted) and bedroht (=threatened).

He was quite surprised when I told him I knew what he was writing about.

Last edited by Schmiezi (October 16, 2013 4:06 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 16, 2013 4:30 pm  #4

Of course you knew! 

My colleague told me today: "Benedict Cumberbatch made a new film!"  "Yes, several", I said.
"Oh. Err.... anyway, this one is about that guy from Wikileaks, what was his name?" "Julian Assange"
"Hum, right. I don't think he looks very nice with that blonde wig." "Yeah, I know...."

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

October 16, 2013 7:33 pm  #5

I want to be one of your students!  
And of course you knew what he was writing about. Hehe. 

@Mattlocked: This reminds me of my dad a few days ago. He came to me, all excited:
"Hey, what I have to say will please you. This David Cumberbatch is playing that Julian Assange guy in this Wikileaks film that's airing in two weeks."
So I went like "Yeah... I know. I've known for three months or so."
And he was just so disappointed "I can never tell you something new, can I?" I answered "Not regarding Benedict" and just went away laughing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

October 16, 2013 9:28 pm  #6

@Schmiezi: You brain washed your pupils? Isn't that against some kind of job ethics? 

Well done! I bet you are a one of the cool teachers  .

Then, when I went to school, my English teacher chose The Hobbit as novel for the term. That was fun! He was a cool teacher too  .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

October 17, 2013 4:19 am  #7

... tomorow I'll start brain washing our 10th graders. And as I can only join them in watching ASIP in the second lesson, I'll automatically try and brain wash another collegue, too.

Job ethics? Wait, there was something ... No, can't remember!

October 17, 2013 12:42 pm  #8

Mary Me wrote:

Me too!  Me too!
Watching Sherlock in school must be great.
English would be much more fun than it already is...
And I'm pretty sure some of us would like it!

I think by reading interviews with Benedict Cumberbatch we'd learn maaaaaaany vocabs...

October 17, 2013 1:53 pm  #9

Mary Me wrote:

And of course you knew what he was writing about. Hehe. 

@Mattlocked: This reminds me of my dad a few days ago. He came to me, all excited:
"Hey, what I have to say will please you. This David Cumberbatch is playing that Julian Assange guy in this Wikileaks film that's airing in two weeks."
So I went like "Yeah... I know. I've known for three months or so."
And he was just so disappointed "I can never tell you something new, can I?" I answered "Not regarding Benedict" and just went away laughing.

Hehe, I know, you feel kind of wise then!  "No news for me. I know everything!"

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

November 17, 2013 11:39 am  #10

Last week, on an English language course I had to make a short presentation about a few my favourite books and, as one of them, I talked about Sherlock Holmes books. I secretly hope I managed to encourage someone to read them;]

The Road goes ever on and on...

Board footera