BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 30, 2013 3:47 pm  #1

Search

is it just me being blind once more, or does our otherwise perfect forum lack the possibility to search for a certain thread when you don't know the category it was posted in?

I have just read the article called "20 Things You May (or May Not) Know About BBC Sherlock" and I thought I had known about it because of a threat. So I went looking for it, but could not find a way to engage the search automatically.

I think you can search within a category, but not within the forum as a whole, is that true?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

September 30, 2013 7:15 pm  #2

Re: Search

In the menu (I'm not sure how to call it...)
is between 'user list' and 'inbox' a field with 'search'.
If you click on it you can enter keywords
and on the lower page there's a field with a drop-down menu where you can select where you want to search for your keywords.

I hope that helped a bit. 
Good luck ;)

Last edited by FluteLocked (September 30, 2013 7:17 pm)

October 1, 2013 4:28 am  #3

Thank you, Flute. So it WAS me being blind.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

October 1, 2013 11:57 am  #4

You're welcome!

October 1, 2013 12:41 pm  #5

I was jgoing to ask if a thread existed so I knew where to put things. Is this the thread?
I've seen the fanart and fanfic threads. Are there rules for posting in those?
And what about say graphics/photoshopped/illustrated/vectored, tshirt/print designs and I make these cosplay refs for fandoms and I'm in the process of doing BBC Sherlock ones. Two done so far..
Thank you!

October 4, 2013 9:27 pm  #6

There are no rules as such. Use your own judgment on where you thin your post should go. If it is wildly off course one of the moderators or The Boss will move it to a more suitable one. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 4, 2013 10:15 pm  #7

^^^^^

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

Board footera