BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 30, 2013 3:33 pm  #1

Will fingerpaint stain glass?

It's nearly October.  Wanna write "Get Sherl ck" on the sliding glass door in yellow fingerpaint.  It won't stain, will it? It's gonna be on there for an entire month (until Halloween).

R.

-------------------
Are you local?

September 30, 2013 4:55 pm  #2

Re: Will fingerpaint stain glass?

I really don't think so (fingerpaints are often designed to come off nearly anything because young children will fingerpaint on anything) but to be sure you're better off testing a small area or another glass object, leaving it for a day or two and then wiping it off and see how it looks.

Also, and I'm sure you've thought of this, but be careful which side you paint it on. The last thing you want is to get the paint smudged the first time anyone opens that door.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

September 30, 2013 4:58 pm  #3

Or do you have Window Color? With this you can paint directly on the glass and take it off like a plastic foil later on. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 30, 2013 5:12 pm  #4

SusiGo wrote:

Or do you have Window Color?

Not in yellow.  The smiley face must be yellow.

-------------------
Are you local?

Board footera