BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 29, 2013 8:26 am  #1

X-File

Hey guys,

I need to get this out because it's weird and strange and I can't explain it.
Yesterday evening, my husband and I were at a birthday party which mainly took place outside. I had just gone into the house to get some bread when the people in the garden yelled for me to come back and have a look.
There was what looked like a constellation of stars, 30 or 40 or more, but it was moving. It was moving at a steady pace and going westwards, at approximately the same speed as the ISS. It was very high up, unlike a plane, and the lights weren't blinking.
For the rest of the night, we all kept staring into the sky because none of us had an explanation (or seen anything like it before), and we tried to come up with possibilites, but it was neither a satellite nor weather balloons or something like that, and some of the lights were so close together that it couldn't have been a formation of planes.
I'd very much like to know if any of you has seen something similar (yesterday around nine p.m. over Northern Germany or in general).
Thank you.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

September 29, 2013 10:46 am  #2

Re: X-File

I did not observe anything like that myself but it sounds fascinating. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 29, 2013 10:59 am  #3

It does, doesn't it?
It's also impossible to get it out of my mind, and now I'm looking for explanations because I don't want to sound like a UFO-fanatic, but on the other hand, it did seem otherwordly and there's no way to deny it. We were about 10 grown-up people, and it definitely wasn't a mass hallucination.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

September 29, 2013 11:10 am  #4

Did you look around on the Internet if someone else saw this?

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 29, 2013 11:54 am  #5

I did but unsuccessfully so. One of the guys who were there has posted it on his facebook wall, but there weren't any helpful responses either. I did however register it in the UFO Datenbank, just in case. Wow, and now I do feel like Fox Mulder. The truth is out there!

October 2, 2013 3:09 pm  #6

And it's getting weirder- someone else has apparently seen it, as they have registered it in the UFO Datenbank as well. They were in Mülheim an der Ruhr that evening, and they saw it at 10:15 p.m. Mülheim is much further south from us, so either the lights have orbited the earth once and passed over Mülheim on the next round, or there were several of those phenomenons.

Board footera