BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 29, 2014 1:41 pm  #1561

Re: Johnlock: The Official Debate

SusiGo wrote:

Yes, I would like to hear that as well. I just started watching "Torchwood" and only after seven episodes had a look at John Barrowman's biography. And believe it or not, I never had the idea he might be gay. But maybe this is just me. 

That's totally OT, but you should watch some interviews or better still Comic Con appearances of John...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

July 29, 2014 1:42 pm  #1562

And a bisexual man may marry a woman. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 29, 2014 1:43 pm  #1563

Even a gay man may marry a woman. Stranger things have happened.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

July 29, 2014 1:43 pm  #1564

besleybean wrote:

A gay man may marry another man.
John married a woman.

I am not talking about marriage, besley. I am talking about you saying, homosexual talk and walk different.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

July 29, 2014 1:52 pm  #1565

It's a common English expression: if something  looks like a duck, talks like a duck and walks like a duck,,,then the high probability is that it is indeed a duck.

Last edited by besleybean (July 29, 2014 1:52 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 29, 2014 1:53 pm  #1566

Oh yes, life is so easy to categorize.

July 29, 2014 1:55 pm  #1567

No it isn't.
But we have no evidence that John is either gay or bisexual.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 29, 2014 1:56 pm  #1568

I think we have been over this for months on end. There is lots of evidence, it is just a question of accepting it or not. 

And another thing - in "Sherlock" we sometimes get people who are not what they seem to be - Jim from IT, Mary the lovely nurse, Sherlock the sociopath … 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 29, 2014 1:57 pm  #1569

Okay, if you only decide on visible appearances ...besley .. then you are right.

Last edited by gently69 (July 29, 2014 1:59 pm)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

July 29, 2014 2:01 pm  #1570

Depends what you mean.
I judge by what the team have said about their intentions and what has actually happened in the show so far.
I hope the team will put John back in 221B.
But other than both guys being a tad more touchy feely, I really cannot see their relationship changing that much.

Last edited by besleybean (July 29, 2014 2:01 pm)

July 29, 2014 2:08 pm  #1571

Well, let us see what John's girlfriends will think about them getting touchy-feely. They were quite unimpressed even with the way it was before. 

July 29, 2014 2:09 pm  #1572

I stopped a while ago believing everything the team said. You kinow the reason why. 
And that Sherlock and John didn't exchange caresses so far doesn't kill Johnlock for me. I can see it in the show without kisses and sex.

Last edited by gently69 (July 29, 2014 2:10 pm)

(Tony Hadley)

July 29, 2014 2:16 pm  #1573

See this is what I'm not getting.
What(for people)ifferentiates a friendship from a relationship?

July 29, 2014 2:19 pm  #1574

In my opinion they are in a relationship without confessing their love for each other ... yet.

(Tony Hadley)

July 29, 2014 2:19 pm  #1575

Easy - that it is mutually exclusive. You can have a lot of friends but only one life partner (this is at least my opinion). 
How do you imagine their relationship to be? If John is heterosexual, he will want to have a relationship with a woman and/or marry again. This leaves Sherlock alone. Again. I think the condition  for having them together in 221B again will have to be a profound change in their relationship. 

July 29, 2014 2:21 pm  #1576

But they happily flat shared before and John was wanting a woman then...what would be the difference?

July 29, 2014 2:22 pm  #1577

Well, he was wanting them. This is correct. But he only got one when Sherlock was presumed dead. 

We saw him trying again and again and failing. The women running away because they saw that they could never be for him what Sherlock was. He only started a longer relationship when he was alone and broken and depressed. 

Last edited by SusiGo (July 29, 2014 2:24 pm)

July 29, 2014 2:24 pm  #1578

Well we obviously can't turn back the clock...
But John could decide he could never love another likr Mary and so just carry on dating, but not remarry,.

July 29, 2014 2:27 pm  #1579

We are not talking about 'a relationship' and 'a friendship' here, we are talking about John and Sherlock. Maybe there isn't even an accurate term with which to describe their relationship.
I just know from my personal experience- and we've already been over this again and again and again, but never mind - that I've never seen two men who share such an intimate relationship and call it 'bromance'. It is a very close and very special friendship for sure, but it goes beyond that. The two pics Susi posted earlier really say it all. You don't even have to have them in the room together, you just need one of them and the empty chair of the other one. Things can't get more emotional and intimate than that.

July 29, 2014 2:28 pm  #1580

besleybean wrote:

Well we obviously can't turn back the clock...
But John could decide he could never love another likr Mary and so just carry on dating, but not remarry,.

That ... or turning his eye on Sherlock ... finally.

Last edited by gently69 (July 29, 2014 2:29 pm)

(Tony Hadley)

Board footera