BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 4, 2014 9:10 am  #1301

Re: Johnlock: The Official Debate

Sitting with purple ink pen in hand waiting. 

Last edited by SusiGo (July 4, 2014 9:10 am)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 4, 2014 9:14 am  #1302

Typical German. A form for everything.
Susi, could you fake my signature please?

Last edited by gently69 (July 4, 2014 9:15 am)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

July 4, 2014 9:14 am  #1303

No problem. Solar, two forms, please. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 4, 2014 9:16 am  #1304

gently, I can also send you a form. I've got lots of forms. 
The purple ink pen is paramount, by the way. 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

July 4, 2014 9:17 am  #1305

Deja Vu.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 4, 2014 9:20 am  #1306

There's all sorts of deja vu in this thread on almost every page, if you ask me. 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

July 4, 2014 9:24 am  #1307

And every thread.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 4, 2014 9:28 am  #1308

Nobody is forced to read every thread. 

July 4, 2014 9:33 am  #1309

Quite so,

July 4, 2014 9:56 am  #1310

I usually would not link to a rag like The Mirror but in this case it seems they got it right for once. Please have a look at the caption. 

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/sherlock-season-4-christmas-special-3788993

July 4, 2014 10:04 am  #1311

Muuuahahaaaaaa, that caption is priceless! 

July 4, 2014 10:06 am  #1312

The Gospel according to The Daily Mirror.
I reject all gospels.

July 4, 2014 10:15 am  #1313

Yes. This is almost what Susi said:

SusiGo wrote:

I usually would not link to a rag like The Mirror ....

But it is fun!

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 4, 2014 10:31 am  #1314

Oh. God. Yes. 

July 4, 2014 2:12 pm  #1315

It took me a moment because I was looking at the headline.  Then I saw the caption.  OMG, that's priceless!  .  I totally do not see that as a typo but rather as a true reveal since, to my mind, that is the way TSoT was played.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

July 4, 2014 4:23 pm  #1316

Sorry to stir up a case of deja vu, but I'm a newbie and all that.

SusiGo wrote:

And a quote in which he does not seem to lie for a change and which I like very much: 

“Everyone should enjoy the show the way they want to and all interpretations are equally valid.”
—     Steven Moffat on Sherlock. 

Love it. It reminds me of what my literature professors in college used to say, and I agree.

besleybean wrote:

Well I didn't do that and neither do I accuse any of the team of lying.

As SusiGo said, Moffat flat out admits he lies. Just last year, he admitted to lying about the Doctor Who anniversary special so that he could surprise viewers. I'm not saying this is a bad thing - I truly feel that the surprises added a lot to my enjoyment of the special.

besleybean wrote:

I think the whole thing is fascinating: are people giving their full reasons for any anatgonism to Mary?

Honestly, my one and only reason for disliking Mary is what she did to Sherlock in HLV. I liked her just fine until then. (It's my irrational dislike of Janine that I admit I have no explanation for).

SusiGo wrote:

I usually would not link to a rag like The Mirror but in this case it seems they got it right for once. Please have a look at the caption. 

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/sherlock-season-4-christmas-special-3788993

Oh geez... I can't stop laughing. Thanks for sharing that!

July 6, 2014 11:12 pm  #1317

Apologies for the double post, but I had to share this:

I had a long and not-very-pleasant work day yesterday, and I was in desperate need of a laugh when I got home. I pulled up that Mirror article, scrolled right to the caption, and started laughing once again. My husband wanted to know what was so funny, so I showed him the caption. He laughed as well and said, "Yeah, I can see that!" After a short pause, he added, "Of course, you want to see that." (He knows me too well).

July 7, 2014 6:56 am  #1318

That's a good one, Side of Angels. 

As is this - 

http://sextective.tumblr.com/post/39785245133/benedict-cumberbatch-at-the-crime-thriller-awards

And, yes, I know it is a joke but he would not make this joke if there were not any vibes between them. 

Last edited by SusiGo (July 7, 2014 7:21 am)

July 7, 2014 7:21 am  #1319

Apart from the fact that I would like to kiss Benedict right away when he's smiling like that... yes, just kiss him, for crying out loud!  

Yes, Susi, obviously almost everybody sees it. 

Last edited by SolarSystem (July 7, 2014 7:22 am)

July 7, 2014 4:25 pm  #1320

JOHNLOCK IS REAL.

(feeling aggressive again)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

Board footera