BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 7, 2016 4:19 pm  #6461

Re: Johnlock: The Official Debate

Very interesting indeed. I haven't thought about it that way, but you are right. 

More fuel for the fanfics. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

August 7, 2016 4:24 pm  #6462

Vhanja wrote:

Very interesting indeed. I haven't thought about it that way, but you are right. 

More fuel for the fanfics. 

There are tons of fanfic with Sherlock being sub already. Some of them really good. :-D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

August 7, 2016 4:43 pm  #6463

Schmiezi wrote:

There are tons of fanfic with Sherlock being sub already. Some of them really good. :-D

I know, I've even written one myself. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

August 7, 2016 5:03 pm  #6464

This discussion is way out of my expertise and comfort zone! 
But anyhow, I think Sherlock and John are loving friends who do not fancy each other.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 7, 2016 5:06 pm  #6465

Sherlock is a total bottom.  It is known.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

August 7, 2016 5:07 pm  #6466

I am not familiar with that expression.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 7, 2016 5:18 pm  #6467

It is known.

Team Hudders!

August 7, 2016 5:23 pm  #6468

Not by me!

August 7, 2016 5:30 pm  #6469

Vhanja wrote:

It is known.

And John loves (ans manages) to be his top. It is known.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

August 7, 2016 5:31 pm  #6470

Sheesh, may as well go back to glitter fairies...makes as much sense!

August 7, 2016 5:39 pm  #6471

Lol, sorry, besley. Couldn't help myself. 

Team Hudders!

August 7, 2016 5:41 pm  #6472

No need to apologise, though sometimes may be helpful for contributors to explain cultural language.

August 7, 2016 5:41 pm  #6473

Top and Bottom are simply another way to identify on who is the dominate and who is the submissive in a relationship. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

August 7, 2016 5:43 pm  #6474

Yes I got that, though...
Don't really see what it matters.
Mary got pregnant, however they did it.

August 7, 2016 5:48 pm  #6475

besleybean wrote:

Yes I got that, though...
Don't really see what it matters.
Mary got pregnant, however they did it.

Lying back and thinking of England probably.

August 7, 2016 5:49 pm  #6476

Very possibly.

August 7, 2016 5:50 pm  #6477

LOL! 

Team Hudders!

August 7, 2016 6:00 pm  #6478

I don't think it matters, it's just a little detail.   Interestingly, Irene doesn't give away much herself, and the scene where Sherlock checks her pulse and finds she is aroused does not involve powerplay, references to SM, etc.  

With John, I don't see any indication he's a top.

(Just to confuse things, top and bottom is really broad, yet again, with top roughly being the doer, and bottom being the done to, in both BDSM for all sexes, and vanilla sex between men, I believe ... and those two things are not the same thing at all!  So I'd say there's a little bit of evidence for Sherlock being a bottom in the BDSM sense, but not in the other sense.   And none for John, unless somebody wants to make a case? ).

Last edited by Liberty (August 7, 2016 6:01 pm)

August 7, 2016 6:02 pm  #6479

I don't see evidence of Sherlock being sexual at all...but I know the Sherlock team disagree with me.

August 7, 2016 6:16 pm  #6480

I don't think he is asexual, although I do see how people read him that way.  ASIB is quite similar to TPLOSH in some ways, and in TPLOSH I do see Sherlock as being probably gay, and falling for the Irene character in his own way.  It's a little bit romantic, but not really sexual.   In contrast to that, the scenes between Sherlock and Irene seem to be sexually charged.   And there's confirmation of Irene being aroused by Sherlock, of course (with the implication that it was two way). 

Board footera