BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 16, 2015 9:21 pm  #4461

Re: Johnlock: The Official Debate

Right - in that tweet telegram Mrs Hudson asks Sherlock and John upstairs to keep their noise down.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 16, 2015 9:24 pm  #4462

Oh I see what you mean by 'upstairs'.
I initially thought of John's room...no way Sherlock would go up to that hovel! Tee Hee.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 16, 2015 9:33 pm  #4463

I think by now everyone is joining in. BBC 3 lead the way, others are following. Loudly, loudly instead of softly, softly. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 16, 2015 9:35 pm  #4464

Loudly, loudly - poor Mrs H - but then, she too does approve! 

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 16, 2015 9:38 pm  #4465

She always did. Second only to Mike Stamford. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 16, 2015 9:41 pm  #4466

She's so delighted filing a noise complaint every now and then... 

Last edited by Harriet (December 16, 2015 9:44 pm)

December 16, 2015 9:44 pm  #4467

Hoping one day she will have married ones, too. 

December 16, 2015 9:46 pm  #4468

Yes, finally catching up with Mrs Turner 

December 16, 2015 9:48 pm  #4469

December 16, 2015 9:51 pm  #4470

I love Mark! 

December 16, 2015 9:52 pm  #4471

He's a naughty boy and we love him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 16, 2015 10:51 pm  #4472

besleybean wrote:

Oh I see what you mean by 'upstairs'.
I initially thought of John's room...no way Sherlock would go up to that hovel! Tee Hee.

Oh, don't you think it would be Sherlock's room that's a hovel!   I imagine John's room a shining example of military neatness.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 16, 2015 11:19 pm  #4473

But probably a smaller room and not as nice as Sherlock's because he would have claimed the best room when they moved in

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 17, 2015 6:31 am  #4474

And he has the bathroom.

December 17, 2015 7:47 am  #4475

besleybean wrote:

2. There is that hesitation when he's putting the phone away,the whimsical look out of the rain spattered window  and the ' THE woman'.
These apart from the 'fuzzy eyed' look, after he learns Irene is alive.

Sorry to be a pain, but this is simply beyond me. People recognize this quite tiny bit of glassy-eyed Sherlock and one little remark sounding like admiration and don't get the epic eyesex of Sherlock and John? They don't get the love letter that is the best man speech? They get naked Irene but they don't get the Vitruvian man? They don't get the whole coming to life for John in HLV?
Has anyone made the experiment of changing Irene's and John's gender?
We wouldn't be in this thread then, I'm quite certain of that...

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

December 17, 2015 7:58 am  #4476

No, I recognise it in context: we do all remember that we were told the theme of this episode was Sherlock dealing with love.
We also have the soppy music!
But possibly the genders are important.
I also see all episodes in the over arching theme of the whole show: the adventures of 2 best friends.
I also always look at how things were left at the latest episode: happy man and wife expecting their first baby and Sherlock handing over John to Mary with a kiss.

Last edited by besleybean (December 17, 2015 7:59 am)

December 17, 2015 8:14 am  #4477

And the dealing with love is simply not possible with two best friends to begin with and go on from there?
And the music: have you heard the one in the background during John making his speech at Sherlock's grave? When Sherlock looks at John's empty chair? During the mind palace when Sherlock fights himself back for John?
And there is a lot that could be said about John being happy with Mary, about the kiss on the tarmac, the sadness in the goodbye between Sherlock and John.

"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

December 17, 2015 8:19 am  #4478

mrshouse wrote:

besleybean wrote:

2. There is that hesitation when he's putting the phone away,the whimsical look out of the rain spattered window  and the ' THE woman'.
These apart from the 'fuzzy eyed' look, after he learns Irene is alive.

Sorry to be a pain, but this is simply beyond me. People recognize this quite tiny bit of glassy-eyed Sherlock and one little remark sounding like admiration and don't get the epic eyesex of Sherlock and John? They don't get the love letter that is the best man speech? They get naked Irene but they don't get the Vitruvian man? They don't get the whole coming to life for John in HLV?
Has anyone made the experiment of changing Irene's and John's gender?
We wouldn't be in this thread then, I'm quite certain of that...

I feel the same, mrshouse. Thank you for putting it in words.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 17, 2015 8:21 am  #4479

I think it is about seeing what you want to see. 

And again, this may be what some call the heteronormative view: man + woman = love and sexual attraction. No questions asked. No discussion needed. 

December 17, 2015 8:24 am  #4480

"If you don't read the subtext then hell mend you."
Steven Moffat

Last edited by mrshouse (December 17, 2015 8:24 am)

Board footera