BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 26, 2014 3:33 pm  #321

Re: Johnlock: The Official Debate

I admit, he played it quite well. But then I remembered what happens in canon …  And I still do not get over John in that scene. His reactions are unbelievable. Even better than him counting the 57 text messages from Irene Adler. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 26, 2014 3:35 pm  #322

Yep, I read some very funny screencaps of tweets from that time..^^

But I can laugh easily, I already read all the spoiler-threads before I watched HLV, so I was prepared.. don´t know what I´d have thought without it. ^^

Oh yes Susi, John´s reaction was priceless..

Last edited by Zatoichi (March 26, 2014 3:38 pm)

March 26, 2014 3:37 pm  #323

Aytoun wrote:

I don't want to see sexual scenes, but love and romance is a different thing entirely.

Absolutely. Sometimes it seems to me that people think Johnlock means nothing but sex and getting into one another's pants all the time. That's actually not what I would be interested in seeing on the show (that's not what I'm interested in seeing in any tv show, for that matter, because it's usually just dull and boring).
It would be nice to take what we already have on the show one or two steps further - and if they make clear to the audience that Sherlock and John get into one another's pants on a regular basis without actually showing it, that would be fine with me as well.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

March 26, 2014 3:38 pm  #324

LOL Well said, Solar. Especially the last sentence. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 26, 2014 3:40 pm  #325

SusiGo wrote:

I admit, he played it quite well. But then I remembered what happens in canon …  And I still do not get over John in that scene. His reactions are unbelievable. Even better than him counting the 57 text messages from Irene Adler. 

Oh yes, John/Martin is priceless in that scene...! When Sherl (won't say it again, just this once ) and Janine kiss each other goodbye and John turns around and makes that face... hilarious!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

March 26, 2014 3:41 pm  #326

SusiGo wrote:

LOL Well said, Solar. Especially the last sentence. 

And I mean every single word of it.

March 26, 2014 3:47 pm  #327

Of this I am sure. 

And as for Martin - the funny thing is that if he had kept looking at Sherlock he would have seen his exasperated look after Janine has left. IMO this is definitely not the reaction of a man who has did not expect his best friend to have a bird in his bedroom. This is much more. 

March 26, 2014 3:56 pm  #328

So... he turns away because he's... jealous?

March 26, 2014 3:58 pm  #329

Yep. And then keeps going on and on about it while Sherlock tries to tell him about this most exciting Magnussen case. 

March 26, 2014 4:04 pm  #330

Just wanted to make sure that I understood the scene correctly.

March 26, 2014 4:07 pm  #331

I think you did. 

March 28, 2014 1:02 pm  #332

March 28, 2014 1:58 pm  #333

Yes, that is the way it should be (again). 

March 28, 2014 2:19 pm  #334

That's so true, Susi. Because:

http://bbcswilliam.tumblr.com/post/80869766694

March 28, 2014 2:24 pm  #335

Sigh. 

March 29, 2014 1:10 am  #336

SusiGo wrote:

Yep. And then keeps going on and on about it while Sherlock tries to tell him about this most exciting Magnussen case. 

Jealous because Sherlock might be doing it with someone else? Or just turned on thinking about Sherlock doing it?

And I admit in that scene it did seem like Sherlock and Janine really were...involved. Maybe she was just in his bedroom to get ready to...try to get him interested?

March 29, 2014 3:26 am  #337

SolarSystem wrote:

Everything we see here just feels so right...

http://halloawhatisthis.tumblr.com/post/80792126865/sherlock-meme-ten-anything-5-10-domestic

Ya know, I just don't think we see enough of John in his bathrobe.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

March 29, 2014 10:09 am  #338

SherlocklivesinOH wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

Jealous because Sherlock might be doing it with someone else? Or just turned on thinking about Sherlock doing it?

And I admit in that scene it did seem like Sherlock and Janine really were...involved. Maybe she was just in his bedroom to get ready to...try to get him interested?

Not sure, maybe both? 
And, yes, the scene is very convincing. You can usually see when Sherlock is acting but this seems quite genuine. And John does not see how Sherlock's face changes the moment he closes the door on Janine. 

March 29, 2014 11:08 am  #339

This scene is one of the most hilarious so far.
I roared laughing from start to finish.
Also one of the times I was glad I knew my Canon and realized the relationship was well (as we find out later) non-existent, but pretend as well!
I don't think jealousy comes into it.
John is aboslutely gob smacked and I don't think is ever fully convinced.
To be fair, it's his reactions that make me howl with laughter.
But he cannot believe Sherlock would be so ' cruel'.
Though this make me laugh a bit...what's really that cruel about it?
As Janine herself acknowledges, she knows what kind of man Sherlock is...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 30, 2014 2:21 am  #340

besleybean wrote:

This scene is one of the most hilarious so far.
I roared laughing from start to finish.
Also one of the times I was glad I knew my Canon and realized the relationship was well (as we find out later) non-existent, but pretend as well!
I don't think jealousy comes into it.
John is aboslutely gob smacked and I don't think is ever fully convinced.
To be fair, it's his reactions that make me howl with laughter.
But he cannot believe Sherlock would be so ' cruel'.
Though this make me laugh a bit...what's really that cruel about it?
As Janine herself acknowledges, she knows what kind of man Sherlock is...

Why does everyone think that Janine was "using" Sherlock too? Granted, she seems kind of into the idea of dating "the famous Mr. Holmes," and far from naive, but still, she seems more genuinely attracted than he is. Although I think she looks (and in some ways acts) like she could be Irene's little sister, I don't think she was spying on him for CAM or anything like that.

Board footera