BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 10, 2014 7:33 pm  #2621

Re: Johnlock: The Official Debate

SusiGo wrote:

Sorry, as I said I have not watched it yet. 

Well, that changes nothing about the fact that Benedict just announced Sherlock to be gay. If only there was an interesting love interest for him in sight ...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 10, 2014 7:34 pm  #2622

Yes, there must be somebody … let me think … I had an idea, I am sure … 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 10, 2014 7:35 pm  #2623

He has done no such thing.
How does that fit in with a night of passion with Irene?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 10, 2014 7:42 pm  #2624

Schmiezi wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

Sorry, as I said I have not watched it yet. 

Well, that changes nothing about the fact that Benedict just announced Sherlock to be gay. If only there was an interesting love interest for him in sight ...

Oh, just think...! Why can't people think?!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

December 10, 2014 7:43 pm  #2625

SusiGo wrote:

Lestrade? Oh no, he was married to a woman. Therefore he would never fall for a man. Hm, who else?

No idea.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 10, 2014 7:45 pm  #2626

Schmiezi wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

Lestrade? Oh no, he was married to a woman. Therefore he would never fall for a man.

That's such an endearing thought. Or should I say: ridiculous...?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

December 10, 2014 7:49 pm  #2627

SolarSystem wrote:

Schmiezi wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

Lestrade? Oh no, he was married to a woman. Therefore he would never fall for a man.

Wait ... if it is REALLY possible for a man to marry a woman first and later fall for a man ... then Sherlock could have a romantic relationship with ...

Anderson. Yay!

December 10, 2014 7:58 pm  #2628

Schmiezi wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

Schmiezi wrote:

Wait ... if it is REALLY possible for a man to marry a woman first and later fall for a man ... then Sherlock could have a romantic relationship with ...

Anderson. Yay!

Yay. Indeed.

December 10, 2014 8:34 pm  #2629

Here is another nice find from Benedict's recent interview with Charlie Rose. 

BC: Well, as far as the interpretation goes, a huge amount of the heavy lifting is done by Mark Gatiss and Steven Moffat.  I mean, all the heavy lifting to be frank.  They invented the idea on a train, writing and running the Dr. Who series.  Going, “Wouldn’t it be interesting to put Sherlock Holmes in the modern day.”  And, both being fanboys of the original, they um, took great care of the original…

Charlie Rose: Fan boys?  Is that a British term?

BC: Well, um, because it is, in a way.  It’s a form of slasher fiction, which is a sort of—of a fan phenomenon ,but umm…  They—they take great care of the legacy of Conan Doyle’s hero…

It is nice to see him stopping himself for a moment after having said that. 

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2ah5fd_charlie-rose-the-week-benedict-cumberbatch-on-sherlock_shortfilms

Last edited by SusiGo (December 10, 2014 8:35 pm)

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 10, 2014 8:38 pm  #2630

Oh, that's kind of funny!   He also claimed that Sherlock was slash fiction in an interview recently!  (Edit: I must have been writing this while you posted, Susi - funny that we thought of just the same thing!).

"Companion" in the Dr Who sense has a more specific meaning than it does in the general sense - it's the name for his particular travelling companions.  I don't think the Doctor is definitely straight any more than he's definitely male!   I think only one companion has been a love interest (Rose), but I may be wrong.   He has also had male companions occasionally (but usually with a woman as the main companion - I can't remember him having a man on his own), but Benedict might not be aware.  He's not quite the right generation for Dr Who (at the time he'd have been watching it, it wasn't being shown). 

But anyway, no, I don't think he's talking about sexual partners because Sherlock doesn't have any (that we know of yet).   He doesn't go on to talk about sex and relationships - that's just whoever has written that piece adding quotes from another source. 

Last edited by Liberty (December 10, 2014 8:55 pm)

December 10, 2014 8:41 pm  #2631

I would like to point out again that Benedict has NOT used the word "companion" but partner. 

If you hear a sentence including the words "sex", "tastes", and "partner" what do you think this is about? 

And the term slash or slasher fiction really has only one meaning that cannot be interpreted in different ways. And he is not talking about fanfiction written by the audience but the scripts themselves. 

Last edited by SusiGo (December 10, 2014 8:45 pm)

December 10, 2014 8:47 pm  #2632

Sherlock might have angry hate sex with Anderson some day but it would never be a romantic relationship.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 10, 2014 8:48 pm  #2633

On Slash: Yes but he's just talking in general...I don't believe for one moment ACD was writing slash fiction and Mark and Steven have stated that they haven't.
They certainly haven't shiown us any.

Last edited by besleybean (December 10, 2014 8:50 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 10, 2014 8:50 pm  #2634

Benedict did not say that ACD wrote slash fiction but that Steven and Mark do. I am just quoting. 

December 10, 2014 8:52 pm  #2635

He was explaining the origin of the fan boy thing.

December 10, 2014 8:54 pm  #2636

I'm still giggling at "slasher fiction."

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 10, 2014 8:55 pm  #2637

He said they were fanboys and explained that fanboys are people writing slasher fiction.
Moftiss = fanboys = slasher fiction. 

December 10, 2014 8:58 pm  #2638

He didn't explain the fanboy thing, but continued his thought before he got interrupted:

" And, both being fanboys of the original, they um, took great care of the original… "

and their great care resulted in slasher fiction 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 10, 2014 9:06 pm  #2639

So, when we going to see it?

December 10, 2014 9:07 pm  #2640

To quote Mark: "series 4, series 4." 

Board footera