BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 27, 2013 9:45 pm  #1

Irene Adler's Sexuality

Hello all,

I am wondering what people here thought regarding Irene Adler's sexuality in "A Scandal in Belgravia." Although in her "professional" activities she works with both men and women (we don't know exactly how far she goes with them though), she states that she is gay. The exact line is in response to John when he says, "for the record, if anyone out there still cares, I'm not actually gay." To which she replies, "Well I am. Look at us both." On the other hand, as we know by the end, she is clearly interested in Sherlock. So...what do y'all think?

On a separate note, I still after several viewings do not understand the following line, which comes directly after the preceding one, after Irene and John hear Sherlock's text noise and realize he is there. John makes to go after him but Irene holds up a hand to stop him and says, "I don't think so...do you?" What the heck is she talking about? For anyone interested in watching the scene during which these lines appear, they start at about 55 minutes on my copy.

Thanks,
Alex

September 27, 2013 10:57 pm  #2

Re: Irene Adler's Sexuality

Do you have a link to the previous thread?

Board footera