BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 23, 2013 8:40 pm  #41

Re: Picture thread: Original quotes in a different context

Altho technically it is possible, if the victim is a suicide bomber!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 23, 2013 9:44 pm  #42

All right... all right, so the brother one doesn't -completely- work, bit still thought it was a funny twist in the context of who he was talking to, and Sherlock thinking he had a brother    (maybe in an au)     (and ouch, besley... but true!  maybe you should tell Sherlock that for cluedo. ;))

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

September 23, 2013 9:55 pm  #43

I could totally do more with cross quotes and series...it's harder to do it within the series because they aren't quite as funny ^^

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

September 23, 2013 11:32 pm  #44

sj4iy wrote:

I could totally do more with cross quotes and series...it's harder to do it within the series because they aren't quite as funny ^^

They don't have to be funny.  You can always go for the feels.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

September 24, 2013 12:32 am  #45

Last edited by sj4iy (September 24, 2013 12:36 am)

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.

September 24, 2013 12:33 am  #46

Why yes, I have a dark sense of humor XD

September 24, 2013 12:42 am  #47

You did NOT just go there!!!! 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

September 24, 2013 2:20 am  #48

-------------------------------------------------------

September 24, 2013 2:29 am  #49

kittykat wrote:

You did NOT just go there!!!! 

Oh, I can go even beyond that with ease

September 24, 2013 5:43 am  #50

Loving these oh and Russell:
No, you were right on the brother one,...it was just me being stupid!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 24, 2013 6:54 am  #51

Tonnaree - you had to tell sj to go for the 'feels', instead.     
sj -  ow…  ow!       But I do agree amusingly tricky to match up the funnier ones!  That's why I joked in one of my previous posts about my bad mind, after being all 'cool' with thinking up some perfect cute match-ups, then going straight to the 'horribly ouch yet funny' darker humor ones.  But hey… if you already went there, allow me to follow suite!           

(apologies kinda tiny... annoying my picture site will let me post the previous ones bigger, but pics that are kind of 'long', it shrinks down a bit.  I'm sure you all know the words from that scene though, right?  )

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

September 24, 2013 7:10 am  #52

Oh, no, Russell, this is not funny. 

Nice hot cup of coffee? 

Last edited by SusiGo (September 24, 2013 7:22 am)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 24, 2013 7:25 am  #53

*innocent look*  (and after the infamous balcony scene, of course that led those who were left to this spot: )

Ed:  Susi...  lol!    Believe me, when I was rehashing good quotes and recalled Sherlock doing another moment of adorable manipulation here, and 'balcony' occurred to me in that context, I was simultaneously cringing and grinning to/at myself for quite a bit! 

September 24, 2013 7:33 am  #54

Oh Russell, the one with the balcony is really, really clever. Cruel, but clever. Keep them coming, I can't get enough of that dark sense of humour.

But Susi's housekeeper-pic is great, as well. But I'm a bit disappointed, I always thought Sherlock would make the perfect housekeeper.

Last edited by SolarSystem (September 24, 2013 7:34 am)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

September 24, 2013 9:27 am  #55

Russell wrote:

sj - ow… ow! But I do agree amusingly tricky to match up the funnier ones! That's why I joked in one of my previous posts about my bad mind, after being all 'cool' with thinking up some perfect cute match-ups, then going straight to the 'horribly ouch yet funny' darker humor ones. But hey… if you already went there, allow me to follow suite!

(apologies kinda tiny... annoying my picture site will let me post the previous ones bigger, but pics that are kind of 'long', it shrinks down a bit. I'm sure you all know the words from that scene though, right? )

*cries*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

September 24, 2013 12:30 pm  #56

Glad to know I'm not the only one with a dark sense of humor XD

September 24, 2013 12:36 pm  #57

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

September 24, 2013 1:02 pm  #58

Russell wrote:

sj - ow… ow! But I do agree amusingly tricky to match up the funnier ones! That's why I joked in one of my previous posts about my bad mind, after being all 'cool' with thinking up some perfect cute match-ups, then going straight to the 'horribly ouch yet funny' darker humor ones. But hey… if you already went there, allow me to follow suite!

(apologies kinda tiny... annoying my picture site will let me post the previous ones bigger, but pics that are kind of 'long', it shrinks down a bit. I'm sure you all know the words from that scene though, right? )

Oh god that's awful!  ...

September 24, 2013 1:04 pm  #59

SusiGo wrote:

Oh, no, Russell, this is not funny. 

Nice hot cup of coffee? 

Hehehe 

September 24, 2013 2:17 pm  #60

absolutely love this thread