BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 10, 2013 2:56 am  #421

Re: Picture thread: Original quotes in a different context

Had to laugh.  Scanning Archive of our Own today and found a story where Sherlock was a cat.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

November 10, 2013 3:06 am  #422

Neptune Centari wrote:

tonnaree wrote:

Tunalock........Otterlock......Dragonlock.  Why not Catlock.  We're close to having a zoo.

No. Just no. lol

Ha… no kidding.  Agree… although still amusing how many of those there are.  And ……. Sandmanlock?  . . . . . I…. did not even know that was a thing (or would have occurred to, despite my enjoyment of Gaiman's series), until I came across this on Pinterest:
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/15973773651905404/
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/15973773651905399/

Oh-kay….     

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

November 10, 2013 3:08 pm  #423

I really don't see the problem with those things, like the otters and so on. To me, it indicates imagination and creativity, thinking outside the box. Why do people condemn that so much?  Should people just watch the episodes and have done with it? There's still a wait until Series 3, and we have to fill the time somehow...

I watched Ben's recent appearance on the Graham Norton show; he clearly doesn't mind the otter thing. He thought it was hilarious and I agree! It's funny and just a bit of fun. What's good enough for him...

Last edited by kittykat (November 10, 2013 3:09 pm)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

November 10, 2013 3:25 pm  #424

kittykat wrote:

I really don't see the problem with those things, like the otters and so on. To me, it indicates imagination and creativity, thinking outside the box. Why do people condemn that so much?  Should people just watch the episodes and have done with it? There's still a wait until Series 3, and we have to fill the time somehow...

I watched Ben's recent appearance on the Graham Norton show; he clearly doesn't mind the otter thing. He thought it was hilarious and I agree! It's funny and just a bit of fun. What's good enough for him...

I'll second this, I'm a great AU fan and animalock fan too. The only thing that've really put me off is the tentacle thing, except OctoJohn. Now he's cute

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is it nice not being me? It must be so relaxing.

An apostrophe makes the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

November 10, 2013 3:31 pm  #425

Ormond Sacker wrote:

kittykat wrote:

I'll second this, I'm a great AU fan and animalock fan too. The only thing that've really put me off is the tentacle thing, except OctoJohn. Now he's cute

Cheers 

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

November 10, 2013 9:11 pm  #426

kittykat wrote:

I don't condemn anything. It's just not my cup of tea. I respect everyone's right to enjoy whatever they want to enjoy. In the case of my last few posts on this matter I was only stating how I felt about it, I wasn't trying to imply that I thought it was wrong, or stupid, or anything. I am sorry if those comments in my past posts rubbed anyone the wrong way. I pride myself on being the poster child for "whatever floats your boat." It just happens that animallock of any kind doesn't float mine.

Last edited by Neptune Centari (November 10, 2013 9:13 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------
You're on the canon ground, I'm up in crack ship space
Let's start a shipping war, don't care if I get hate.
Don't like my pairings, well, then you can hit the bricks.
This is my OTP, I'll go down with this ship!

November 10, 2013 9:39 pm  #427

Tbh, I think the otters and hedgehogs are getting a bit old. Sorry, but I really don't see the appeal of making them into animals but maybe that is just me. And I really cannot imagine that Benedict and Martin want to see these things again and again in interviews. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 10, 2013 10:05 pm  #428

SusiGo wrote:

Tbh, I think the otters and hedgehogs are getting a bit old. Sorry, but I really don't see the appeal of making them into animals but maybe that is just me. And I really cannot imagine that Benedict and Martin want to see these things again and again in interviews. 

I agree.

Last edited by Neptune Centari (November 10, 2013 10:09 pm)

November 10, 2013 10:07 pm  #429

It should remain a thing for the fans. Imagine people sending such stuff to Amanda. Unbelievable. 
This it not a rant against Johnlock fanart as such. There are very lovely and inspired pics but it is one thing for fans to look at them and another to show them o the people concerned or their partners. 

Last edited by SusiGo (November 10, 2013 10:09 pm)

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 10, 2013 10:13 pm  #430

I agree. But there are those who condemn their fellow fans for even liking it...

November 10, 2013 10:15 pm  #431

kittykat wrote:

I agree. But there are those who condemn their fellow fans for even liking it...

And those people should be tossed out a window over and over again until you lose track of how many times you tossed them out.

November 10, 2013 10:18 pm  #432

Neptune Centari wrote:

kittykat wrote:

And those people should be tossed out a window over and over again until you lose track of how many times you tossed them out.

Sounds good to me  Just because Johnlock isn't canon doesn't mean people can't like it. Molly isn't from the canon and people like her well enough 

November 10, 2013 10:20 pm  #433

So, interesting. discussion, but maybe we could now come back to the actual topic. You are of course free to continue this in another thread. 

November 17, 2013 4:15 pm  #434

Sherlock, don't make a fuss...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

November 17, 2013 4:19 pm  #435

His nighie! Love it! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 17, 2013 4:43 pm  #436

LOL 

November 18, 2013 2:08 am  #437

Just love thinking about the fact that Sherlock apparently sleeps in the nude under that "nighty". Imagining lovely long lengths of delicious body heat right now. *sigh*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

November 18, 2013 6:49 am  #438

Totally wasted on him, of course.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 22, 2013 6:46 pm  #439

Not just the Queen, apparently...

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

November 22, 2013 6:53 pm  #440

Not quite the right season,though....

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

Board footera