BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 14, 2014 8:34 pm  #61

Re: Benedict to play Hamlet on stage

I would love to join as well - a trip to London is always great but with the prospect of seeing (and being able to listen to this wonderful voice) Benedict Cumberbatch it's really exiting.
And did you plan where the MJN Flight is supposed to Start? WE should be able to find a nice and cozy (almost deserted) airport somewhere in Germany... (preferrably something like Zweibrücken just because "z" is still missing ;))

Carpe Diem - and believe in Sherlock Holmes

January 21, 2014 7:14 pm  #62

I'm trying to figure out if I can afford to go to London for this. Does anyone know when final details about the production would have to be worked out? I mean, we don't even know who else will be in it or where it will be, and it's presumably only about, what, 8, 9, months away? I don't know anything about the timeline for productions like this, just wondering when we will know more. Guess I'm used to movies, everything being announced months in advance.

January 22, 2014 6:15 am  #63

Ah, I've found the thread
I'd love to go as well, also not alone, preferably... I'd also love some kind of meetup - especially as the forum people I *have* met so far were really nice
how do you actually prebook tickets? I always just got my tickets for a West End theatre on the very evening of the show, but apparently that's not the only way to get them?

"It is what it is."

January 22, 2014 6:49 am  #64

I'm hoping it's still on when I'm in London in October.  Soon as I hear the dates, I'll ask one of my London pals to book for me,
I think they tend to book on line,.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 23, 2014 7:28 pm  #65

Hamlet news!!!

Barbican red members (£100 a year) can buy tickets from 10am August 1.
Barbican orange members (£40 a year) can buy tickets from 10am August 4.
General sale August 11 (my birthday!!)

You can buy a maximum of six tickets for the entire run.

Exciting times!!!!

I'm clueing for looks

May 23, 2014 7:29 pm  #66

Here's hoping we all get!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 23, 2014 7:54 pm  #67

Oh, oh, oh.. 

There´ll probably be no tickets left on August 11?

May 23, 2014 7:58 pm  #68

Well we're all hoping there will be...

May 23, 2014 8:15 pm  #69

I´m thinking about getting a membership, but I´m not sure yet..

May 23, 2014 8:18 pm  #70

I'm not splashing out...I'll take my chances with the mob!

May 24, 2014 8:12 am  #71

I'm undecided - I can't see ALL of the tickets being sold out on the priority days so I might take my chances and wait, too.
Then again, I'll be kicking myself if I don't get one!

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

May 24, 2014 8:15 am  #72

I'll be disappointed, but I'll live with it!

May 25, 2014 3:52 pm  #73

I'll cross my fingers we all get tickets!

I'm so blessed to finally have some cash to spend as well! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 7, 2014 7:01 am  #74

Here is an article about Es Devlin, the production designer of this production. Two short mentions of "Hamlet" and lots of interesting information about her style. I am getting more and more excited.

http://moreintelligentlife.com/content/features/matthew-sweet/profile-es-devlin?page=full

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 7, 2014 7:28 am  #75

It's going to be a Gesamtkunstwerk, of that we can be sure, I'd say. 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

July 7, 2014 8:05 am  #76

Yes. And I love that he is going to work with such immensely talented women like Lyndsey Turner and Es Devlin. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 7, 2014 8:31 am  #77

Devlin's projects sound really amazing. The fact that she's doing so many different things and thereby certainly gets all kinds of input... awesome. 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

July 7, 2014 11:13 am  #78

SolarSystem wrote:

It's going to be a Gesamtkunstwerk, of that we can be sure, I'd say. 

Gesamtkunstwerk,?????? coud you translate this word in english please (my 6 years of german training in school left me only with the basic )
Anyway, I can't wait to see BC on stage

---------------------------------------
Enjoy the silence
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

July 7, 2014 11:37 am  #79

The word Gesamtkunstwerk is also mentioned in the article.
It means something like a total work of art.

Last edited by gently69 (July 7, 2014 11:50 am)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

July 7, 2014 6:15 pm  #80

Thank you to have enlighten my lazy self (i didn't have read the article yet ^^ )

---------------------------------------
Enjoy the silence
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

Board footera