BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 21, 2015 8:15 pm  #661

Re: Benedict to play Hamlet on stage

Yeah, and let's not forget: He's almost 40 years old and an experienced actor. I'm sure he knows about his energy and constitution. He'd certainly quit doing the stage door, at least for a while, the moment it's getting too exhausting.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 21, 2015 9:05 pm  #662

Hmmm, but the stage-door can be actually very rewarding too, don´t you think? To see all those excited faces, to know you were able to light up the day of those people for a while, to see for yourself that you have done your job well... it can give you a new energy to continue, does it not?

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

August 21, 2015 9:14 pm  #663

Good point. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 22, 2015 3:08 pm  #664

Random thought.  I wonder how many people go to the stage door that didn't actually get to see the play.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

August 22, 2015 4:19 pm  #665

I bet there'll always be someone! 

And I'm sure Ben knows when to stop, and have people around him who will point out to him when he needs to take a break from the stage doors... While I also do imagine doing it can be rewarding. 

But having seen the play I know what a physical workout it is in itself. He needs to take care of himself and keep fit to keep that up. 

... btw I shouldn't have read this thread from my phone last night before going to bed... I had a bit of a fun but disturbing dream about Ben. 

I dreamed I had obtained another ticket to the play somehow, and something was just weird from the get-go. Coming into the theater the 'curtains' were not covering the stage, the stage was halfway dismantled and Benedict was warning up while people were filming him on their phones, the theater wasn't filled... and then it became clear the man had lost his marbles. He jumped into the crowd, snogged Sophie, and then began to jump around and hugged several people while keeping a very strange monolougue going, towards the end of the dream, all sweaty leaning over me to give the girl I sat next to a peck on the lips, then laughing and giving me one too. 

I have had 'prophetic' dreams before and I hope this is not one of them. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

August 22, 2015 8:16 pm  #666

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

I bet there'll always be someone! 

And I'm sure Ben knows when to stop, and have people around him who will point out to him when he needs to take a break from the stage doors... While I also do imagine doing it can be rewarding. 

But having seen the play I know what a physical workout it is in itself. He needs to take care of himself and keep fit to keep that up. 

He seems to carry the strain quite well and enjoy the stage-door:

https://instagram.com/p/6piLmASq2u/

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

... btw I shouldn't have read this thread from my phone last night before going to bed... I had a bit of a fun but disturbing dream about Ben. 

I dreamed I had obtained another ticket to the play somehow, and something was just weird from the get-go. Coming into the theater the 'curtains' were not covering the stage, the stage was halfway dismantled and Benedict was warning up while people were filming him on their phones, the theater wasn't filled... and then it became clear the man had lost his marbles. He jumped into the crowd, snogged Sophie, and then began to jump around and hugged several people while keeping a very strange monolougue going, towards the end of the dream, all sweaty leaning over me to give the girl I sat next to a peck on the lips, then laughing and giving me one too. 

I have had 'prophetic' dreams before and I hope this is not one of them. 

Few days ago, I had a crazy dream of being in a luxurious hotel and eating wonderfully presented cakes, which were handed to me by Sophie Hunter (in person). But I´m afraid that dream was definitely not prophetic... 

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

August 23, 2015 12:50 am  #667

Are we doing dreams now? I had one a week or so ago that I was babysitting Ben and Sophie's baby, but I hadn't actually met them yet, so I'm not sure how that was supposed to have happened. In the dream, I was annoyed that I had to change the baby's nappy and I didn't even know his name.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

August 23, 2015 10:52 am  #668

ukaunz wrote:

Are we doing dreams now? I had one a week or so ago that I was babysitting Ben and Sophie's baby, but I hadn't actually met them yet, so I'm not sure how that was supposed to have happened. In the dream, I was annoyed that I had to change the baby's nappy and I didn't even know his name.

LOL! 

August 23, 2015 11:07 am  #669

Wow, Barbican can do jokes too:

August 23, 2015 12:25 pm  #670

So my dream was kinda prophetic then? Lol   

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

August 23, 2015 12:27 pm  #671

Not sure if that's the Barbican's legit Twitter account though...

August 23, 2015 12:27 pm  #672

LMAO! 

Now that could be an interesting show... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

August 23, 2015 3:47 pm  #673

Well, he already did the opening of Frankienstein in a nappy.  

And my dreams of Ben/Sherlock cannot be discussed in a public forum.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

August 25, 2015 6:16 pm  #674

I heard tonight is press night. Mark and Ian are there, too.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

August 25, 2015 6:56 pm  #675

Okay, his parents, his wife, Amanda and Martin, James Rhodes, his friend Adam are there, too.

Sophie looking lovely in orange

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

August 25, 2015 7:08 pm  #676

Sophie looks beautiful! 

'Break a leg' to everyone tonight! Big night!! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

August 25, 2015 7:20 pm  #677

Reminds me of a carrot 

Last edited by Harriet (August 25, 2015 7:25 pm)

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

August 25, 2015 7:52 pm  #678

Harriet...!!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 26, 2015 2:40 am  #679

Just look how in love they are

Here's cumberbudy's post on some reviews she's heard -reviews from family and friends.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

August 26, 2015 2:47 am  #680

Oh, and apparently there are new pictures in the programme...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

Board footera