BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 5, 2015 3:19 pm  #601

Re: Benedict to play Hamlet on stage

Yes, such an article was long overdue. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 5, 2015 3:30 pm  #602

great article!!! :-)
Let's hope everybody does this nice Fan portrait justice :-) :-)

"It is what it is."

August 5, 2015 5:56 pm  #603

Just some minutes to go til his first performance. I pray for a grown-up audience.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

August 5, 2015 6:15 pm  #604

Oh, this article is a wonderful testimony to the Fandom -let's all pray it proves to be accurate.
Thank you for posting it, Susi!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

August 5, 2015 6:21 pm  #605

----------

August 5, 2015 6:31 pm  #606

The whole family is there, Sophie, Wanda and Tim and Bens friend Adam with his wife

http://rox712.tumblr.com/post/125942523661/janet-is-living-the-dream

EDIT: changed link due to unworthiness of blog owner

Last edited by Ivy (August 5, 2015 6:52 pm)

----------

August 5, 2015 6:38 pm  #607

Lovely that his family is there! Wishing Ben the best of luck tonight!

But... what on earth is that on his forehead in the banner of the blog you posted, Ivy?!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

August 5, 2015 6:40 pm  #608

Thanks, Ivy. How lovely for him. But I would be a bit careful with linking her blog. She is one of the most spiteful Sophie Hunter "haters" on the Internet.

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 5, 2015 6:45 pm  #609

Vhanja wrote:

But... what on earth is that on his forehead in the banner of the blog you posted, Ivy?!

haha, he was sweating I'm not sure if that are paper tissues or these things who can use for oily skin. If I remember correctly that was at the Emmys (or the Golden Globes?! I'm not sure)

----------

August 5, 2015 6:51 pm  #610

SusiGo wrote:

Thanks, Ivy. How lovely for him. But I would be a bit careful with linking her blog. She is one of the most spiteful Sophie Hunter "haters" on the Internet.

uuuhhhh, thanks for that information, I changed the link to someones worthy. I was so excited I didn't care what kind of blog that is. Another blog for me to block.

----------

August 5, 2015 6:57 pm  #611

Thanks for your understanding. 

August 5, 2015 7:02 pm  #612

Vhanja wrote:

The pic is from an event in California about two years ago. They had to wait in the heat and sunshine so he plastered a wet tissue to his forehead. 

Last edited by SusiGo (August 5, 2015 7:02 pm)

August 5, 2015 7:26 pm  #613

How lovely his family's there for him...!
Best of luck to him tonight!

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

August 5, 2015 7:50 pm  #614

tonnaree wrote:

You just beat me to posting this Susi!  Lovely compliments from the Radio Times.

Wait a minute, so... no sonic screwdrivers were thrown onto the stage when David played Hamlet and now we won't see any deerstalkers in the audience...? Come oooooon....!!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 5, 2015 7:54 pm  #615

I am deeply disappointed. I expected the Tardis to land in Elsinore. 

August 5, 2015 7:59 pm  #616

But hey, The Skull will be on stage! That's a ray of hope, isn't it...?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 5, 2015 8:02 pm  #617

Oh, yes. Billy the Skull aka Yorick. 

August 5, 2015 9:10 pm  #618

What a lovely article to read first thing in the morning

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

August 5, 2015 9:39 pm  #619

Alas, poor Billy! I knew him, John...

What do you mean, that's not how the play goes?

August 6, 2015 6:44 am  #620

Wonderful article!

"Perhaps this is at the heart of the media’s Cumbersnobbery: we are not mocking them for being obsessed, but for caring at all. For the weary elite, visiting the theatre is a diversion, a date in the diary, a review to be written. But Cumberfans are wholeheartedly passionate about Benedict Cumberbatch. Seeing him on opening night is a major event, something to anticipate, savour and remember."

Couldn´t agree more.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

Board footera