BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 28, 2014 9:59 pm  #401

Re: Benedict to play Hamlet on stage

Trying not to scream.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

August 28, 2014 10:00 pm  #402

You're getting slow, tonnaree...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 28, 2014 10:02 pm  #403

That would be really cool!! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

August 28, 2014 10:25 pm  #404

SolarSystem wrote:

You're getting slow, tonnaree...

It's been a long week and I'm on drugs!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

August 29, 2014 5:43 am  #405

So even if he's ill when I go and see it live...I'll be able to see him in film!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 29, 2014 6:55 am  #406

Here is a good article from the Daily Mail (yes, this happens, and yes, using this link you will not add to the Fail's online clicks):

http://www.donotlink.com/framed?530967 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 29, 2014 8:57 am  #407

By the way, just out of curiosity: Would any of you go and watch it at the movie theatre before you have seen it live on stage in London? Because I don't think I would... 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 29, 2014 9:00 am  #408

No, I do not think so. It would somehow spoil the live event for me. And they surely will show it again and again like they do with Frankenstein so there is always time to watch it later. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 29, 2014 9:06 am  #409

It's tempting but I also think I wouldn't go before seeing it at the theatre. I would wait for a possible encore screening at the cinemas.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

August 29, 2014 1:58 pm  #410

Since I'm going to see the play quite early in the run, I doubt it will be at the cinema before. So I won't have to consider that.

You get so alone at times that it just makes sense.

(Charles Bukowski)

August 29, 2014 4:31 pm  #411

No I wouldn't see it in the cinema before...unless it was already announced Benedict was ill, before I got to the theatre but after it was being screened!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 29, 2014 5:22 pm  #412

I would have chosen to see the live one first, but as I'm going at the end of the run, I don't think I'll have any choice.   I'm slightly disappointed at that, but not hugely.   It might be interesting to see the live performance when I'm already familiar with it.  And it will actually be rather fun watching it on screen whilst knowing that I can still look forward to seeing it live!

August 29, 2014 5:24 pm  #413

I suppose they will not show the filmed performance only once. Why not proceed in the same way as they did with Frankenstein and show it again after the stage run is over?

August 29, 2014 5:51 pm  #414

Yep.

August 29, 2014 6:12 pm  #415

I'm sure they would show it again, but I think there is a different atmosphere when these sort of things are broadcast live. 

August 29, 2014 6:15 pm  #416

Well, I have seen "Frankenstein", "Coriolanus" and "Macbeth" from NTlive and the atmosphere was great and had a real theatre feel to it. I am not sure if it makes so much difference to know that it is performed at this very moment in London. I mean, you see and hear the audience murmuring and shuffling before it starts, it really felt like being in a theatre instead of a cinema. And the version they show later is probably the one they film during the performance, maybe with some minor adjustments. 

August 29, 2014 6:15 pm  #417

Yep.
Loved Frankenstein NT link.....but I would have preferred to see it lvie on stage.

August 29, 2014 6:17 pm  #418

Of course. But I think Liberty was comparing watching the live broadcast to the recorded version. And I think there is not much difference between them. 

August 29, 2014 6:21 pm  #419

Oh yeah I kniow and I agree wih you actually, I love the links and you really do feel you are there!

August 29, 2014 6:24 pm  #420

They are really good. And especially in "Frankenstein" I loved the views from above you simply do not get when you sit in the theatre. Like in the scene where the Creature for the first time feels rain. This was beautifully filmed from above. 

Board footera