BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 11, 2014 5:11 pm  #361

Re: Benedict to play Hamlet on stage

Thank you, Liberty, but you do not have to be annoyed on my behalf. I bought the membership mainly to ensure that I got tickets at all. That was the most important thing for me. Before this I never had the chance to see Benedict at a con or on stage or a premiere before and this way I could save myself a lot of anxiety (and I was still nervous enough, believe me). 

I suppose there have been mistakes on the side of the Barbican. On the other hand this seems to be the world record for the fastest selling stage production ever. I assume they have contracts with agencies so they had to hold back tickets for those they could not sell during the priority booking. And those 100 10 pound seats that are all over the theatre which will be sold only next year. 

So, no, I am not angry. I am still happy with my tickets and that my friends got some as well and I am looking forward to this very much. 

And finally - everyone is free to search for the best way to get a ticket, to try various sites, to try online or by phone. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 11, 2014 5:15 pm  #362

Random luck.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 11, 2014 5:16 pm  #363

For this it really did not want to rely on that. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 11, 2014 5:18 pm  #364

I agree with you, Susi. Same with me. I bought the membership to ensure that I can get tickets at all. And I don't regret it.

But still ... unbelievable how Benedict mobilise the masses ...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

August 11, 2014 5:19 pm  #365

Yes. This is beyond amazing. 

August 11, 2014 5:21 pm  #366

I would love to see how Benedict reacts on this fact.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

August 11, 2014 5:25 pm  #367

I am so proud!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 11, 2014 5:28 pm  #368

Did you see James Rhodes' tweet?

James Rhodes @JRhodesPianist  ·  47m
Does anyone known if there's a London production of Hamlet some time next year?

August 11, 2014 5:38 pm  #369

So pleased for everyone that got tickets
I don't regret caving in and buying membership last week; I'm not usually lucky with tickets for popular events unless I sign up for Priority booking and I really do want to see BC's interpretation of this play.
I think with something as huge as this, there will always be those who complain about the booking procedure, because sadly not everyone will have success.
I hope he's delighted and proud at how many want to see his work
(And James R is an absolute darling )

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

August 11, 2014 5:45 pm  #370

I tweeted him back!

August 11, 2014 5:50 pm  #371

besleybean wrote:

I am so proud!

Me too. That Benedict made it. Amazing ... unbelievable amazing.

(Tony Hadley)

August 11, 2014 5:51 pm  #372

Well, the membership is only pennies per week over the next year, if you look at that way, so worth it to be sure of getting tickets.  I'm glad everybody here got tickets, members or not.  I really lucked out with the Barbican queue, and only had 20 something ahead of me - apparently it went up to over 30,000!  I'm a little envious of those of you going earlier in the run, but at least I'll have longer to look forward to it. 

August 11, 2014 5:59 pm  #373

As has been said, I hope he keeps well!

August 11, 2014 6:01 pm  #374

I am sure he will. 

August 11, 2014 6:12 pm  #375

We booked about 12 tickets this afternoon on atg and will sit in row A and B in stalls. Never thought it would happen, good decision not to go an the Barbican site.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

August 11, 2014 6:13 pm  #376

Well done you.

August 11, 2014 8:27 pm  #377

Interesting post with lots of pics of the Barbican auditorium:
http://rox712.tumblr.com/post/94456975181/first-barbican-post-as-i-told-you-yesterday

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 11, 2014 8:32 pm  #378

That is so cool, Solar! I can't believe I'll be there in a year... the row I have a seat on looks so incredibly close to the stage...

Holy crépe!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

August 11, 2014 8:33 pm  #379

Well done.

August 11, 2014 8:42 pm  #380

Ah thank you, Solar. Brilliant pics.

(Tony Hadley)

Board footera