BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 4, 2014 2:03 pm  #221

Re: Benedict to play Hamlet on stage

I am trying really hard not to panic about Monday...

There has to be a ticket for me... just one of the days... just one tiny seat... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

August 4, 2014 2:04 pm  #222

I am remaining stoical.
If I get one I do, if I don't well...
Life goes on..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 4, 2014 2:09 pm  #223

And there are still the 10 pound tickets. But the conditions for those have not been announced yet. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 4, 2014 2:17 pm  #224

Or as the woman from the Barbican told me via email, after having told her I'd be coming from Denmark... I was always free to show up at the theater and ask if they had tickets that had been returned for that day.

I'd be crazy enough when I do have the cash... If I ever... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

August 4, 2014 2:18 pm  #225

besleybean wrote:

I am remaining stoical.
If I get one I do, if I don't well...
Life goes on..

This is the attitude I tried to take this morning - I just queued on one device and thought - what will be, will be...there are some pretty awful things going on in the world right now so not getting them would've been hugely disappointing but not the end of the world.
I've seen some people getting quite upset about it on Twitter because they may not get tickets and I do feel for them - I really hope you're lucky next week

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

August 4, 2014 2:22 pm  #226

Cheers.
Well it's my poor daughter who will be in the queue for me...
Mind you, when I get in from work, she may well STILL be in the queue...if all the tickets haven't sold out by then!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 4, 2014 2:29 pm  #227

Get her to get in line early if possible - I logged on at 6.30 this morning as I was up anyway, and although I still had almost 5,000 in front of me when I was assigned a place at 10.00, I think it would've been much worse had I not gone onto the site until 10.00.
Also, once I got to the last 2,000 places, the numbers ahead of me dropped by 10-20 places at a time, so I think people clearly queue on more than one device, then close them all down when they get through.
Good luck!

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

August 4, 2014 2:33 pm  #228

On Friday booking by telephone was quicker than online. I was in the online queue and telephone queue. Online it took me two hours, on the phone about five minutes. And they are very helpful and friendly. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 4, 2014 2:35 pm  #229

Getting my daughter out of bed will be the problem.
But as I said to her, whatever time she gets on will be earlier than I can!
I know some folks have been phoning AND going on line.

August 4, 2014 2:36 pm  #230

I understood it doesn't matter when you join the pre-queue, Tinks.
You are placed randomly in the booking queue. Susi joined the pre-queue later than me and finally was 1600 users ahead of me.

Last edited by gently69 (August 4, 2014 2:37 pm)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

August 4, 2014 2:40 pm  #231

Ah, thanks gently
In that case besley, let your daughter have her lie in! ;)

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

August 4, 2014 2:41 pm  #232

That's a given!

August 4, 2014 3:29 pm  #233

Just a question on the side:

Do you guys plan to try and meet up with other people from this board that will go see the play on the same days?

You get so alone at times that it just makes sense.

(Charles Bukowski)

August 4, 2014 3:31 pm  #234

I hope to meet up with people anyway, but if I get a ticket...yes!

August 4, 2014 3:34 pm  #235

As soon as most people have settled their tickets, we should try and make a list, then.

You get so alone at times that it just makes sense.

(Charles Bukowski)

August 4, 2014 3:39 pm  #236

Splendid idea. We could open a new thread for that in the "meet-ups" section and post a link in here so people will find the way. 

August 4, 2014 3:53 pm  #237

I have mine....i'm soooo happy with my E37^^ ...dancing alone in my room like a loony

---------------------------------------
Enjoy the silence
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

August 4, 2014 5:05 pm  #238

Great news, Titania. Congrats to all who got tickets today.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

August 4, 2014 5:16 pm  #239

So happy for all of you on the growing list of people who's gotten tickets!! Woo!

I finally got a reply from the doctors I work for, it's okay that I 'work from home' on Monday... sure... I can prep some medical lab equipment while waiting in line. Wonder how much I will get done with my jittery hands!

That list is a wonderful idea, could be fun if we could have a major board meetup... if anyone wants to meet a weirdo like me.

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (August 4, 2014 5:17 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

August 4, 2014 5:18 pm  #240

Meeting me might make you realise you are normal!
Ha.

Board footera