BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 3, 2013 11:55 am  #21

Re: Benedict in Star Wars Episode VII?

"I'd like to believe though that Mister Cumberbatch would only wanna be part of this if they'd offer him an interesting, somewhat original part."

I believe in The Batch.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

September 3, 2013 6:38 pm  #22

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 3, 2013 6:42 pm  #23

Me too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

September 3, 2013 7:27 pm  #24

Hihi. :o) I'm kind of amused by your relief. Dont get it wrong, please, I can totally understand it. :o)

But please forgive me for playing the devil's advocate. ;o) He is NOT casted - yet. ;o))

In my life I have found two things of priceless worth - learning and loving. Nothing else - not fame, not power, not achievement for its own sake - can possible have the same lasting value. For when your life is over, if you can say 'I have learned' and 'I have loved', you will also be able to say 'I have been happy'.
~ Arthur C. Clarke ~

September 3, 2013 8:33 pm  #25

Ooohhh, I am sad ​, I was already looking forward, seeing Ben in Star Wars. Really bad news for me .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

September 3, 2013 10:58 pm  #26

It may still happen regardless whether it's reported as false right now. It may have been too early for the news to be released so it could have been retracted x

He does love to be dramatic.
Well, thank god you're above all that!

September 4, 2013 3:22 am  #27

SolarSystem wrote:

Ha! After Episodes I-III Star Wars was deader than dead to me, but with Abrams doing it, I already was quite interested in it again. Now if  Mister Cumberbatch should be on board, in whatever role... wow. That would be even more wow than just wow.

Couldn't agree with you more! 

-------------------------------------------------------

November 28, 2014 7:33 pm  #28

RadioTimes thinks the voiceover voice in this official Star Wars teaser sounds familiar (article here).

"Oh, you meant 'spectacularly ignorant' in a NICE way."

November 28, 2014 10:55 pm  #29

I think they might be on to something here.
I am not so sure about "The dark side - and the light", but "There has been an awakening - have you felt it?" sounds very much like a mixture of Benedict and Smaug...
Question is: will there be a voice-over in the finished film? Or do they just use it for the trailers?

Last edited by SolarSystem (November 28, 2014 10:57 pm)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

November 30, 2014 2:17 am  #30

A very good question, that...

"Oh, you meant 'spectacularly ignorant' in a NICE way."

November 30, 2014 2:04 pm  #31

When I first read that rumour about the trailer, my first thought was: "If he really was in Star Wars they wouldn't be that stupid to give that away in their first teaser trailer, so it can't be him." Then I went watching that trailer and I wasn't that sure anymore because 'The dark side - and the light' sounds a lot like him, a mixture between Smaug and Khan.
If it really is Andy Serkis doing it, then he's done a very good job!

As for Benedict, I really do hope he's in Star Wars as he'd really love to be and he'd be perfect in whatever he'd be doing but if he is, I don't understand why they are using his voice in their first ever trailer without confirming officially he's in it.

Last edited by James Norrington (November 30, 2014 2:37 pm)

------------------------------------------------------------
"Love something, and love it deeply."
Andrew Scott

"I don’t care how hypothetical it is, I’m not flying with a live otter in the flight deck."
Captain Martin Crieff

November 30, 2014 2:27 pm  #32

I can't hear Ben in that voice over... I really tried but I can't... 

I might be half deaf but I am usually pretty good at recognising voices...

But I would hope he was in it... that would be awesome! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

November 30, 2014 3:00 pm  #33

Andy Serkiss is the name I've heard.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera