BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 24, 2013 11:09 am  #1

SHOWS LIKE SHERLOCK?

Does anyone of any any other modern shows related to Sherlock in style? I am generally speaking of shows exclusivley British? I've watched:
Spooks
Sherlock
Strike Back
Ripper Street
Whitechapel

Last edited by petoria (August 24, 2013 11:41 am)

August 24, 2013 9:28 pm  #2

Re: SHOWS LIKE SHERLOCK?

Can't think of any. Maybe I should check out some of the shows you mentioned.
But Sherlock is just special.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

October 1, 2013 12:32 pm  #3

I know its not British (though Hugh Laurie is) but House is a terrific show that ran for a LONG time. It kind of lost it's luster in later years, but really picked up at the end of it's life, and even follwed in the Sherlockian footsteps of "The Final Problem" if you know what I mean. 

..................................................................................................................................................................................................

“Dear God. What is it like in your funny little brains? It must be so boring.”-Sherlock

October 3, 2013 1:33 am  #4

petoria wrote:

Does anyone of any any other modern shows related to Sherlock in style?

*laughs*

Nope.

*sighs*

October 3, 2013 2:03 am  #5

This might seem like a weird suggestion, but the current "Doctor Who" is similar in style and writing (probably because Moffat is the head writer for both shows and Mark Gatiss is a strong contributor).  The characters of the Doctor and Sherlock share many characteristics...both are the most intelligent person in the room, are completely oblivious to how they are perceived by those around them (and don't care about it), are unreadable and both harbor some very dark secrets.  They are also incredibly full of themselves and crave attention...yet are very lonely.  Obviously the tone and storylines of each series differ greatly, but there are some fundamental similarities.  That's probably why both of these shows are m two favorite shows currently. 

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

Board footera