BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 31, 2013 1:52 pm  #81

Re: CHAT ROOM!

kittykat wrote:

Ah, I see. That tells me everything I need to know anyway Explains a lot...

Exactly. That she is not one of the sheep who reveal everything everywhere to everyone.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

August 31, 2013 2:41 pm  #82

Kitty, please regard this as a warning: Your way of calling people names, asking for their native countries and drawing conclusions from this is quite offensive. Please stop this. 
Everyone can decide which social networks to use and it does not make them a better or worse person than anyone else. Everyone has a right of privacy on this forum and anywhere else. Everyone has the right to choose what to disclose and what not. 
P.S.: I  love this forum because it does not matter where someone comes from but only that he or she loves Sherlock. This fact is very important to me and it should remain like this. What would you say if I looked at the information about your country and drew conclusions regarding your character or behaviour from this? 
P.P.S. Any information about which member may have blocked PMs from another member should be kept private as well. 

Last edited by SusiGo (August 31, 2013 3:07 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 31, 2013 2:57 pm  #83

Ok, I thought it was relevant because she was asking me a personal question in spite of rejecting the option of PM to me.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

August 31, 2013 3:00 pm  #84

If I just didn't ask for a chat room months ago....... 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

August 31, 2013 3:18 pm  #85

Just one last question, then. 

When Series 3 starts airing, where are we allowed to discuss it? The chat room is fast enough to handle this and there could be appropriate spoiler warnings in place. That way, people can remain around the forum to talk about it but anybody who doesn't want to know won't get spoiled.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

August 31, 2013 3:25 pm  #86

Please contact the Boss. This is a decison I cannot and will not make alone. It is difficult because of the various air dates and so on. So please ask her. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 31, 2013 6:53 pm  #87

Then do it by PM I guess. Maybe we can ask the Boss for a special Chatroom just for each episode as it airs. Personally I aim to watch the episodes as they are aired. I am on Twitter but cannot imagine anything worse than tweeting the whole way through rather than just enjoying the episodes for what they are, in all their glory,  they are aired. In my experience it is impossible to truly engage when also typing away on a keyboard. That's just me though.

Discussion immediately afterwards would be fantastic though.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 31, 2013 7:05 pm  #88

I second all of that, Davina.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

September 1, 2013 4:07 pm  #89

OK GUYS. THIS ARGUMENT ENDS RIGHT HERE.

Kittkat - please stop being antagonistic. Even if you don't mean it, that's certainly the way it's coming across in this thread in the interchange between you and Harriet.

The main problem with the chat room as I see it is:

1. Some people want to discuss spoilers.
2. Some people don't.
3. The chat log keeps all the previous conversations so that when people enter the room they may inadvertently see spoilers even if they didn't want to.
4. It would be unfair to expect people who didn't want spoilers to keep out of the chat, and would result in less people using it.
5. But then, to say NO SPOILERS IN CHAT would also be unfair on the people who DO want to discuss the spoilers, and especially for people who want to talk about the episodes live as they are airing.

SO...

Only possible solution as I see it, is to have TWO CHAT ROOMS. A Spoiler Free Chat Room and a Spoiler Chat Room.

I can make it so it's possible to be in both at the same time so that nobody will miss out if they just want an ordinary chat as well as a spoilerish chat.

All live discussion of episodes as they are airing will need to take place in the SPOILER CHAT ROOM.

Is everybody in agreement?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

September 1, 2013 4:12 pm  #90

Sounds good to me!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

September 1, 2013 4:13 pm  #91

More than I had asked for, Boss - thanks 

Last edited by Harriet (September 1, 2013 4:14 pm)

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

September 1, 2013 4:31 pm  #92

I'm all for this too

---------------------------------------
Enjoy the silence
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

September 1, 2013 4:34 pm  #93

2 chat rooms sounds great!

I'll help populate the non-spoilery one

May I suggest strict rules for non compliance up front?

-m0r

And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

September 1, 2013 4:37 pm  #94

Good plan

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

September 1, 2013 4:50 pm  #95

Great idea, Boss, thank you very much! 

September 1, 2013 6:48 pm  #96

Sounding promising! Shall we involve the U.N. or can we sort this out amongst ourselves? 

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 2, 2013 9:53 am  #97

There are now two chat rooms. When you click the link at the top it will take you to another page where you can choose which one you want to enter.

September 2, 2013 10:05 am  #98

Thanks very much for making this possible. 

September 2, 2013 10:49 am  #99

We have Mods in the Chat now. If you try to login using your username Susi & Davina it will ask for a password. PM me for password.

September 2, 2013 3:14 pm  #100

OK I went ahead and made German chat rooms too. Haha.

Board footera