BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 22, 2015 8:26 pm  #81

Re: Game of Thrones

sj4iy wrote:

tonnaree wrote:

Very excited to see Jonothan Pryce too!

GOT premieres the same weekend as 221b.con, so much to look foward to!

I'm excited to see him as the High Sparrow.  He will be perfect for that part

I have tickets to see the IMAX special next Thursday night.  Obviously the episodes are from last season, but I absolutely want to see them on the big screen.  And the promise of a 3 minute trailer is pretty awesome, too.

Hope you enjoy the con :D

I am really irritated that none of the IMAX showings are near me!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 22, 2015 9:19 pm  #82

tonnaree wrote:

sj4iy wrote:

tonnaree wrote:

Very excited to see Jonothan Pryce too!

GOT premieres the same weekend as 221b.con, so much to look foward to!

I'm excited to see him as the High Sparrow.  He will be perfect for that part

I have tickets to see the IMAX special next Thursday night.  Obviously the episodes are from last season, but I absolutely want to see them on the big screen.  And the promise of a 3 minute trailer is pretty awesome, too.

Hope you enjoy the con :D

I am really irritated that none of the IMAX showings are near me!

That's really odd- I would have thought they would have one closer :/

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

February 27, 2015 9:52 pm  #83

New season starts quite soon! Terribly excited!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 15, 2015 11:51 am  #84

Anyone watching the new season? It is great but I am seriously going to be heartbroken if it goes the way it looks like it may. Valar morghulis and all that. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 15, 2015 12:06 pm  #85

Are you talking about Sir Jorah?   I will weep.

The dragons in the last episode were breathtaking!

Have you read the books Davina?  They are mixing things up a lot this season.

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

May 15, 2015 6:54 pm  #86

Yes! So will I...sob.. .They offer characters hope and then bam.. ... sniff...I will be hoping for a miracle cure! Shouting 'Nooooooo!' at the TV screen may not be sufficient, I fear!  I have only read up to where the last season ended. I gather there are big differences as we have just lost someone who in the book lasts a fair bit longer. I am hoping Ser Jorah gets to do this bit. 

May 15, 2015 7:15 pm  #87

You need to finish reading!!!

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

May 27, 2015 7:32 am  #88

I don't now whether to read ahead or not....decisions...decisions! Have you caught up with the latest episode The Gift yet? I loved this episode, so much in it! Terrific fight scenes and aww.... 

May 27, 2015 10:34 am  #89

The show is so close to caught up with the books you might as well finish them!

Latest episode was great.  I was loving me some badass Sir Jorah!!  *swoon*

And to see Cersi get her evil self tossed in a hole!   There's a big big scene for her character coming up that I can't wait to see what they do with!

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

May 28, 2015 10:37 am  #90

I think I am going to have to. I'm going to work on a Ser Jorah T-shirt design . Mwhahaha! Any suggestions? (Keep it clean! Ha! Ha!) So sweet that he didn't actually kill anyone on the pit. I just hope Dany forgives him and appreciates him & that they find a cure for greyscale (Stannis....).  I loved the scene between Aidan and Diana Rigg. Clearly Jon is going to have to use the dragon glass dagger. I would like a few more dragons and dire wolves. Cersei and Tommen are in a right predicament. Sansa and the auger (or what ever it was she picked up) might be interesting, although it is nice to see her taking a leaf out of Petyr's book and starting to 'play' her new husband. I thought this episode was just the bees knees and could not contain a cheer at the Jorah fight and the Tyrion/gift  big reveal. Yay! 

May 28, 2015 1:32 pm  #91

To be brutally honest, during the Jorah fight scene I was in danger of losing my knickers. 

I adore a scene with Diana Rigg and ANYONE!  The scene between her and the High Sparrow was delicious!  She is so perfect as the Quenn of Thorns.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

May 28, 2015 10:23 pm  #92

Ha! A perfectly normal reaction! Who needs underwear anyway? wink) Massive fan girl attack throughout, with  an abnormal amount of squealing from moi. Just as well I was watching on my own! I laughed when the pit boss got the elbow in the face...does that make me a bad person?  Classic! I know the timing of Tyrion's entrance was a bit contrived but it was just all so deliciously delightful!

Jonathan Pryce is excellent as the High Sparrow isn't he.

I could listen to Aidan and Iain speak all day... They could be reading the telephone directory aloud for all I care! Confession: I was watching the autopsy programme on poor River Phoenix tonight principally because Iain is the narrator (my son twigged immediately as to whom the voice belonged.). 

June 2, 2015 9:10 pm  #93

I have just caught up with the latest episode! Oh my goodness gracious me! What an amazing episode. Talk about crank up the pressure and jeopardy. Oh Dany, Jorah will be your saviour ultimately. He will redeem himself.So many characters are willing to sacrifice but also have real courage in this episode. The question is: what is worth fighting for?  I did say it was like The Walking Dead meeting GoTs! There was an awful lot of watching from behind hands and shrieks of 'Noooo' tonight.

June 7, 2015 6:27 pm  #94

Tonight's episode:  The episode synopsis is as oblique as ever, though we can still glean a few solid hints from its words.“Stannis confronts a troubling decision. Jon returns to The Wall,” HBO says. In Braavos, “Mace visits the Iron Bank. Arya encounters someone from her past. Dany reluctantly oversees a traditional celebration of athleticism.”

Will Mark be in the show tonight?!?!?

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

June 7, 2015 8:15 pm  #95

I think he might well be. As for Arya...could it be The Hound or one of the outlaws...? Dany's one is the most cause for concern for me along with Stannis's decision.  I will watch it tomorrow. My son's probably back from Uni tomorrow, if he is I may have to wait until 9 p.m. To watch but I don't know if I can bear it until then.

June 7, 2015 10:35 pm  #96

I'm excited because I get to watch live tonight!  Hubby worked day shift today so we can stay up.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

June 8, 2015 9:39 am  #97

I've watched it now. I should have waited until my lad was back from Uni later but I couldn't. In a bit of shock all-in-all. Flipping heck!!! What did you make of it? Stannis! I found that section extremely distressing.  What on earth will Davos do? Arya...yikes! At least Allister let Jon back in. Jamie & Bronn...who lives to sing another day. What do you reckon Dany will do? I hope she isn't just going to abandon those still in the arena (Jorah...yay! But goodness me!) Talk about a cliffhanger! 

June 8, 2015 11:38 am  #98

wow, that was upsetting, I don't think I had that feeling of "Why? Why is this happening?" since

Meera had to kill her brother in last year's finale.

Though it was hinted for a while now, I just did not want it to happen. I spent much of the episode thinking "no, please no"

****************************************************************************************************************************************
We balance probabilities and choose the most likely. It is the scientific use of the imagination.    

June 8, 2015 12:20 pm  #99

The Stannis part was practically unbareable.  I almost left the room.  To me he has now crossed a line that he cannot be redeemed from.  I had zero sympthy for the mother's breakdown.

The whole fight in the arena had my heart beating a mile a minute with every swing of the sword.  It being GOT I had no idea if Jorah would survive or not.  When the dragon showed up I was screaming happy obsenities at the screen.  Dany's dragon ride was something I have been waiting for for a long time.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

June 9, 2015 3:13 pm  #100

I agree absolutely with your views on Stannis he has crossed a line. (I still wonder about Malaesandra. He interaction with Beric Dondarion etc. back in season 3 seemed 'wrong'. their take on the One True God seemed so different to hers. They protected the weak and vulnerable against such treatment). I found the sacrifice scene really distressing (as much because for the distress on many of the soldiers' faces as for her mother's tardy reaction and for my anticipation of poor Davos who was, frankly, loved the princess more than anyone else). The sound stayed with me....

The arena was just heart-thumpingly nerve-wracking. Exactly as you say, because Valar Morghulis and everyone, every character is in jeopardy and no one is sacrosanct. I was so, so happy when Danaerys took Jorah's hand.

I watched it again last night with my son. Even he screamed out in places (23 year old rugby player that he is). I was still very shocked, upset and nervous but the foreshadowing is what really struck me on a second viewing, plus the nuances in the acting (loved Davos and the Princess and Jorah and Danaerys).

I admit to being Iainthralled, Iainfected, Iainfatuated! Ha ha! He is the absolute boss! I feel a Facebook group coming on! 

Board footera