BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 13, 2013 4:14 am  #1

The six Thatchers

Does anyone read dr.Watson's blog?
http://www.johnwatsonblog.co.uk/blog/19december

I just have a question about the six Thatchers case. To me it sounds like its based on the six Napoleons where there was a black pearl hidden in one of the statues. It makes perfect sense to go and look for the statues and break them but what I don't get is why would the killer in the six Thatchers case want to retrieve the knife? it would have been the perfect crime and no one would have known that there's a knife hidden in there!! is it just stupidity from Beppor or am I missing something?

_____________________________________________---------------------------------------------------------_______________________________

"All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage"

August 13, 2013 12:22 pm  #2

Re: The six Thatchers

You are right. I imagine that he just couldn't cope with the uncertainty of not knowing whether the evidence against him was save. His initials were on the knife and he knew that when the figure eventually would fall and break it could lead towards him. He just wanted to be 100 % sure that there would be no evidence. So he took the risk to find it instead of doing nothing.

Board footera