BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 23, 2013 9:10 pm  #161

Re: Fan Fiction Addicts General Round Table Discusion - ADULT CONTENT

"Sherly"...?! Oh please, thank god I've never come across that nick until now. But then again I guess I haven't read as much fic as most of you until now.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

September 24, 2013 5:38 am  #162

Believe me, I've heard a lot worst!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 24, 2013 1:47 pm  #163

I've also seen Mycroft refered to as "Myc", pronounced Mike.  Nicknames just don't work for some people.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

September 24, 2013 3:35 pm  #164

besleybean wrote:

Believe me, I've heard a lot worst!

Which ones?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

September 24, 2013 3:56 pm  #165

Well I didn't want to say, cos she's a lovely girl who some others may also follow on twitter.
But she had this thing of calling Bendict ' boo' or even worse' boo bear'.
So she felt my warth and she really does try not to now!
Tho we still get the irksome 'benny' from many.

Last edited by besleybean (September 24, 2013 3:57 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 24, 2013 4:14 pm  #166

I do not want to disturb the nickname discussion but before I forget this - what about the myth of Sherlock's Egyption cotton sheets? Does anyone know where this comes from or is it just wishful thinking? 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 24, 2013 4:35 pm  #167

Is the one he wears such?!

September 24, 2013 5:17 pm  #168

No idea. But in the fanfics he almost always has very expensive Egyption cotton sheets that are totally different from John's simple military variety. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 24, 2013 9:08 pm  #169

SusiGo wrote:

I do not want to disturb the nickname discussion but before I forget this - what about the myth of Sherlock's Egyption cotton sheets? Does anyone know where this comes from or is it just wishful thinking? 

Don't know if it's been officially mentioned anywhere but considering the suits he wears most people must assume he'd have some very fine sheets.  

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

September 24, 2013 9:11 pm  #170

You are probably right. It is just funny that it is mentioned so often. Just like the expensive shampoo. 

September 24, 2013 10:18 pm  #171

Can anyone help me with a rather troublesome problem?
There is life outside of Sherlock fanfic.  I know, I used to live there. Now, I'll deprive myself of an hour or more of sleep when I've only got 6 hours at most to sleep between double shifts. Food is an energy bar, or well, I can eat later.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beware of dragons for you are crunchy and go well with ketchup

Dr. Horribles sing along blog
You people all have to learn
This world is going to burn
Burn
(yeah, it’s two r’s. H, O, R, R, yeah right.)
Burn

September 24, 2013 11:32 pm  #172

SusiGo wrote:

You are probably right. It is just funny that it is mentioned so often. Just like the expensive shampoo. 

I think it's a bit like Chinese whispers. I imagine it started as suggested based on the quality of his clothing and it was just assumed he would have high quality anything-which-touches-his-skin. I suspect now it's become 'fanfic canon' such as some of those other things mentioned earlier (like living on toast, take away and tea).

The other thing that has become fanfic canon is that John has a military grade first aid kit and Sherlock refuses medical treatment by anyone other than him; this completely disregards that Doctors treating family/friends is, if not illegal, certainly very frowned upon!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

September 25, 2013 12:06 am  #173

butterfly grl wrote:

There is life outside of Sherlock fanfic.  I know, I used to live there. Now, I'll deprive myself of an hour or more of sleep when I've only got 6 hours at most to sleep between double shifts. Food is an energy bar, or well, I can eat later.

What is this "outside" you speak of?  It sounds cold and lonely.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

September 25, 2013 2:54 am  #174

Lol.

My cat looks at me funny as if to say "quit reading and feed me".
He also tells me to put away my phone so he can sleep on me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beware of dragons for you are crunchy and go well with ketchup

Dr. Horribles sing along blog
You people all have to learn
This world is going to burn
Burn
(yeah, it’s two r’s. H, O, R, R, yeah right.)
Burn

September 25, 2013 9:02 am  #175

tonnaree wrote:

butterfly grl wrote:

What is this "outside" you speak of?  It sounds cold and lonely.

I think I used to know this thing, too. Can hardly remember it now...

My (ongoing) list of "Things I've learned from Sherlock fanfiction":

Mycroft can do anything. No wait, actually he is the Master of the Universe. He also lives in an expensive, large town house, preferably with staff who are at his beck and call.

At some point, someone will "release a breath they hadn't realized they were holding"

Sherlock can truly deduce anything from anyone (unless the storyline requires otherwise).

Likewise, John never shoots and misses.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I asked you for one more miracle. I asked you to stop being dead." 

"I heard you."

(The Empty Hearse)

September 25, 2013 10:07 am  #176

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

September 25, 2013 11:04 am  #177

Thanks, Wholocked, following you now. You could add a Johnlock list with all our finds about scar appreciation, etc.

September 25, 2013 11:37 am  #178

Haha yes I should! I have noticed many commonalities but never thought to keep a lit. Perhaps I should. Call it "Things to avoid when writing Johnlock" lol

September 25, 2013 3:07 pm  #179

Wholocked wrote:

Haha yes I should! I have noticed many commonalities but never thought to keep a lit. Perhaps I should. Call it "Things to avoid when writing Johnlock" lol

I'm now following you, too. And yes, please write that "What to avoid"-list. I would love to write a fanfic avoiding each and everything on that list!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

September 25, 2013 3:26 pm  #180

And I would love to read it. Not that these clichés are so bad but it would be nice to have something totally different. 

Board footera