BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 19, 2013 1:49 am  #141

Re: Fan Fiction Addicts General Round Table Discusion - ADULT CONTENT

Will spend rest of night dreaming of hot, steamy and damp Johnlock.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

September 19, 2013 3:48 am  #142

KeepersPrice wrote:

There's something about their chemistry and that attractive opposition that catches me up like no other 'buddy movie' I've ever seen

Same with me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

September 19, 2013 8:17 am  #143

KeepersPrice wrote:

Oh, and I forgot to mention - long live Johnlock fan fiction, too!  Taking our imaginations where the show will never go.

Yeah, and to be honest, that's quite ok for me. I love the moments, in which their deep friendship becomes evident (and I'm hoping for lots of those moments in series 3), but I don't want to see real Johnlock in the show.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

September 19, 2013 9:20 am  #144

KeepersPrice wrote:

My Johnlock thoughts and feels are for the BBC pairing only. There's something about their chemistry and that attractive opposition that catches me up like no other 'buddy movie' I've ever seen and makes me start to imagine things about them I never thought I would. (Robert Downey, Jr. and Jude Law came close - but not like these two). It doesn't hurt that the scripts intentionally tease the notion either. Take 'platonic' with a healthy dash of 'bromance', a few well timed teasing jokes, a couple of "Are you all right!"s, a few genuine warm smiles, one world class dominatrix stating, "Somebody loves you" and "Yes you are.", one quiet little lab assistant noticing, "You look sad", and one gut-wrenching collapse into grief at a certain finale and I am now a complete Johnlock goner. Forever and ever, amen.

You've summed this up just perfectly, KP, couldn't have said it any better. Those teensy moments in which the show gives us ideas... perfect. Just like you I've never experienced this with any other 'buddy constellation' before, either.

Last edited by SolarSystem (September 19, 2013 9:21 am)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

September 19, 2013 10:56 pm  #145

KeepersPrice wrote:

My Johnlock thoughts and feels are for the BBC pairing only. There's something about their chemistry and that attractive opposition that catches me up like no other 'buddy movie' I've ever seen and makes me start to imagine things about them I never thought I would. (Robert Downey, Jr. and Jude Law came close - but not like these two). It doesn't hurt that the scripts intentionally tease the notion either. Take 'platonic' with a healthy dash of 'bromance', a few well timed teasing jokes, a couple of "Are you all right!"s, a few genuine warm smiles, one world class dominatrix stating, "Somebody loves you" and "Yes you are.", one quiet little lab assistant noticing, "You look sad", and one gut-wrenching collapse into grief at a certain finale and I am now a complete Johnlock goner. Forever and ever, amen.

Here! Here! Raises up glass in toast with your preferred favorite liquid.  I second, third, fourth, and fifth that!

*******************************************************************************************************************
I haven't disappeared completely, I've just been busy writing

September 20, 2013 2:03 am  #146

So, what are your feelings pro or con on the Mycroft/Lestrade pairing?

Personally, I can't make it work no matter how hard I try.

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

September 20, 2013 2:42 am  #147

I don't mind Mystrade; I think it does definitely work, but I don't tend to read fics where it's the focus. I prefer fics with Sherlock and John being the main character focus (even if it's not Johnlock). But I have read some pretty decent Mystrade fics too.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

September 20, 2013 6:25 am  #148

I don't really mind it but for me there is not enough evidence in the show to make it work. If I remember correctly they do not meet at all, do they? But there is an AU fic "Saving Sherlock Holmes" where Sherlock and John are boys at Eton and Lestrade is teacher who starts a relationship with Mycroft which is quite convicing. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 20, 2013 6:34 am  #149

Yeah most of them start with the premise that Mycroft and Lestrade during the 5 years Lestrade and Sherlock knew each other before John came on the scene. Often with added drug addiction 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

September 20, 2013 7:07 am  #150

No, in the show they never meet. There is only this vague suggestion in HoB that they might know each other.
That's why I always wondered, where this Mystrade idea comes from.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

September 20, 2013 7:53 am  #151

SusiGo wrote:

I just read one where Sherlock was terribly impatient to get the test done. Wonder why. 

P.S. Believe it or not, this one had some things I had never encountered before in a fanfic. 

I am reading this right now and I like it very much. And like Susi said, there are indeed some things I haven't encountered before.... there's lots of sex, but it's... different. Sometimes it's not really, uhm, satisfactory, but most of the time it's really interesting and lots of fun.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

September 20, 2013 2:22 pm  #152

SolarSystem wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

I just read one where Sherlock was terribly impatient to get the test done. Wonder why. 

P.S. Believe it or not, this one had some things I had never encountered before in a fanfic. 

I am reading this right now and I like it very much. And like Susi said, there are indeed some things I haven't encountered before.... there's lots of sex, but it's... different. Sometimes it's not really, uhm, satisfactory, but most of the time it's really interesting and lots of fun.

I've read a story (long ago, can't remember which one, sadly) in which Sherlock gives a rather long deduction on why getting a test was unnecessary. It included John's lack of success with women since the last time he had been tested for medical reasons and Sherlock's general non-existing sex life before John, and a couple more reasons. It made perfectly sense. Too bad I can't remember the fic.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

September 22, 2013 11:20 am  #153

I really dislike use of the nickname "Sherly."

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

September 22, 2013 11:37 am  #154

Oh dear.  You really don't want to start me on the subject of nicknames!
But yeah, I hate this too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 23, 2013 1:04 pm  #155

tonnaree wrote:

I really dislike use of the nickname "Sherly."

I agree. Everytime I hear it all I can think of is the movie Airplane.

*******************************************************************************************************************
I haven't disappeared completely, I've just been busy writing

September 23, 2013 1:34 pm  #156

I found it quite funny in the Guy Ritchie films when Mycroft called his brother Sherly but it would not work on "Sherlock". 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 23, 2013 3:10 pm  #157

I've seen the nickname "Lock" used a few times also.  NOPE.

Sherlock is Sherlock.  

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

September 23, 2013 4:41 pm  #158

I've even seen "Lockie" somewhere

As well as "Mye" for Mycroft a couple of times... don't like it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I asked you for one more miracle. I asked you to stop being dead." 

"I heard you."

(The Empty Hearse)

September 23, 2013 5:05 pm  #159

They are both awful and not fitting at all. 

September 23, 2013 7:02 pm  #160

"Lockie"?    Oh dear sweet heavens no!

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

Board footera