BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 17, 2013 2:37 pm  #101

Re: Fan Fiction Addicts General Round Table Discusion - ADULT CONTENT

And Sherlock has been waiting for the opportunity to examine John's scar for a long, long time.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

September 17, 2013 2:52 pm  #102

The scar is always enormously big and looks like a spider web.

Is that really how a bullet wound is supposed to look line, BTW?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

September 17, 2013 2:59 pm  #103

Do we have any experts around here? Not my division. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 17, 2013 3:07 pm  #104

Oh stupid me. The pathology book arrived the other day. I can take a look myself!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

September 17, 2013 3:16 pm  #105

...still not sure.

Anyway, let's talk about the fact that in Johnlock stories, they are consuming loads of toasts and tea. Or take away, but nothing else. How exactly to they stay healthy?

September 17, 2013 4:09 pm  #106

They get a lot of exercise chasing bad guys!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

September 17, 2013 4:19 pm  #107

Well, the question also is how Sherlock especially stays healthy, since he seems to eat very little at times...

Oh, and concernig the scar: According to Wikipedia it seems to be dependent on the type of bullet, on whether or not it shatters a bone, on the angle in which the bullet enters the body and what part of the body it enters... there seem to be lots of factors, and I suppose the wound can turn out to be pretty nasty. Especially if you get shot by a bullet from a weapon that you would use in a war...

Last edited by SolarSystem (September 17, 2013 4:24 pm)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

September 17, 2013 4:23 pm  #108

And all the other kind of exercises ...
Oops, ended up with THAT topic again. I wonder why?!

September 17, 2013 4:25 pm  #109

Because you read too much of this stuff? 

But really, I wonder how he can exist without eating. And he does not really look anorexic, does he? Maybe John feeds him in his sleep. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 17, 2013 4:25 pm  #110

Really, Schmiezi, you wonder why...? I don't...

September 17, 2013 4:41 pm  #111

Oh, listeing to the Baker Street Babes' podcast, I've got a serious new topic for out round table:

If you are a fan of the Granada series, how can you be into Johnlock? Somehow that does not work for me at all. And that is a massive understatement. I'm just trying to find a polite way of saying YUCK NO WAY!

September 17, 2013 5:00 pm  #112

Not familiar with the Granada series.  Brief description anyone?

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

September 17, 2013 5:03 pm  #113

Jeremy Brett!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 17, 2013 5:10 pm  #114

September 17, 2013 5:11 pm  #115

Just so.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 17, 2013 5:22 pm  #116

Schmiezi wrote:

So hard to decide between the both pairings of them...
You're cruel, Schmiezi!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

September 17, 2013 5:24 pm  #117

Schmiezi wrote:

This is not funny, Schmiezi. The Final Problem was amusing, but I cannot see any Johnlock here. 

Last edited by SusiGo (September 17, 2013 5:26 pm)

September 17, 2013 5:28 pm  #118

In my head johnlock is the modern BBC pairings.  Nothing really distracts me from that.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

September 17, 2013 5:29 pm  #119

Sorry. I just honestly wondered.

September 17, 2013 5:31 pm  #120

I think the Johnlock ideas came originally from reading canon and not from the Granada series. Remember "The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes"? The film was made in 1970, long before Jeremy Brett became Holmes. 

Board footera