BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 15, 2015 10:44 pm  #921

Re: Fan Fiction Addicts General Round Table Discusion - ADULT CONTENT

YESS! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 17, 2015 5:20 pm  #922

Wordstrings has given two updates in a short amount of time on her "All the Best and Brightest Creatures" - Christmas has indeed come early! 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

December 17, 2015 6:18 pm  #923

Vhanja wrote:

Wordstrings has given two updates in a short amount of time on her "All the Best and Brightest Creatures" - Christmas has indeed come early! 

I started reading this for the first time yesterday and I am in heaven.  Can't stop. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 5, 2016 8:19 pm  #924

I need some advice!

Which story would you rather read?

'Siren Call' 
'Siren Call of Old Habits'

Thank you in advance... it's driving me nuts! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 5, 2016 8:58 pm  #925

The second one. 

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

January 5, 2016 9:56 pm  #926

Thank you! I went with that! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 16, 2016 10:59 am  #927

MadLori has posted a "Performance in a Leading Role" ficlet in memory of Alan Rickman. I feel a little weird about it, but others seem to find it comforting.
http://johnlockfanfiction.tumblr.com/post/137400590073/in-memoriam

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 17, 2016 10:43 am  #928

I like it, especially the last two sentences. Very true.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

January 17, 2016 4:54 pm  #929

Always happy to get something new from MadLori, no matter what it is.

Have I mentioned how much I'm enjoying all the Victorian Johnlock fics on AO3?   *swoon*

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

January 17, 2016 5:03 pm  #930

I loved Victorian Johnlock even before TAB. I am sure I have recommended Katie Forsythe often enough to make you roll your eyes. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 17, 2016 5:14 pm  #931

And great she is, indeed! 

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 23, 2016 8:38 pm  #932

I have a bit of a strange question... 

I am working on my Adler fic... The main character is somewhat based on me and some stuff from my past etc... It's a bit of a therapeutic thing for me. 

(Btw, if you are reading 'Whipped' you should stop reading this question as this is a bit of a spoiler. Sorry)

Long story short... in the chapter I am working on the young woman has to take a major step out of her comfort zone and assist Miss Adler with a client... I have recently been contacted by my abusive 'ex'... (a jerk who inspired some of the story itself) and well... let's just say I imagined him as that client taking a beating... gosh that was therapeutic!! But... I want to mention his name. Just his first name, which is a very common name, just to get the last of my frustration out... 

is that going too far? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

February 25, 2016 2:18 am  #933

For a moment I thought they had made a movie of my favorite fanfic!!!    

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

April 3, 2016 10:45 am  #934

Ugh, the pain of reading an amazing, brilliant fic that has been abandoned before it was finished... 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 3, 2016 11:02 am  #935

Tonnaree: Would have been amazing, I love "Be Here Now", too. 

Ukaunz, only yesterday I went through my subscriptions on AO3 and deleted those that have not been updated since 2014 or early 2015. The only WIP I read because I cannot wait for the end it "All the best and brightest creatures". With all others I wait until the are finished to avoid disappointment. It is really sad when good fics get abandoned. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 3, 2016 12:34 pm  #936

I always feel a bit guilty when reading comments lile this. My own fic "Not broken just bent" is waiting to be concluded for nearly nine month now. :-(

There is only one chapter left to write. It needs to be quite fluffy. My own life has been very unfluffy for a while and I have failed to bring myself into the state of mind to write fluff.

So if someone out there cares: sorry. I have just started dealing with the fic again. Hopefully, the final chapter will come soon...ish.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

April 3, 2016 1:27 pm  #937

Aww, I did it again. Didn't mean to make anyone feel guilty 

April 3, 2016 1:57 pm  #938

@ukaunz, I'm sure you didn't. We all know the feeling of being sad about a good fic not being updated. But this is actually better than being indifferent, isn't it? Because you care for that piece of work.
(Love your new avatar btw)

@Schmiezi, sorry to hear you had some rough times. You will definitely have some happy readers as soon as this wonderful fic will be finished.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

April 3, 2016 2:41 pm  #939

@schmiezi: You are on my waiting list, too, but I will wait patiently. You know, "True love can wait" 

April 5, 2016 11:39 am  #940

Schmiezi I'm sorry to hear that you've had unfluffy times, and I really understand how it can affect any kind of writing you have.
As Harriet said, Not Broken Just Bent is on my waiting list, and I will be here when you update it. Till then, I wish you all the best in your life that sounds a tad ... not suitable for writing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

Board footera