BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 7, 2014 9:33 pm  #361

Re: Fan Fiction Addicts General Round Table Discusion - ADULT CONTENT

Wholocked wrote:

I'm still predicting hairless body kink fics based on his "i prefer my doctors clean shaven"

Not to mention the comment about how John's 'stache has to go, 'cause Sherlock can't be seen around town with an old man. ???  lololol

February 7, 2014 9:36 pm  #362

tonnaree wrote:

The giddy feeling you get when that WIP you got emotionally invested in FINALLY gets updated after 3 long months.

I hate WIPs. Sigh. And I still have two that I'm currently following, in spite of my best efforts to stay away from them. I've been stuck with too many orphaned fan fic WIPs in the last 10 years, so I really do try to avoid them. It's like, call me when the thing's complete.

February 8, 2014 5:35 am  #363

ancientsgate wrote:

tonnaree wrote:

The giddy feeling you get when that WIP you got emotionally invested in FINALLY gets updated after 3 long months.

I hate WIPs. Sigh. And I still have two that I'm currently following, in spite of my best efforts to stay away from them. I've been stuck with too many orphaned fan fic WIPs in the last 10 years, so I really do try to avoid them. It's like, call me when the thing's complete.

Me too!  I usually avoid them like the plauge!   But then this one shows up that's a sequel to a fic that I liked a lot and before you know it I'm hooked.  Bugger all!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

February 8, 2014 7:56 am  #364

I don't usually read WIP's unless they've just been updated recently. I might bookmark it or follow it but I wont read it usually until it's done. 

Of course I'm guilty of having a lot of WIPS though  in my defence I usually finish them eventually. I've only abandoned two I think, of my ten stories.

February 10, 2014 9:27 pm  #365

tonnaree wrote:

Let's play a new game!

Series 3 Fanfic trend predictions!

For example.  I predict hundreds of johnlock fics where Stag Night ends with confessions of love and semi-drunken sex.  In the morning John realizes he must break it off with Mary.

And, there will at least a few where Sherlock does hook up with the Maid of Honor, handcufs will be involved.

Next?

I know I'll actually be writing Greglock-- just for the heck of it, and because I think (in the context of fanfic) it's plausible. 

February 10, 2014 10:24 pm  #366

RavenMorganLeigh wrote:

I know I'll actually be writing Greglock-- just for the heck of it, and because I think (in the context of fanfic) it's plausible. 

Go for it. Especially since John was, is and probably will forever be romantically unavailable to Sherlock. I find the idea of Greglock a fascinating one. Yum.

February 10, 2014 11:10 pm  #367

ancientsgate wrote:

RavenMorganLeigh wrote:

Go for it. Especially since John was, is and probably will forever be romantically unavailable to Sherlock. I find the idea of Greglock a fascinating one. Yum.

Wheeee! I mean, ah-- I'll get right on that! (salutes)

February 11, 2014 2:25 am  #368

RavenMorganLeigh wrote:

.....Wheeee! I mean, ah-- I'll get right on that! (salutes)

See that you do. *grin*  I'm an easy one, though-- any fic involving an attractive, interesting pair of guys will do it for me, if the author can make me buy it.

February 11, 2014 3:35 am  #369

ancientsgate wrote:

RavenMorganLeigh wrote:

.....Wheeee! I mean, ah-- I'll get right on that! (salutes)

See that you do. *grin*  I'm an easy one, though-- any fic involving an attractive, interesting pair of guys will do it for me, if the author can make me buy it.

I'll do my best, Ma'am! :-D

February 14, 2014 4:38 am  #370

Today I ran into a fic that shipped Mycroft and Sally Donovan.    

Nope.  Can't wrap my brain around that one,.

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

February 25, 2014 9:35 pm  #371

So, on a scale of 1 to 10, how weird is it that I was going to the kitchen at work to wash my mug before going home, my mind clearly immersed in the angsty John & Sherlock fic I'm currently working on, and then I actually started tearing up when a snippet of dialogue wrote itself in my head?

February 25, 2014 9:42 pm  #372

About 5 I reckon! Your imagination is strong! But I wouldn't say it was massively weird!!

Question - what does WIP mean?

I'm clueing for looks

February 25, 2014 10:00 pm  #373

clareiow wrote:

About 5 I reckon! Your imagination is strong! But I wouldn't say it was massively weird!!

Question - what does WIP mean?

It stands for Work In Progress and they can break your heart!  They are sometimes abandoned.  They can also make you a bit crazy when they don't get updated in months and months and months!  I try to avoid them although I am currently hooked on 2.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

February 25, 2014 10:08 pm  #374

You should check if they are regularly updated. Some writers update several times a week. You can follow them if you prefer to read the complete fic. I am hooked on some, too, but only the really brilliant ones. And I hope they will get finished. 
One author where you can risk a WIP is earlygreytea68. "Nature and Nurture" is amazing. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 25, 2014 10:42 pm  #375

SusiGo wrote:

You should check if they are regularly updated. Some writers update several times a week. You can follow them if you prefer to read the complete fic. I am hooked on some, too, but only the really brilliant ones. And I hope they will get finished. 
One author where you can risk a WIP is earlygreytea68. "Nature and Nurture" is amazing. 

Been hearing a lot about that on Susi.  Will have to give it a go!

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

February 25, 2014 10:58 pm  #376

clareiow wrote:

LOL! Nah, I'm just an angst queen who's deeply wrapped up in her own head-canon. I've only cried twice while writing something, so this was a little bit special. I eventually wrote out the scene tonight, and while I didn't quite get teary, it still gutted me a little. SHERLOCKNEEDSAHUG!

February 25, 2014 11:30 pm  #377

TeeJay wrote:

clareiow wrote:

LOL! Nah, I'm just an angst queen who's deeply wrapped up in her own head-canon. I've only cried twice while writing something, so this was a little bit special. I eventually wrote out the scene tonight, and while I didn't quite get teary, it still gutted me a little. SHERLOCKNEEDSAHUG!

Yes, he does. Poor, poor Sherlock. :-(

February 26, 2014 1:09 am  #378

TeeJay wrote:

So, on a scale of 1 to 10, how weird is it that I was going to the kitchen at work to wash my mug before going home, my mind clearly immersed in the angsty John & Sherlock fic I'm currently working on, and then I actually started tearing up when a snippet of dialogue wrote itself in my head?

I haven't written anything in this fandom, but I did about 30 short stories in my last fandom, and I always found that the ones that moved me to tears while I was writing them were always the best ones and the ones that moved my readers the most. It's almost as though you have to feel all those emotions yourself in order to get them down in words, and often that means crying over your keyboard. Nothing wrong with that, IMO.

February 26, 2014 6:53 am  #379

Thanks for the explanation!

So where will I find this Nature and nurture one, and Teejay where will I find yours?

I'm in need of a Sherlock hit!

I'm clueing for looks

February 26, 2014 7:00 am  #380

Mine is still being written, and it will take a little while before I can post it. I like to get my longer stories betaed, and this one is now almost 4,000 words, and growing. I'll post a link when it's ready.

Board footera