BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 12, 2013 12:54 pm  #1

Forum banner

Hey together.
The forum banner isn't showing up for me. Is it just me or does somebody else have this problem? 

Greetings,
Mary

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

August 12, 2013 1:01 pm  #2

Re: Forum banner

This started for me the day before yesterday, also for SilverMoonDragonB. We've already contacted the admin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

August 12, 2013 1:06 pm  #3

Me neither, but I haven't noticed until now.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

August 12, 2013 1:14 pm  #4

Interesting, I saw it this morning but now: gone.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 12, 2013 1:33 pm  #5

I did a bit of digging. You know the icon that appears when a picture can't be loaded? I was able to right click on it and the photo is hosted by imageshack. But when I tried to open it, the site just wouldn't work. So I went onto the site myself from my bookmarks and it works fine. So I'm thinking it's a forum problem, not the hosting of the image.

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

August 12, 2013 4:29 pm  #6

Yeah, it's not showing up for me, either. I thought that it was just an issue on my end, but apparently not.

"Partita No. 1. Thank you, Johann Sebastian Bach."

August 12, 2013 4:50 pm  #7

Something going on with the server?

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

August 12, 2013 4:55 pm  #8

No idea. When it first started for me a couple of days ago, it used to be that closing the tab and re-opening it to the forum made the banner come back. But that doesn't work anymore...

August 12, 2013 5:51 pm  #9

Maybe it has to do with the browser you're using? It works fine for me. (I'm using Chrome.)

--------------------------------

"Yes, of course I forgive you."

August 12, 2013 5:53 pm  #10

I'm using Chrome and it's not working for me.

August 12, 2013 8:29 pm  #11

I'm also using Chrome, doesn't work either...

We have to eliminate more impossible, because what remains, however improbable,  must be the truth.
;)

August 12, 2013 8:31 pm  #12

FluteLocked wrote:

I'm also using Chrome, doesn't work either...

We have to eliminate more impossible, because what remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
;)

Oh, very good

August 12, 2013 8:41 pm  #13

I'm using chrome, too and the banner is back now.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

August 12, 2013 9:41 pm  #14

I'm on Chrome and it doesn't work for me.

He does love to be dramatic.
Well, thank god you're above all that!

August 12, 2013 10:25 pm  #15

I'm using Iron, which is similiar to Chrome. Oh well, come back banner, I miss you xxx

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

August 12, 2013 10:43 pm  #16

It could be a server issue or an issue with the code.  It will be worked out eventually

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

August 13, 2013 5:08 pm  #17

This could be a good opportunity to remake the banner...

"Partita No. 1. Thank you, Johann Sebastian Bach."

August 13, 2013 5:19 pm  #18

That's a good point! I don't know how long that banner has been up there for, but maybe we could have a new one now? Something different!

August 13, 2013 7:08 pm  #19

Me too have this problem for almost 4 days. I didn't pay attention since I thought it might be because of poor network connection.

I second theidea of a new banner!!

August 13, 2013 9:00 pm  #20

kittykat wrote:

That's a good point! I don't know how long that banner has been up there for, but maybe we could have a new one now? Something different!

I agree! 

-------------------------------------------------------

Board footera