BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 10, 2013 1:52 pm  #1

Greetings, y'all :)

Greetings from the southern US! Relatively new Sherlockian here. I started the series about a month ago and got hooked after the second season. Then I realized what a great fanbase there is and decided to jump in. 

I'm eagerly awaiting the third season, but until then I guess reading the books and other fan fiction will have to suffice.

I've also started watching Doctor Who, because the two seem to go hand in hand. And I gather I need to watch Supernatural as well?? 

-----------------------------------------------------------
Do not stand at my grave and weep 
I am not there. I do not sleep.

-Mary Elizabeth Frye

August 10, 2013 2:05 pm  #2

Re: Greetings, y'all :)

Welcome to the fandom!

You've got to start Cabin Pressure as well! It's wonderful! ♥

--------------------------------

"Yes, of course I forgive you."

August 10, 2013 2:47 pm  #3

Hello! I'm new here, too. If you're looking for other shows like Sherlock and Doctor Who, Merlin's another good one. In my opinion, at least.

-------------------------
"I'm Microsoft Holmes. I'm a software. I'm from the planet 221B in the constellation of Baker Street. I am over 40 years old, and I am the man who's going to save your computer and all six billion Sherlock Fans on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

August 10, 2013 3:04 pm  #4

Hi!
Welcome on the board.
Doctor Who is also very good,it's true.  
Enjoy Your time here.
Cheers from Poland.

Science has not yet taught us if madness is or is not the sublimity of the intelligence.

August 10, 2013 6:22 pm  #5

Hi, warm welcome! Take your seat and enjoy! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

August 10, 2013 6:50 pm  #6

A short but warm welcome from my holiday. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 10, 2013 7:37 pm  #7

Welcome, Leanian. Enjoy your stay!
P.S. The preferred term is 'series' not 'season'. 
Yes, watch Supernatural too. I've only just started watching it, but I like it so far.

Last edited by DitzyDamnDaffy (August 10, 2013 7:38 pm)

"Partita No. 1. Thank you, Johann Sebastian Bach."

August 11, 2013 2:09 am  #8

Well hello there fellow southerner!  Georgia Girl here.  What parts do you hail from?

....and Welcom!  I think you'll like it here a lot.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

August 11, 2013 4:05 am  #9

Hello  TN girl here, welcome and have some sweet tea (if you like it, lol).

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

August 11, 2013 1:01 pm  #10

Welcome Leanian!

As a huge Supernatural fan, I can only encourage you to watch this show, though it doesn't have much to do with Sherlock. It's got just the right dose of suspense, action and humour.

Just like old times...

August 11, 2013 7:18 pm  #11

sherlockleanian wrote:

Fellow southerners! tonnare and sj4iy! I'm living in New Orleans, but originally from northen MS. Will y'all be going to 221B Con in April by any chance?

I wish I could go, but I don't think my kids' schedules with allow it :/  I live in PA with my husband now, but we go back to TN often because all of our family are there...but the kids don't get out of school until May (argh).

However, one of our best friends up here is originally from New Orleans, and he went to school with us and got a job up here XD

It's always nice to meet a fellow southerner, though

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

August 13, 2013 10:17 am  #12

Well hello there fellow southerner!  Georgia Girl here.  What parts do you hail from????

GuL

August 14, 2013 11:04 pm  #13

Yeah Southerns! I am from Tennessee. I am also a newcomer to the BBC world, and a new fan of Dr who and Sherlock. Where in Tennesse are people?

August 18, 2013 9:43 am  #14

Hello and welcome to the forum from another 'southerner' (UK not USA though).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 19, 2013 12:16 am  #15

Welcome to the forum and welcome to the fandom. There's no going back now. MWAHAHAHAHAHA

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

Board footera