BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 21, 2012 11:22 pm  #1

Alrighty then...

Hey, saw the post on IMDb and decided to stop by and register. I come from Georgia in the U.S., and I'm a college student majoring in Film.

It should be good to have a place to discuss Sherlock until it starts back up again.

March 21, 2012 11:35 pm  #2

Re: Alrighty then...

Hi Harry

Welcome to the boards.

I'll have to go looking for the IMDB post now...I'm curious!

Dive on in - there are heaps of good threads on here and we need new ideas

(SH - we need the strikethrough bbcode tags!!!!)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

March 21, 2012 11:38 pm  #3

Hi there Harry Lime, welcome to the forum! :D I'm actually new around here myself. ;) I guess a good number of people have seen the IMDB post -- that's how I found the board too!

I have some extended family in Georgia, it's a pretty cool state. I love the mountains there! :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DON'T PANIC

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." - A.C. Doyle

March 21, 2012 11:54 pm  #4

Welcome to the forum Harry Lime! :D

What an interesting course of study you're taking!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Moriarty: "How hard do you find it? Having to say 'I don't know' ?"
Sherlock: "I don't know."
Moriarty: "Oh that's clever, that's very clever, awfully clever."

March 22, 2012 12:52 am  #5

Welcome Harry - nice of you to join us! Hope you have fun here...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

March 22, 2012 4:28 am  #6

Hiya Harry.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

March 22, 2012 5:33 am  #7

Hello Harry

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

© unreasonablyme

I don't need a superheroes... I need hero just like Holmes. :3

March 22, 2012 7:08 am  #8

Welcome to the forum Harry! So tell me, who's the 3rd man?

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 22, 2012 8:05 am  #9

Welcome, Harry. I love your nickname, what a wonderful films is The third man 

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

March 22, 2012 2:36 pm  #10

Yeah, The Third Man is a great mystery film. Any Sherlock fan who hasn't seen it yet should definitely check it out.

March 22, 2012 2:49 pm  #11

Definitely! Orson Wells was a great actor and the music is so evocative. Great story by Graham Greene too!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 22, 2012 4:09 pm  #12

Hello Harry and welcome to the forums!

I also like your choice of username

-m0r

And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

March 26, 2012 4:38 pm  #13

Hello Harry, welcome---loved that film and started hearing the theme tune as soon as I saw your name 

March 26, 2012 5:36 pm  #14

Hi Harry, believe it or not: I've been thinking of you this afternoon - though I don't know you! On my way home from work I was passing a guy in the pedestrian zone who was playing the Third Man theme quite brilliantly on his guitar. Hi from Germany!

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

March 26, 2012 8:14 pm  #15

tobeornot221b wrote:

Hi Harry, believe it or not: I've been thinking of you this afternoon - though I don't know you! On my way home from work I was passing a guy in the pedestrian zone who was playing the Third Man theme quite brilliantly on his guitar. Hi from Germany!

Haha. Awesome.

March 29, 2012 4:19 am  #16

Hey Harry, ever check out the TV series with Michael Rennie as, ahem,Harry ???

Board footera