BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 6, 2013 7:57 am  #1

The Penguins of Madagascar

Benedict will voice a CIA agent in the animated film "The Penguins of Madagascar", together with John Malkovich. 

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Benedict-Cumberbatch-John-Malkovich-Joins-Penguins-Madagascar-38858.html

Last edited by SusiGo (August 6, 2013 7:58 am)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 6, 2013 8:17 am  #2

Re: The Penguins of Madagascar

Lol, and I thought that just once I heard news before you! You are unbeatable

August 6, 2013 8:37 am  #3

It just jumped at me on tumblr. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 6, 2013 11:01 am  #4

To me at first only this part appeared:
" Benedict Cumberbatch and John... " and it hit me: Wow, they will do another thing together!
A second later I realised: No, Mattlocked, his name is Martin, not John. MARTIN!   
(I know wonder if this belongs to the obsessed-thread...)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

August 6, 2013 11:04 am  #5

To say it with Leonard Cohen: There ain't no cure, ain't no cure, ain't no cure for love. 

June 11, 2014 3:31 pm  #6

So here is the official trailer. Benedict's voice work is wonderful:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBCJXKJi0BA

June 11, 2014 4:08 pm  #7

*Squeals like a crazy fan girl*

AAARGH 

*Tries to remain calm*

How can a dog be that sexy?? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

June 11, 2014 4:10 pm  #8

It is a wolf. 

June 11, 2014 4:14 pm  #9

It's sexy nonetheless! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

June 11, 2014 4:49 pm  #10

I love Skipper but... JUST LET HIM TALK! 
It's weird to hear their original voices, it looks I'm going to watch the dubbed version at the cinema and find the original one on the Internet. Give us a date!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

June 11, 2014 5:41 pm  #11

Well I have that growl on a loop now.....

I'm clueing for looks

June 11, 2014 6:00 pm  #12

Looks fabulous! How to think of an excuse for wanting to go see it ?!!
If only I could borrow a five year old from someone!

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

June 11, 2014 6:02 pm  #13

Adults are allowed to go!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 11, 2014 6:04 pm  #14

I'll have to go alone then - I don't think I'm going to be able to convince the boyfriend to come with me!

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

June 11, 2014 6:08 pm  #15

I always thought all men loved cartoons.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 11, 2014 6:10 pm  #16

Marta wrote:

It's weird to hear their original voices, it looks I'm going to watch the dubbed version at the cinema and find the original one on the Internet. Give us a date!

I will probably see this twice - one with original voices (because of Benedict) and second time with our dubbing - Skipper in polish is just brilliant ( "Kowalski raport taktyczny" xD )

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

June 11, 2014 6:32 pm  #17

SusiGo wrote:

So here is the official trailer. Benedict's voice work is wonderful:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBCJXKJi0BA

I have loved thses silly penguins since the first Madagascar.
Now not only do they have their own movie but BC does a voice!
Mere words cannot express my happiness.   *squee*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 11, 2014 8:17 pm  #18

I bet that wolf is called Martin Crieff, right?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

June 11, 2014 8:20 pm  #19

MartaSt wrote:

Marta wrote:

I will probably see this twice - one with original voices (because of Benedict) and second time with our dubbing - Skipper in polish is just brilliant ( "Kowalski raport taktyczny" xD )

Yes, he is! I love this man's voice, it's so deep. I hope the dialogues will be translated by the same person who did it for the show, they were brilliant. And I hope King Julien appears!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

June 11, 2014 8:30 pm  #20

Marta wrote:

Yes, he is! I love this man's voice, it's so deep. I hope the dialogues will be translated by the same person who did it for the show, they were brilliant. And I hope King Julien appears!

Ooo I really hope so. King Julien is priceless and his dubbing is one of the best ever

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

Board footera