BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 6, 2013 6:46 pm  #81

Re: Official Sherlock Series 3 Trailer

Ivy wrote:

Someone edited Sherlocks phonecall on the roof into the trailer, it's heartbreaking 

This vid is beautiful.

He does love to be dramatic.
Well, thank god you're above all that!

August 6, 2013 6:57 pm  #82

Wonderful. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 6, 2013 7:59 pm  #83

Heartbreaking indeed, and quite perfect.

God, there are so many talented and creative fans out there, it's just a joy!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 6, 2013 10:32 pm  #84

The "I'm sorry" and "Forgive me" parts of that video's audio track are from ASiB. There's a couple of other terms from different shows to.

Very nice video.

-m0r

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

August 6, 2013 10:46 pm  #85

WOAH. Excellent stuff. Heartbreaking. Keep em coming.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

August 6, 2013 11:47 pm  #86

SolarSystem wrote:

Heartbreaking indeed, and quite perfect.

God, there are so many talented and creative fans out there, it's just a joy!

Very true!

-------------------------------------------------------

August 6, 2013 11:49 pm  #87

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Heartbreaking indeed  ...I swear, no other fandom I am a part of makes me cry like this one does 

August 7, 2013 12:31 am  #88

I know what's gonna make me cry; 

Sorry, deleted for spoilers. 

Last edited by SusiGo (August 8, 2013 1:23 pm)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

August 7, 2013 5:41 am  #89

Oh wow, that was amazing!

Sorry, deleted because of spoilers. 

Last edited by SusiGo (August 8, 2013 1:23 pm)

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

August 7, 2013 5:49 am  #90

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Heartbreaking indeed  ...I swear, no other fandom I am a part of makes me cry like this one does 

Oh God Yes! And at the same time there is so much fun and really hilarious stuff going on, it's just a great mixture of sadness und craziness.

As for the reunion: I really want them to make me cry, I want emotions big time! But to tell the truth (and please don't shout abuse at me for that): I'm not sure I want Mary to be involved in this too much. I want this to be a thing just between John and Sherlock. Mary may come in later, she may even try to convince John to forgive Sherlock at one point, but... I mostly want lots of pure Sherlock-and-John-moments. Don't need Mary for that.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

August 7, 2013 5:55 am  #91

SolarSystem wrote:

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Oh God Yes! And at the same time there is so much fun and really hilarious stuff going on, it's just a great mixture of sadness und craziness.

As for the reunion: I really want them to make me cry, I want emotions big time! But to tell the truth (and please don't shout abuse at me for that): I'm not sure I want Mary to be involved in this too much. I want this to be a thing just between John and Sherlock. Mary may come in later, she may even try to convince John to forgive Sherlock at one point, but... I mostly want lots of pure Sherlock-and-John-moments. Don't need Mary for that.

I understand exactly what you mean. I'm looking forward to Mary's character but the reunion needs to be a deeply personal one between Sherlock and John only x

He does love to be dramatic.
Well, thank god you're above all that!

August 7, 2013 6:10 am  #92

nicbooful wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

I understand exactly what you mean. I'm looking forward to Mary's character but the reunion needs to be a deeply personal one between Sherlock and John only x

Exactly. We don't even know Mary yet, we are emotionally 'attached' to John and Sherlock. I really hope they don't mess this up by giving Mary too much room in terms of the reunion.

August 7, 2013 12:54 pm  #93

I concur! I like Mary already from what we've seen but this is a private thing and they need to sort their issues out by themselves. They've got a lot to say to each other before they can move on from it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

August 7, 2013 1:03 pm  #94

SolarSystem wrote:

nicbooful wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

Exactly. We don't even know Mary yet, we are emotionally 'attached' to John and Sherlock. I really hope they don't mess this up by giving Mary too much room in terms of the reunion.

I agree completely! 

August 7, 2013 6:25 pm  #95

Holy Schnikies! Benedict looks good.  Surpisingly, I don't hate Martin's Mustache, but I won't mourn it when it goes.  Hopefully we'll see one of those moments when Sherlock and John laugh together again, those are my favorites.

Last edited by josabby (August 7, 2013 6:26 pm)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."
Whoa.  Sherlock was quoting Spock who was quoting Sherlock....Mind blown!!

August 8, 2013 5:38 am  #96

I am certain there will be many great, funny and beautiful moments between John and Sherlock in the season to come. I think the final reunion, when they actually make up, will be between them only. Just as I think that during the first meeting/confrontation between John and Sherlock  Mary will step back and give them room to play it out.
The writers know quite well that this is what people are most eager to see (Steven Moffat said so himself at Comic Con), they will give us enough meat to chew on

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

August 8, 2013 8:00 am  #97

the_dancing_woman wrote:

I am certain there will be many great, funny and beautiful moments between John and Sherlock in the season to come. I think the final reunion, when they actually make up, will be between them only. Just as I think that during the first meeting/confrontation between John and Sherlock  Mary will step back and give them room to play it out.
The writers know quite well that this is what people are most eager to see (Steven Moffat said so himself at Comic Con), they will give us enough meat to chew on

You're probably right.
But from what I've heared concerning for example Dr. Who, Moffat sometimes seems to enjoy to spoil the fun for the fans a little bit. I don't watch Dr. Who, but I read somewhere that he kind of did mess up a certain scene that was very important to the fans just recently? Seems he gave them something but not really what they'd hoped for?
However, the longer the fans have to wait for new episodes the higher their expectations grow, I suppose. And of course it's kind of absurd to expect anything, we'll get what they'll give us.

August 8, 2013 8:33 am  #98

Punch me in the face wrote:

Am I the only one who hadn't noticed the "fin" or has my best friend definetely too much imagination?

I had a long discussion last night with a couple of friends about the fin. The first time I watched the trailer, I didn't think of a fin, the shadow made me think of a laptop cumputer. But a laptop walking by itself behind a door is very strange... we watched the scene several times but we cannot tell what the object is. Has someone cracked it yet?

August 8, 2013 8:41 am  #99

I think it might be the shadow of an opening door. That was my first idea, anyway. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 8, 2013 8:41 am  #100

Yes, you are right Moffat has that reputation...
And he doesn't always make me very happy, but he still tells the best stories I know, at least on telly!
(I do watch Dr. Who)

But, from the spoilers that I have seen and read about so far, my outlook on Sherlock series 3 is very positive.

Board footera