BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 4, 2013 10:35 am  #61

Re: Official Sherlock Series 3 Trailer

Be wrote:

Although Mr Gatiss confirmed that the footage from the teaser is from series 3 he didn't exactly say which episode, didn't he?

I think it might well be that the scenes are just eddited together that we get a little plot with Sherlock coming back to his "friends" and family.
The Mycroft-scene with the portable fan on his desk indicates that it is very warm, so summer. Conclusion: Not ep 1.

Is episode 1 set in the winter, then?
I think you could be right about the scenes not actually belonging in the same episode... Lestrade, for example, seems to be dressed for winter, with his long coat and scarf. Hard to tell with Mrs. Hudson and Molly, because they're inside...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I asked you for one more miracle. I asked you to stop being dead." 

"I heard you."

(The Empty Hearse)

August 4, 2013 10:41 am  #62

Hm, at least I hope that the scenes with Sherlock don't all belong to ep.2 or 3 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

August 4, 2013 10:48 am  #63

Mattlocked wrote:

Hm, at least I hope that the scenes with Sherlock don't all belong to ep.2 or 3

I can't rule that out since I don't search and deduce setlock. Sometimes you just can't not see it.

SherlockianDE: Don't want to spoil you on the season, sorry. But yes. Ep 1 is set in winter.

August 4, 2013 10:52 am  #64

That's ok, I don't really consider the season a spoiler...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I asked you for one more miracle. I asked you to stop being dead." 

"I heard you."

(The Empty Hearse)

August 4, 2013 11:24 am  #65

OMG! I was away from the civilized world for just 4 1/2 days (I went to an open air music festival and had no access to the internet) and now I'm back and found this!!!

The trailer is amazing but much to short! I hoped they would show a bit more of the plot but that would not fit to Moftiss' secretiveness I suppose.

@vaticancameos: How many times do you watched the trailer to notice all these details ?? I watched it about, I don't know, 8 to 10 times now but still wouldn't have noticed the fan .

John look so much different in this posh restaurant with a suit and the moustache, he looks older and so, I don't know, how to describe it, ordinary. I suppose, his whole appearance and especially the moustache is a symbol for his uneventful common life after Sherlocks "death" and the moustache will be gone as soon as Sherlock is back. (Besides there are only three men I know, who looks good with a moustache: Freddy Mercury, Brandon Flowers and my dad .)

But what do you think about Lestrades new haircut? I prefer him with longer hair, he appears so strict with the short hair and his face looks much rounder. I had the impression that he put some weight on, but that might be due to the haircut.

Wow, sorry, for babbling so much, but I am really excited right now. I hope they'll announce the air date soon!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

August 4, 2013 11:28 am  #66

'New info from Mark Gatiss: Everything in the teaser IS actually from season 3! Sherlockology got it wrong somehow.
https://twitter.com/Markgatiss/statuses/363590165140209665 '

This makes me absolutely light headed with happiness.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

August 4, 2013 11:30 am  #67

Maybe the moustache is for Movember!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 4, 2013 11:57 am  #68

Well, the moustache.
I don't like people who quote themselves, but still:

http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?pid=63364#p63364

August 5, 2013 7:56 am  #69

stoertebeker wrote:

@vaticancameos: How many times do you watched the trailer to notice all these details ?? I watched it about, I don't know, 8 to 10 times now but still wouldn't have noticed the fan .

It was all a bit of a blur. I lost count. ;)

I have taken to living by my wits.

The Brain Attic

August 5, 2013 4:00 pm  #70

You make me laugh, vaticancameos 

Not a fan.

August 5, 2013 4:50 pm  #71

LOL! I emailed the trailer to my best friend today (he enjoys the show but isn't what you would call a BIG fan, but he still has to listen to my rambling about sherlock & benedict all the time, poor thing! ha ha) and this is what he replied.

"Is this a remake of Jaws?"

I was like  and wrote back to him, "I'm sorry. Are you sure we've  watched the same thing?"

and he replied "Well, the music, a bit frightening at the beginning, and then look closely at the silhouette behind the door. It looks like Mrs Hudson is about to be attacked by a white shark"

Mwuahahahaha! Am I the only one who hadn't noticed the "fin" or has my best friend definetely too much imagination?

Last edited by Punch me in the face (August 5, 2013 4:51 pm)

Just like old times...

August 5, 2013 5:04 pm  #72

Well, he could bite me anytime!

Did I just say that?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

August 5, 2013 7:27 pm  #73

The teaser stops at the exact moment when Sherlock attacks John with an electric shaver, hence the frightening music. 

Not a fan.

August 5, 2013 7:30 pm  #74

Well, he does give John a shock...

Sorry, that was awful

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

August 5, 2013 7:34 pm  #75

No, that was funny !

Not a fan.

August 5, 2013 7:38 pm  #76

Jonquille wrote:

No, that was funny !

Aww, shucks. Thanks

August 5, 2013 8:54 pm  #77

Yes kittykat...aloud! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 5, 2013 9:18 pm  #78

Aloud?

August 5, 2013 9:34 pm  #79

Almost 3 million hits :-) 
Oh and did you notice a bit of our favourite coat for a millisecond before someone takes it off Sherlock's shoulders? *sigh*

August 6, 2013 6:29 pm  #80

Someone edited Sherlocks phonecall on the roof into the trailer, it's heartbreaking 

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

Board footera