BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 2, 2013 9:33 pm  #121

Re: What's the countdown for?

SolarSystem wrote:

dark_feileacan wrote:

[Yes, everything and nothing. It's wonderful! The game is on!

The game has been on for far too long now, if you ask me. But okay, let's continue to be patient.

fair enough!

"Look at you lot, you're all so vacant. Is it nice not being me? It must be so relaxing." ~SH

Not my division~ GL (after tumblr)

August 2, 2013 9:35 pm  #122

That's where they wanted us to be. And finally there we are. We are happy with 25 seconds of Sherlock. (Well, most of us. )

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

August 2, 2013 9:35 pm  #123

Swanpride wrote:

No tea! I'm melting here as it is! (and not because of Sherlock, it's so damned hot over here!)

Want some ice water, love?

"Look at you lot, you're all so vacant. Is it nice not being me? It must be so relaxing." ~SH

Not my division~ GL (after tumblr)

August 2, 2013 9:38 pm  #124

I have to admit I'm really not that excited, either. But let's face it, we're talking about Mofiss here. It wasn't to be expected that they give us the big, fat present just yet, now was it? Maybe that was just a first little treat, maybe there will be more... sometimes... eventually... ob bloody hell...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 2, 2013 9:46 pm  #125

Swanpride wrote:

Apparently the Countdown was entirely the idea of Sherlockology....

Yes. And they are supposed to be on our side; that is the side of the fans. Can't blame Mofftiss for that teasing with the countdown.
I already wondered why they kept relatively calm.

August 2, 2013 9:48 pm  #126

To be fair, they didn't have to show anything at all.  They can't really show a series 3 trailer because all of series 3 isn't filmed yet.  Honestly, I wasn't expecting anything visual...I was expecting a date.  I was definitely happy with this.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

August 2, 2013 9:49 pm  #127

So, what are you saying then, that these shots are from things that have been filmed but are already on the cutting room floor and have been dropped from the series? Because, we've never seen John with a moustache before, that's not from Series 1 or 2.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

August 2, 2013 9:50 pm  #128

I posted screencaps on the Series 3 spoiler thread

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

August 2, 2013 9:50 pm  #129

And Lestrade's new haircut. This is NEW STUFF, that has been filmed RECENTLY, regardless of whether those shots actually get used in the series or not.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

August 2, 2013 9:52 pm  #130

and now the coutdown for the season 3 has really begun for me !!!! Oh, it's so hard to wait!!!!

---------------------------------------
Enjoy the silence
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

August 2, 2013 9:55 pm  #131

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

So, what are you saying then, that these shots are from things that have been filmed but are already on the cutting room floor and have been dropped from the series? Because, we've never seen John with a moustache before, that's not from Series 1 or 2.

Don't know. "Not actual footage" according to Sherlockology. Something made up for promotional purpose. Can end up in the series; or not. Who knows.

Last edited by Be (August 2, 2013 9:55 pm)

August 2, 2013 9:59 pm  #132

Be wrote:

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Don't know. "Not actual footage" according to Sherlockology. Something made up for promotional purpose. Can end up in the series; or not. Who knows.

Right yeah. But still new.

Most trailers come with a "not actual footage" warning, just to cover their backs.

Because people look at that and think Sherlock's gonna walk in on John in a restaurant, because that's how it's set up to look. "Teasers" are exactly that, they tease, they mislead, they give hints that might not be reality. There is nothing unusual about it and no need for anyone to feel tricked. This is just a standard trailer.

August 2, 2013 10:00 pm  #133

I don't care if it's real footage or not; it's all we have right now!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

August 2, 2013 10:01 pm  #134

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Be wrote:

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Most trailers come with a "not actual footage" warning, just to cover their backs.

Because people look at that and think Sherlock's gonna walk in on John in a restaurant, because that's how it's set up to look. "Teasers" are exactly that, they tease, they mislead, they give hints that might not be reality. There is nothing unusual about it and no need for anyone to feel tricked. This is just a standard trailer.

Without giving away spoilers at all, some of us recognize those scenarios.

Last edited by sj4iy (August 2, 2013 10:02 pm)

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.

August 2, 2013 10:04 pm  #135

sj4iy wrote:

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Be wrote:

Without giving away spoilers at all, some of us recognize those scenarios.

Exactly. We should be aware of that already.
Sherlockology confirmed on twitter that the countdown thing had nothing to do with the BBC.
https://twitter.com/MycroftLuvsCake/status/363418790664478720/photo/1

Last edited by Be (August 2, 2013 10:14 pm)

August 2, 2013 10:16 pm  #136

Ooooh what...that last bit....there's going to be MORRRRREEE

August 2, 2013 10:29 pm  #137

I'm Not disappointed at all because I actually Expected nothing so I got more than I Expected. Since I'm on Holiday I didn't really get much of that excitement about the countdown

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

August 2, 2013 10:32 pm  #138

Sorry, I just don't see how it was a disservice to the fans.  It's a teaser trailer.  Sherlockology had a countdown to make it fun for the fans...I wasn't expecting a 2 minute trailer on something that's not even close to done yet.  I wasn't even expecting a trailer at all.  I thought we were going to get a date or information of some sort.  They don't owe us anything for Comic Con...we didn't go, therefore, we didn't get to see it.  It happens every year, and the internet has made us feel entitled to stuff we really aren't.

August 2, 2013 10:46 pm  #139

tonnaree wrote:

No air.
Can't breathe.
Where's the smelling salts?
Where's my mattress?
Where the hell did my knickers go?!?!

*EPIC THUD*

Hehe!  

Honestly, I thought that was 26 seconds of pure AWESOME!  Yes it would've been great to see more, but I'm grateful we got anything at all! Every little bit is awesome and worth squeeing over! My heart was pounding and I was literally bouncing in my chair, squeaking like a possessed mouse the whole time while watching it  ...it does indeed make me think though, when we actually see The Empty Hearse....that'll be most interesting 

Last edited by SilverMoonDragonB (August 2, 2013 10:47 pm)

-------------------------------------------------------

August 2, 2013 10:52 pm  #140

IT WAS AMAZING. I'M STILL SO HAPPY

Board footera