BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 9, 2013 4:15 am  #61

Re: The next Doctor will be announced this Sunday!

sherlockskitty wrote:

No,  it's Peter Capaldi   that's the next doctor.  who  is he?  i've not heard of him.  and  he's 55  years old.   (ok  I  know  about him,  just  never seen him  before as I live in the USA  anyway)   I  am  not  looking fwd  to  Matt going.   Tennant   was my  fav  dr  and I'll always miss him.    Is Clara  going to be the new dr's companion too?  

Sorry if my post was confusing. The quote I was referencing was when Tennant left and Smith started. I just meant that I assume that Moffat hasn't changed his writing style now with Capaldi starting. So it's up to Capaldi as to how 12 acts.

I wonder what 12's catchphrase will be? No more Geronimo!

================================================================

August 9, 2013 4:27 am  #62

Michele wrote:

sherlockskitty wrote:

No,  it's Peter Capaldi   that's the next doctor.  who  is he?  i've not heard of him.  and  he's 55  years old.   (ok  I  know  about him,  just  never seen him  before as I live in the USA  anyway)   I  am  not  looking fwd  to  Matt going.   Tennant   was my  fav  dr  and I'll always miss him.    Is Clara  going to be the new dr's companion too?  

Sorry if my post was confusing. The quote I was referencing was when Tennant left and Smith started. I just meant that I assume that Moffat hasn't changed his writing style now with Capaldi starting. So it's up to Capaldi as to how 12 acts.

"Geronimo!" was better than "Allons-y!", imo.  I didn't even realize that "Fantastic!" was supposed to be the 9th Doctor's catchphrase until long after I had finished watching them...go figure.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

August 9, 2013 4:46 am  #63

sj4iy wrote:

Michele wrote:

sherlockskitty wrote:

"Geronimo!" was better than "Allons-y!", imo.  I didn't even realize that "Fantastic!" was supposed to be the 9th Doctor's catchphrase until long after I had finished watching them...go figure.

Yeah I like "Geronimo!"
Isn't it Allons-y means 'let's go' and 10 left by saying 'I don't want to go'
And Geronimo means 'jump in' and the episode where 11 leaves is call 'the fall of the eleventh' or something. So he could fall/jump to his death/regeneration.
So whatever 12's is could be a warning of his downfall eventually.

August 9, 2013 5:08 am  #64

Michele wrote:

sj4iy wrote:

Michele wrote:

Yeah I like "Geronimo!"
And Geronimo means 'jump in' and the episode where 11 leaves is call 'the fall of the eleventh' or something. So he could fall/jump to his death/regeneration.

"Inconceivable!" ?   *innocently grins....  ducks any tomatoes*

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

August 9, 2013 5:14 am  #65

Michele wrote:

sj4iy wrote:

Michele wrote:

Yeah I like "Geronimo!"

I didn't know they had already named the Christmas special?

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.

August 9, 2013 5:26 am  #66

I had read it somewhere but I could be totally wrong which if so please ignore me while I crawl back into my cave under the Misty Mountains!

August 9, 2013 5:29 am  #67

Michele wrote:

I had read it somewhere but I could be totally wrong which if so please ignore me while I crawl back into my cave under the Misty Mountains!

I remember it was part of prophecies, but I don't recall anyone having announced it yet.  I'll have to check

August 9, 2013 6:42 am  #68

Found this as a suggestion for 12's catchphrase (warning swears).
What show was he a swear-bag in?

August 9, 2013 6:43 am  #69

Also I found that quote I was talking about! YAY ME!!

“You’d be surprised how similar the Doctors are on paper. If you look at discarded scenes from previous eras, he’s kind of always the same, he’s just this very clever man. When he walks around with a different face and voice, it becomes different. When I wrote [Matt’s opening episode] The Eleventh Hour and I handed it in, everyone said it was exactly David. Then a few weeks later we cast Matt and everyone was complimenting me hugely – and I accepted the compliments – about how well I’d rewritten it for Matt. I hadn’t touched a word, they were just imagining Matt. The Doctor is the Doctor.” - Moffat.

August 9, 2013 12:21 pm  #70

Capaldi plays political spin doctor Malcolm Tucker in "In the Thick of It"...and he's very creative with his swearing (there are some hilarious clips of him, if you want to check it out).

August 9, 2013 6:30 pm  #71

sj4iy wrote:

Capaldi plays political spin doctor Malcolm Tucker in "In the Thick of It"...and he's very creative with his swearing (there are some hilarious clips of him, if you want to check it out).

Uh huh!  I think you'd appreciate this:   
http://cleolinda.tumblr.com/post/57418036651/twelfth-doctor-au-in-which-the-new-doctors

*now picturing him getting used to being Twelve, letting out a few swears, Clara just standing there like '...umm..?'*   

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

August 9, 2013 6:45 pm  #72

Oh poor Clara

I think I'll watch "The Thick of it", just to saw his acting skills (though, he's played in Torchwood already, I've seen the whole series but totally couldn't recall him there ;) 

Funny video showing him as the Doctor (swearing warning):

The Road goes ever on and on...

August 12, 2013 6:33 am  #73

wow thx  for posting those bits.   I  really hope they don't let Capaldi swear on doctor who.   I   don't care for  it.  Plus,  the show is made for kids of all ages.   

I  don't know what the christmas special is gonna be titled,  but I  think that you lot here are thinking of something that was said by  a character  in  the episode called   The wedding of river song----dorium  the blue head  says    "The Fields of Trenzalore. The Fall of the Eleventh. And the Question"

so  the  christmas special MIGHT  be called   "The  Fields of Trenzalone,"   because that is where the fall of the eleventh doctor happens.  The question of course,  is,  "Doctor WHO?"   and we STILL don't know the doctor's name!!!   That's right---THE NAME OF THE DOCTOR   episode didn't tell us.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

August 12, 2013 1:35 pm  #74

"The Fields of Trenzalore" and "The Oldest Question in the Universe" were talking about "The Name of the Doctor".  And unless the Doctor goes BACK to Trenzalor, he won't be there for the Christmas special because we know he leaves Trenzalore in the 50th Anniversary Special.  Why?  Because somehow, the TARDIS ends up being crane-lifted to the ground in Trafalgar Square where the Doctor meets with U.N.I.T.

They'll come up with something else for the fall of the Eleventh to end the Christmas special.

Also, Capaldi is an actor...he only curses when the script tells him to do so.  He's already said that he's banished Malcolm Tucker in preparing for the part of the Doctor, and of course Moffat won't do anything to hurt the show's family-friendly image.

Last edited by sj4iy (August 12, 2013 1:40 pm)

August 14, 2013 6:09 am  #75

How did you get these pics?   and how do we know he leaves Trenzalore in the 50th movie special?   
spoilers,  sweetie.   don't tell me.    

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

August 14, 2013 11:45 am  #76

sherlockskitty wrote:

How did you get these pics?   and how do we know he leaves Trenzalore in the 50th movie special?   
spoilers,  sweetie.   don't tell me.    

Well, it was pretty huge news when it happened...it's not everyday people see the TARDIS crane lifted at Trafalgar Square with a man hanging on underneath.  I haven't gone looking for spoilers myself, but that was unavoidable because it was absolutely everywhere.  I don't know how it fits in with Tennant or Hurt, but I would imagine they have to leave Trenzalore.

Board footera