BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 4, 2013 8:03 pm  #21

Re: Benedict's two girls in one week

Oh well... what a shame we can't properly discuss that Benedict is free to date whomever whe wants and that we tolerate his privacy. But then again, that's a matter of course.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

August 4, 2013 8:08 pm  #22

We can discuss about everything.
I just don't want to be on the same level as those who write such kind of articles or publish those kind of (private)pictures.
If we want to be different, and show it, we shouldn't post these things (and spread them further this way!) in our forum. But maybe I'm thinking to strictly, dunno. Just a feeling.

Last edited by Mattlocked (August 4, 2013 8:10 pm)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

August 4, 2013 8:12 pm  #23

This is not about forbidding anything but IMO these articles are clearly aimed at slandering and hurting Benedict, especially the long one linked somewhere above. I am sure there are many among us who did not even know about that one and I personally would prefer I had not read it. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 4, 2013 8:14 pm  #24

I found it too ridiculous to even be angry about it.
And don't get me wrong: Everyone has the right to criticize Benedict (even I don't like everything he says or does - yes, really!  ), but please in a serious way. No problem to discuss serious articles.

Last edited by Mattlocked (August 4, 2013 8:20 pm)

August 4, 2013 8:20 pm  #25

Haters gonna hate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

August 4, 2013 8:29 pm  #26

Mattlocked wrote:

I found it too ridiculous to even be angry about it.
And don't get me wrong: Everyone has the right to criticize Benedict (even I don't like everything he says or does - yes, really! ), but please in a serious way. No problem to discuss serious articles.

Agreed. We have a Benedict's Press thread for articles. They do not have to be complimentary, anybody is free to criticise his work if he or she thinks it is not good. But these articles are very personal and use information given by him or his family to make distorted interpretations about his character. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 4, 2013 8:38 pm  #27

shouldbestudying wrote:

I am not against the discussion of Benedict's privacy, I am against invasion of anybody privacy, famous or not.
Does there need to be these type of pictures on this forum?
So I am happy to rant over the paps and IMO the people who buy these gossip mags/papers who encourge the pictures to be taken in the first place.

Right! *thumbs up*

August 5, 2013 9:19 pm  #28

Nice to see The Daily Mail hacks hitting their usual high standard of journalism! (Yes, that is sarcasm).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 5, 2013 9:24 pm  #29

Cumberbatchweb writes that they earn lots of money with clicks on their articles. So it would be a good idea not to give them the satisfaction. 

August 5, 2013 9:42 pm  #30

I read that, too. "Provocative articles gain more clicks." So......

August 6, 2013 3:02 pm  #31

Hm, sorry if I've offended anyone by posting the original article. Didn't mean to. Will delete the thread if everyone is happy with that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

August 7, 2013 10:08 pm  #32

Well either he's a player, one of those women is an actual significant other or he saw people with cameras and thought it would be funny to screw with them

Last edited by josabby (August 7, 2013 10:31 pm)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."
Whoa.  Sherlock was quoting Spock who was quoting Sherlock....Mind blown!!

August 12, 2013 6:53 am  #33

Yeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-no.

The man hugs *everyone* especially if he's had a few drinks (apparently. Which makes him delightfully human.) That photo is clearly just a kiss on the cheek (brownie points to the DM for trying though.)

Even if it *wasn't* just a friendly kiss it's no one's business! The idiots who write this stuff are an affront to writers (*cough*) who do their jobs without resorting to desperate, barrel-scraping scandal.

The press turn on everyone eventually. It's really sad. I hate it. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

October 25, 2013 9:18 pm  #34

I really hate tabloids and gossip press. This job should be banned. They are not offering anything good to our society.  I'm conscious about the fact that knowing about the private life of a celebrity is quite interestig. But they always go too much further.
For example, by visiting a website you can know where Leonardo Dicaprio goes and what he does. He is followed by paparazzis every single day 24 hours a day.. This seems to be more a biography than a simple  fanpage. it's crazy!!!!!
I'm sad  they are doing the same thing  (taking picture and writing false information) to Benedict, he doesn't deserve it!
If I was a politician, I would create a law to vanish this type of press... this is rubbish!!!!

Last edited by spanisherlock (October 25, 2013 9:22 pm)

The begining of a great adventure!!!

October 25, 2013 9:28 pm  #35

Punch me in the face wrote:

miriel68 wrote:

Actually, they just try to make up a story from some perfectly innocent pictures. I wonder how Katia's poor boyfriend may feel with all the crazy speculation going on internet. I saw statements like "they obviously had sex". Oh dear. That said, KE does seems a bit like Caroline Bingley with mister Darcy in this photos, lol.

Sorry, but I feel like I haven't seen the same picture... *confused*

I mean, that kiss doesn't look that much innocent to me and if I were that girl's boyfriend, I think I'd be a little jealous 

I wish I  were that girl!!!!  lucky girl, by the way!!!!   she's kissed by real gentleman. I'm jealous too!!! ;) Where  was this picture taken exactly?  on the set of Sherlock or in his holiday on the beach?? LOL 
Actually, it's none of my business, but anyway, if someone knows the answer, let me know, please!!!! let's make an exeption, despite my bad feelings toward this type of press.

Last edited by spanisherlock (October 25, 2013 9:35 pm)

The begining of a great adventure!!!

October 25, 2013 9:39 pm  #36

"I'm sad  they are doing the same thing  (taking picture and writing false information) to Benedict, he doesn't deserve it!
If I was a politician, I would create a law to vanish this type of press... this is rubbish!!!!"

"I wish I  were that girl!!!!  lucky girl, by the way!!!!   she's kissed by real gentleman. I'm jealous too!!! ;) Where  was this picture taken exactly?  on the set of Sherlock or in his holiday on the beach?? LOL
Actually, it's none of my business, but anyway, if someone knows the answer, let me know, please!!!! let's make an exeption, despite my bad feelings toward this type of press."

??? 

Last edited by Mattlocked (October 25, 2013 9:39 pm)

October 25, 2013 10:07 pm  #37

Tbh, I am not very happy that such pictures are posted on the board. This is paparazzi stuff which should have no place in here. But I guess I am repeating myself. 

Last edited by SusiGo (October 25, 2013 10:10 pm)

October 26, 2013 7:17 am  #38

SusiGo wrote:

Tbh, I am not very happy that such pictures are posted on the board. This is paparazzi stuff which should have no place in here. But I guess I am repeating myself. 

Right! There's not much to be added, really! Please everybody, think before posting paparazzi pictures!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

Board footera