BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 31, 2013 6:29 am  #1

URL Tag

Hey Boss...not sure if it's just on my browser but it seems like the URL tag isn't working properly. Instead of seeing a link's title I just see the full URL.

Good example on the Masterlist: http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?pid=39492

I have added a couple of plugins to Chrome so it's possible something is borked in my browser.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

July 31, 2013 7:24 pm  #2

Re: URL Tag

Ah OK. Yeah, I see it. So, when you post an URL with a title, how does it normally work? How do you type it in when you post it?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

August 3, 2013 11:26 am  #3

Normally I just type the title, then select it and use the link button on the reply menu. You put the url in and it populates the bbcode for you. However, when I edit the masterlists, I write them in source code. Both methods are currently having the same result so it seems the URL tag is no longer working. Has the  bbcoding changed?

Last edited by Wholocked (August 3, 2013 11:28 am)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

August 6, 2013 4:05 pm  #4

Let me just test something.

Link

Oh yeah....that's weird. Didn't work. I'll e-mail Boardhost.

Last edited by Sherlock Holmes (August 6, 2013 4:06 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

September 2, 2013 2:25 am  #5

No joy on this one?

September 10, 2013 9:54 am  #6

They still haven't replied to my email.

September 10, 2013 10:13 am  #7

Slackers.

Well, if it helps (!) we're apparently back to the old 'can't post from a tablet' situation. Wonder why it doesn't load as the mobile layout on my tablet?? Weird.

September 10, 2013 10:20 am  #8

I've sent them a chase up e-mail about the URLs

September 17, 2013 8:01 pm  #9

UPDATE: They replied to my e-mail today to say sorry about the delay and that they're working on the problem and will get back to me.

September 17, 2013 8:32 pm  #10

Yay!!

November 8, 2013 2:54 am  #11

Just noticed this is fixed now - yay!

Board footera