BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 30, 2013 5:38 pm  #1

People who have read The Hobbit (possible spoilers)

During the scene where Bilbo answers Smaug's questions in riddles (because of the Dragon rules, not to give them your name or refuse to answer their questions) like Bilbo referring to himself as the Barrel rider or the lucky number; Smaug makes a lot of deductions like Bilbo is traveling with 13 dwarves, ect.  I keep hearing this in Sherlock's voice and picture Smaug saying "Obvious"  I can't help it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."
Whoa.  Sherlock was quoting Spock who was quoting Sherlock....Mind blown!!

July 30, 2013 7:01 pm  #2

Re: People who have read The Hobbit (possible spoilers)

I'm hoping for a Sherlock reference of some kind, just because We'll get it even if nobody else does!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

July 30, 2013 7:09 pm  #3

I'm hoping for such reference too! I'm looking forward to this scene so much  Look like Martin and Benedict are meant for these roles 

The Road goes ever on and on...

July 30, 2013 7:20 pm  #4

I still remember that behind the scenes pic of them from the set, lovely!

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

July 30, 2013 7:25 pm  #5

Here it is!

July 30, 2013 7:26 pm  #6

I can't wait  This Christmas season has almost everything I'm looking forward to- TDoS, Sherlock, Doctor Who...yay :D

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

July 30, 2013 7:28 pm  #7

We'll also see more of the Necromancer in the next one. If you watch that scene with Radagast and turn the volume up, you can hear the Necromancer whisper Radagast's name; we know that voice!

July 30, 2013 7:29 pm  #8

kittykat wrote:

You meant this one where Benedict admires Martin's feet? It was adorable indeed, pity we didn't get more photos of them both though!

Edit: Just saw you posted the picture

Last edited by Deilenn (July 30, 2013 7:30 pm)

July 30, 2013 7:30 pm  #9

Deilenn wrote:

kittykat wrote:

You meant this one where Benedict admires Martin's feet? It was adorable indeed, pity we didn't get more photos of them both though!

Edit: Just saw you posted the picture

Yep, it's up there

July 30, 2013 7:32 pm  #10

There was also this very cute one of Martin, after finishing his last shot

July 30, 2013 7:41 pm  #11

Haha, funny expression Then again he must not be happy with finishing work on a set! I wonder what's that scenery.

July 30, 2013 7:48 pm  #12

I'm loving those shoes!

July 30, 2013 8:20 pm  #13

Aren't they adorable?

*******************************************************************************************************************
I haven't disappeared completely, I've just been busy writing

July 31, 2013 6:19 am  #14

Glad I wasn't the only one to check out the feet!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera