BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 24, 2013 3:57 pm  #1

Dear Sherlolly shippers,

if you could recommend one and only one Sherlolly fanfic, the one to convince everyone that this pairing is a brilliant idea, which one would that be?

(Yes, I will have LOTS of time reading, and I've never tried this pairing. And most likely never will again, to be honest. So choose your one recommendation carefully...)

Thank you!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

July 24, 2013 4:04 pm  #2

Re: Dear Sherlolly shippers,

Preparing your holidays, he? 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 24, 2013 4:05 pm  #3

Interesting question. I never read any Sherlolly fanfiction either. I think Sherlock would rather jump from that roof again.
But if somebody can recommend a really good one I would give it a try. Maybe.

Schmiezi,
I read your fanfiction storys recently and I like them very much. I am looking forward to the next points on Sherlock's list about John.

July 24, 2013 6:12 pm  #4

Well, I read them a lot. But I've got no idea which one to recommend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

July 24, 2013 6:31 pm  #5

Sorry, I just know one or two Adlocks. Not really my area. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 24, 2013 6:57 pm  #6

Be wrote:

Interesting question. I never read any Sherlolly fanfiction either. I think Sherlock would rather jump from that roof again.
But if somebody can recommend a really good one I would give it a try. Maybe.

Schmiezi,
I read your fanfiction storys recently and I like them very much. I am looking forward to the next points on Sherlock's list about John.

Oh, thank you Be! The next two chapters will most likely be written in Bella Italia, so they could turn out to be quite smutty. Romantic. I meant romantic.

Yes, Matt, I'm currently filling my kindle with all kind of stuff. It needs to last for a while. So far I've got some vintage slash recs from Susi (still love that expression), some Johnlock from a tumblr rec list, some good old SciFi short stories, two non-fiction books... And yes, I know I'm overacting!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 24, 2013 7:06 pm  #7

Sounds really good. And I'm looking forward to the smutty … ahem … romantic bits. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 24, 2013 8:18 pm  #8

...still no Sherlolly recs?

July 24, 2013 8:21 pm  #9

Mary Me wrote:

Well, I read them a lot. But I've got no idea which one to recommend.

Even though I have only so far read all Johnlock stuff (I just LOVE those two ), I'm kinda curious about reading a Molly and Sherlock fanfiction....wouldn't mind trying it, just once, to see if I liked or not. So any recommendations would be appreciated , @Mary Me. Well which one is your favourite? 

-------------------------------------------------------

July 24, 2013 9:05 pm  #10

After doing some searching, I came across these Molly/Sherlock fanfics;

Sustain (or Concerto for the Famished in D Minor) - http://archiveofourown.org/works/217671/chapters/327390

The Full House series - http://archiveofourown.org/series/18800

Post-Reichenbach Trilogy - http://archiveofourown.org/series/36606

I'm thinking of maybe trying one of those three...any thoughts from people who've read them? 

-------------------------------------------------------

July 24, 2013 9:07 pm  #11

I wrote one that is very very light on the Sherlolly side: one that is very very light on Sherlolly side,but truly I'm a Johnlock shipper. Even in canon, Sherlock Holmes jurisdiction doesn't include females. He even says as much a couple of different times....but hey! In fanfic, lots of stuff can work, depending on how it's written!

Last edited by crazybbcamerican (July 24, 2013 9:08 pm)

*******************************************************************************************************************
I haven't disappeared completely, I've just been busy writing

July 24, 2013 9:09 pm  #12

Didn't you kill Molly in one of your fics?

July 24, 2013 9:50 pm  #13

Okay, I will recommend What You Can't Deduce.
It's working for me.

Last edited by Mary Me (July 24, 2013 9:51 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

July 24, 2013 10:47 pm  #14

Schmiezi wrote:

Didn't you kill Molly in one of your fics?

D'oh! Yup, I sure did, but there was a reason for it all, I swear! lol   {Thing is, she is one of my favorite BBC characters of all time :D)

*******************************************************************************************************************
I haven't disappeared completely, I've just been busy writing

July 25, 2013 7:40 am  #15

Thanks for the recs. So far I have decided to give "Sustain" and "The full house" a try, for those are the ones with most kudos. Which means that I will place them on my kindle and see if anything will happen.

Crazy, I have read yours already. It IS the one where you kill Molly.

August 26, 2013 10:31 am  #16

...after lots of reading over the holidays I can now confirm that Sherlolly does not work for me. But thanks for the recs!

October 2, 2013 12:46 pm  #17

This thread inspired me to try writing a bit of a sherlolly  fanfic http://archiveofourown.org/works/982169/chapters/1934354
After writing it I read elsewhere on here that having Molly use dominatrix gear would have to be one of the most unlikely scenarios ever.. i had to laugh.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can always tell a good Chinese place by examining the bottom third of the door handle"

October 3, 2013 5:24 am  #18

Gotta admit I haven't ventured into Sherlolly at all. Mostly because I just don't understand where it comes from. I mean, sure, Molly is head-over for Sherlock but he has nothing but contempt for her. How would that even work?! Sherlolly confuses me. I can't see how it can be written with Sherlock in character.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

October 3, 2013 6:27 am  #19

I agree! I think I managed to keep everyone in character! Just not so much romance! Would love to know what you think!

Last edited by NotYourHousekeeperDear (October 3, 2013 6:29 am)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can always tell a good Chinese place by examining the bottom third of the door handle"

October 3, 2013 7:08 am  #20

Wholocked wrote:

Gotta admit I haven't ventured into Sherlolly at all. Mostly because I just don't understand where it comes from. I mean, sure, Molly is head-over for Sherlock but he has nothing but contempt for her. How would that even work?! Sherlolly confuses me. I can't see how it can be written with Sherlock in character.

Same here. I've tried, really, but it's not my cup of tea.

Board footera