BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 20, 2013 7:38 pm  #1

BBC Proms...

Does anyone else listen to these?  I love them, especially for Doctor Who (yeah, I'm a geek ^^).  I recorded them, so I'm still listening through them (4 hours!).  I'm looking forward to all of the classical composers, too- Mozart, Wagner, etc.  What do you like?

Last edited by sj4iy (July 20, 2013 7:51 pm)

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

July 20, 2013 8:01 pm  #2

Re: BBC Proms...

I've listened only to Doctor Who Proms so far, there was one last week and I liked it so much. I'd love to see it live one day :] 

The Road goes ever on and on...

July 20, 2013 8:08 pm  #3

Deilenn wrote:

I've listened only to Doctor Who Proms so far, there was one last week and I liked it so much. I'd love to see it live one day :] 

It's on my bucket list XD

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.

July 20, 2013 10:02 pm  #4

I'm crying listening to the "Angels Take Manhattan" suite.  That episode was the hardest thing I've ever watched.

July 21, 2013 8:06 am  #5

Yeah And what do you think of the song for the 50th anniversary of DW? 

July 21, 2013 12:08 pm  #6

Oh man, I want that one so much!!

July 21, 2013 6:52 pm  #7

Yay, after a lot of work, I've finally finished cutting up the Doctor Who Prom into 35 separate sections! Now it's ready for my iPod, lol.

July 23, 2013 7:28 pm  #8

The entire prom? :o Or only music? Anyway it's actually a cool idea to have "live" versions of music pieces, as they sound almost as good as the soundtracks. I especially liked This is Gallifrey with Vale Decem from the Proms, I saw it on youtube though I can't remember which year was it...

July 23, 2013 7:45 pm  #9

Deilenn wrote:

The entire prom? :o Or only music? Anyway it's actually a cool idea to have "live" versions of music pieces, as they sound almost as good as the soundtracks. I especially liked This is Gallifrey with Vale Decem from the Proms, I saw it on youtube though I can't remember which year was it...

It's the entire concert, with descriptions of everything that's happening.  I really liked when the Daleks took over, especially when they said "The conductor is overacting!"

July 24, 2013 12:39 pm  #10

Ahh, I see. Yeah the Daleks were hilarious! I'm wondering whether the whole prom is already available to watch on the net, I haven't found it so far though...

July 24, 2013 1:01 pm  #11

Deilenn wrote:

Ahh, I see. Yeah the Daleks were hilarious! I'm wondering whether the whole prom is already available to watch on the net, I haven't found it so far though...

No, but I read that they taped the broadcast to be aired on TV later this year.  You can find the entire radio broadcast (...or I might have it in a convenient, easy to listen to with chapters broken up already form ^_~).

July 26, 2013 11:13 am  #12

And is this "chapter version" on the net too? I believe it'd be much easier to listen to it without having to pick moments at random through the entire broadcast in search of a specific piece 

July 26, 2013 12:23 pm  #13

Deilenn wrote:

And is this "chapter version" on the net too? I believe it'd be much easier to listen to it without having to pick moments at random through the entire broadcast in search of a specific piece 

It's mine.  I recorded it, then I went through and cut it up appropriately (there ended up being 35 chapters).  If you want it, let me know, and we can arrange something

July 26, 2013 12:36 pm  #14

Like, you meant you could send me it somehow? If so I'd like to! :]

July 27, 2013 9:08 am  #15

hey thanks much for the link, it's working well for me!

July 27, 2013 1:35 pm  #16

Yay!  Glad I could help.

Board footera