BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 9, 2012 5:32 pm  #21

Re: Sherlock Characters' blogs & websites

I think it will stay at 1895 too because it's another in-joke.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 9, 2012 6:20 pm  #22

I swore I wouldn't read fan fic either, or do any roleplaying...but the need for Sherlock related stuff became too overpowering!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

March 9, 2012 10:08 pm  #23

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

I swore I wouldn't read fan fic either, or do any roleplaying...but the need for Sherlock related stuff became too overpowering!

Go back and read more books or watch an episode of Jeremy Brett's Sherlock.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

May 15, 2012 6:46 pm  #24

(John's Blog) Has links to Thescienceofdeduction.co.uk, connieprince.co.uk, mollyhooper.co.uk
It's a really good site, run by the BBC so there'll be no nonsense. you can find out about the cases that were talked of but never discussed in depth and see funny messages from people like Harry Watson and Sargent Donovan! I recommend these websites for ALL Sherlock fans!

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

May 15, 2012 6:54 pm  #25

Hey Molly,

Kazza posted this a few months ago which links to and discusses them.

Will be a good exercise for our Sherlock Holmes to see if they can 'Merge' threads though

-m0r

And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

May 15, 2012 6:57 pm  #26

You see, I'm a newbie (and a lazy one) so I didn't bother to check other posts, awkward...

Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 

May 15, 2012 7:01 pm  #27

These things happen, not to worry!

As I said, our Sherlock Holmes could use a little of the practise of moderating - you'll be doing her a favour!

The search function here though is superb!

-m0r

May 15, 2012 7:04 pm  #28

Sherlock's a HER?

May 15, 2012 7:19 pm  #29

So she claims.

-m0r

May 15, 2012 8:26 pm  #30

To be fair there are an enormous number of threads and posts on this forum now. If you read them all as a newbie you'd probably never get around to posting anything yourself.

Sherlock is a lady, I think. What a bizarre sentence that was! Like something from Little Britain.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 16, 2012 12:05 am  #31

LOL at you guys...

...I don't believe you can merge threads...I've tried it before. I can just close or delete this one though??

May 16, 2012 12:15 am  #32

Try a merge...go on, go on, go on go on!

-m0r

May 20, 2012 6:38 am  #33

I've just read the most wonderful entry on John's blog. Hadn't seen it before (in fact I am re-reading a lot of links lately) Here's the conversation that leads to my favourite line.

John, this is appalling. It's all 'and then we ran here! And then we ran there! And it was a code!' What about the analysis, John? The analysis! How did I work it out? How did I know where to go? And as for 'All these people he involves in his adventures... '. My what? I'm sorry, obviously I did't realise I was a character in a children's story.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:04

Well, you're pretty childish. So if the cap fits...
John Watson 28 March 13:07

Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes
28 March 13:08

That is so close to my heart, the overuse of exclamation marks online.
I love you Sherlock.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

May 20, 2012 7:28 am  #34

I think I do that as well!
I'll have to try and stop, it's just that everything is SO exciting!!

May 20, 2012 8:32 am  #35

Haha, that's hilarious, and so typical Sherlock. Yes, I definitely use too many exclamation marks!! Look - I just did it again!! *slaps self*

By the way, "didn't realise I was some kind of character in a children's story" - priceless.

June 22, 2012 12:46 pm  #36

m0r1arty wrote:

Hey Molly,

Kazza posted this a few months ago which links to and discusses them.

Will be a good exercise for our Sherlock Holmes to see if they can 'Merge' threads though

-m0r

m0r1arty wrote:

Try a merge...go on, go on, go on go on!

-m0r

Consider it merged my dear.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 30, 2012 3:07 am  #37

From John's blog, there are videos there that non-Brit(?) people can't access. I know they are posted somewhere else in the forum, but here they are again:
The video from John's blog 1st Jan.
http://www.johnwatsonblog.co.uk/blog/01january

The video from John's blog 16 Mar.
http://www.johnwatsonblog.co.uk/blog/16amarch

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 30, 2012 4:23 am  #38

http://www.johnwatsonblog.co.uk/blog/16ajune

PLEASE ensure you study the whole thing; especially the newsticker along the bottom.

Very well done.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 30, 2012 4:28 am  #39

I recall someone explaining that the reporters were real one from the BBC; maybe someone from the UK can watch it again & point out the 'authentic' things & in jokes that we foreigners may be missing.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

July 2, 2012 9:20 am  #40

It's my first time to watch that video. Thanks for sharing, Kazza. Quite brilliant!
Does anyone know why the tobacco ash thing was deleted from Sherlock's blog? Did he delete it himself?

Board footera