BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 21, 2013 6:28 pm  #41

Re: Sherlock panel at San Diego Comic Con (Series 3 Spoiler Warning)

I would be really disappointed if Moriarty isn't dead, because like Moffat said - it would have been a waste of an episode.  I'm all for moving on, getting to new vilains, etc.  Do they have to "outdo" Moriarty?  Not necessarily...as long as they can sometimes "outdo" Sherlock

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

July 21, 2013 6:33 pm  #42

I don't think it's necessary to have another "supervillain" like him. It would be boring to get a second Moriarty. Maybe there will be different adversaries belonging to the different cases like in the canon where Moriarty doesn't appear very often. 
Besides they said that ep. 1 will show how Sherlock's faked death affected the people around him. And he's meeting John again. I think there won't be too much room to build up another archenemy. I'm absolutely okay with it. I trust them to find something new. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 21, 2013 7:00 pm  #43

Just watched Martin and Benedict's video greeting, I love the explanation for how Sherlock survived!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

July 21, 2013 8:01 pm  #44

I have always believed that Moriarty is dead.  Wouldn't surprise me if he showed up in flashbacks but I don't feel the need to immediately replace him with another super villian.

Of course I have opinions and desires about how I'd like the next three epsisodes to go but it all boils down to the fact that I have absolute trust in the writers.  They may piss me off, they may break my heart but I will follow them where ever they want to take me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

July 22, 2013 5:09 am  #45

kittykat wrote:

Just watched Martin and Benedict's video greeting, I love the explanation for how Sherlock survived!

Agree!    I loved watching this video message from Martin (in New Zealand)  and Benedict
(on holiday)-   especially enjoyed the humorous 'explanation' by Benedict of
how Sherlock survived the fall also.    No spoilers here, just joy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t0nJtwtRGw

It took me awhile to decide to go listen to the youtube audio clip of the scene
that was shown at ComicCon.   I gave in though--  since this was nothing we
didn't really already know from the canon,   and since they did decide it was a sanctioned
preview (or will be, eventually)--   It helped immensely to read along with the
transcript/description,  since the poor quality audio is often overshadowed by squealy fan-girling.

But once I got past that,   I realized I thoroughly enjoyed the familiar cadences,
the brilliant writing,  timing, and humor that came across in this short scene.
No regrets,   it made me incredibly happy.        I actually have no interest in
seing the accompanying video anytime soon -  just made me look forward to
the Series.    This may hold me  till then,  well at least for a while.

Although I totally get it that some will want to stay away completely and avoid temptation.

July 22, 2013 9:47 am  #46

I actually don't want to see the clip anymore. Not interested. Keep it, Moffat. I've been happy for the past few months without seeing it. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

July 22, 2013 1:11 pm  #47

I want to see the video clip! Where can I watch it? I love spoilers!

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

July 22, 2013 2:47 pm  #48

Nowhere... there's only an audio clip available.

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

July 22, 2013 2:53 pm  #49

I've heard it, would love to see it. Not exactly fair since not everybody can make it over there

July 22, 2013 2:56 pm  #50

kittykat wrote:

I've heard it, would love to see it. Not exactly fair since not everybody can make it over there

Look up my rant on page 2. Water under the bridge for me. I still don't approve of this method, but I'm actually over it.

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

July 22, 2013 3:07 pm  #51

Mary Me wrote:

kittykat wrote:

Look up my rant on page 2. Water under the bridge for me. I still don't approve of this method, but I'm actually over it.

If you think this is bad, you should have seen what they did to p*** off Doctor Who fans across the pond last night (showing the 50th anniversary trailer, then screwing up on communications and making everyone think that a trailer was coming out for everyone else last night...only to say that "no, no trailer- but here are some pictures of Daleks!").  Of course, now a lot of "I hate America!" rants are floating about about both Sherlock and Doctor Who...from some people who seem to have forgotten that the US has about 300 million people...and only a few hundred were there at Comic Con and saw the trailer- and it's not their fault that they were there and were able to see it.  But I think the BBC needs to come up with a game plan to react to the ridiculous amount of negativity coming out about both of these shows.

Last edited by sj4iy (July 22, 2013 3:08 pm)

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.

July 22, 2013 3:09 pm  #52

And they're both British shows!

July 22, 2013 3:14 pm  #53

kittykat wrote:

And they're both British shows!

To be fair, there are a lot of things concerning both of these shows that, as an American, I can't go to because I'm not in Britain (museums, concerts, filming, premeires, etc).  I'm fine with that.  I'm fine with people getting exclusive content because they go to Comic Con.  I wasn't fine with the bad communications on behalf of the BBC about the trailer coming out last night because I was very confused by the mixed messages.  They could have taken control of that immediately, but they didn't.

July 22, 2013 3:18 pm  #54

I do have the subliminal feeling that the BBC could have handled all of this better...

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

July 22, 2013 3:20 pm  #55

I'm British and I still can't go to any of the promo stuff or premieres or filming locations; it just isn't possible for me right now 

July 22, 2013 9:08 pm  #56

Me neither! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 23, 2013 2:13 am  #57

Me neither.   But actually,  I wouldn't want to go to ComicCon even
if I could.    I don't want to be at any filming locations either.
I really did love the messages from Martin and Benedict though.

I'm over it too,  moving on.    But so happy I watched their fun messages,
and heard  some of the the happy buzz caused by this hoopla.
Choosing to ignore the griping.       Onward!

July 23, 2013 2:22 am  #58

NoSheetSherlock wrote:

Me neither.   But actually,  I wouldn't want to go to ComicCon even
if I could.    I don't want to be at any filming locations either.
I really did love the messages from Martin and Benedict though.

I'm over it too,  moving on.    But so happy I watched their fun messages,
and heard  some of the the happy buzz caused by this hoopla.
Choosing to ignore the griping.       Onward!

I'm fine with it.  Everyone will get to see everything eventually...at no charge (other than whatever you pay for tv or internet).  So the whining about "who deserves what" really means nothing in the end.

July 23, 2013 10:34 am  #59

Anyone watched the clip where Matt Smith walks down the Comic Con floor, disguised as Bart, and nobody recognizes him?  Laughed so hard at this.

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

July 23, 2013 1:09 pm  #60

Mary Me wrote:

Anyone watched the clip where Matt Smith walks down the Comic Con floor, disguised as Bart, and nobody recognizes him?  Laughed so hard at this.

Loved it!  Especially when he affected an American accent XD  Probably smart, he does have a very recognizable voice.

Small rant again: can I just say that the whining over the Doctor Who trailer being shown at Comic Con has reached a fever pitch?  It's insane.  People (no one on this board, though) are actually complaining that the UK never gets "anything" exclusive at all.  What???  I guess it's this idea that one fanbase has more "right" to something than another that bothers me.  The UK is getting lots of Doctor Who exclusives (concerts, guest appearances, conventions, museums, stamps, etc)...and yet some people can't accept the fact that they have to "wait" to see a trailer for something everyone is going to see eventually.

Okay, rant off.

Last edited by sj4iy (July 23, 2013 1:10 pm)

Board footera