BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 11, 2013 8:47 pm  #1961

Re: Series 3 discussion SPOILER THREAD!!! WARNING!!! SPOILERS!!!

thank you! Uhm...is it January 1st yet? I feel like hibernating through December...I can't take it anymore. Why is the last month as torcherous as all of the 23 months preceeding it combined?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sherlock Holmes, "Perfectly sound analysis but I was hoping you'd go deeper."

December 15, 2013 10:18 pm  #1962

Read this in The Guardian.

"The new series features the debut of two guest stars close to Cumberbatch's heart (their identity must remain secret) "

Do you think it's possible that his parents have a guest spot?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 15, 2013 10:22 pm  #1963

tonnaree wrote:

"The new series features the debut of two guest stars close to Cumberbatch's heart (their identity must remain secret) "

That sounds good ^^

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

December 15, 2013 10:53 pm  #1964

kittykat wrote:

tonnaree wrote:

That sounds good ^^

Oh that would be neat!  Especially if they played Sherlock's mother and father....

-------------------------------------------------------

December 15, 2013 11:05 pm  #1965

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

kittykat wrote:

tonnaree wrote:

That sounds good ^^

Oh that would be neat!  Especially if they played Sherlock's mother and father....

That would be lovely, even if I have alway dreamed of Alan Rickman playing Sherlock's father.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 15, 2013 11:07 pm  #1966

tonnaree wrote:

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

kittykat wrote:

That sounds good ^^

That would be lovely, even if I have alway dreamed of Alan Rickman playing Sherlock's father.  

Haha, that would be awesome! 

December 16, 2013 3:55 am  #1967

^ yes on the mom at least...I read somewhere (can't remember which article) that she was in series 3 somewhere. I DO NOT know if that role is as Sherlock's mother...but I can hope!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sherlock Holmes, "Perfectly sound analysis but I was hoping you'd go deeper."

December 16, 2013 6:12 am  #1968

tonnaree wrote:

Yes, I do. I've written about it before somewhere in this thread; it leaked that they were only in studio shoots, which is why nobody saw them.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

December 16, 2013 6:54 am  #1969

Of course I never thought of postig it here, yes, that's what I'd seen in The Guradin and got me very excited!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 16, 2013 8:22 am  #1970

guys, you are talking about Ben's parents, but what's about this quote from the guardian review:

"They were kind of acknowledging a lot of the real world fan reaction, not just what happened and how it was going to be resolved, but also the sexual tension between Watson and Holmes."

My heart almost stopped when I read this!!!! :D

Last edited by Marva (December 16, 2013 8:23 am)

The Game is On!

December 16, 2013 11:24 am  #1971

Benedict's parents as Sherlock's and Mycroft's parents would be absolutely amazing and great fun! It would be perfectly in line with Gatiss and Moffat saying that they've been quite cheeky this time around.
I mean bringing in the Holmes parents has never been done before as far as I know.

I'm also interested in how they are going to deal with the John/Sherlock sexual tension thingy with Mary being around. I imagine quite a few fabulous puns and a slightly desperate John Watson.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

December 16, 2013 11:44 am  #1972

tonnaree wrote:

I'm quite sure of that, would be lovely

besleybean wrote:

Of course I never thought of postig it here, yes, that's what I'd seen in The Guradin and got me very excited!

Me, too.
The article is not really spoilerish, so it's safe to read

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

December 16, 2013 4:38 pm  #1973

Marva wrote:

guys, you are talking about Ben's parents, but what's about this quote from the guardian review:

"They were kind of acknowledging a lot of the real world fan reaction, not just what happened and how it was going to be resolved, but also the sexual tension between Watson and Holmes."

Roll on January! XD

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

December 16, 2013 4:54 pm  #1974

kittykat wrote:

Marva wrote:

Roll on January! XD

Sexual tension? Interesting...I am both skeptical and eagerly intrigued! 

December 16, 2013 4:58 pm  #1975

Yes calm down everybody.
It'll just be the usual playing with the idea.
Before you all get too excited, watch the video from yesterday again(on The Empty Hearse topic), to hear Benedict slagging the idea of slash in BBC Sherlock.
And Mark referring to ' keeping it in your head'.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 16, 2013 5:02 pm  #1976

I think nobody is actually expecting anything sexual going on between the two of them. But the public acknowledgment of the guardian's film critic, who we surely can not believe to be a Johnlocker himself, that there is a sexual tension going on (Mofftis can deny as often as they want) still makes me freak out. A little :D. (Understatement of the day)

The Game is On!

December 16, 2013 5:06 pm  #1977

They know there is a perceived tension and will play to that audience.

December 16, 2013 5:10 pm  #1978

besleybean wrote:

They know there is a perceived tension and will play to that audience.

Of course, I honestly don't see them doing anything more than that. That doesn't mean it won't be fun and interesting to see though 

December 16, 2013 5:11 pm  #1979

yep, but perception doesn't come out of nowhere.

I'll stop nitpicking now. Everybody interprets what he or she wants. As always.

The Game is On!

December 16, 2013 5:27 pm  #1980

Nit pick away, honey! 

Board footera