BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 22, 2013 6:40 am  #1841

Re: Series 3 discussion SPOILER THREAD!!! WARNING!!! SPOILERS!!!

the_dancing_woman wrote:

I like that Gatiss and Moffat wrote the part specifically with her in mind.

Yes, I was really happy to read this. The whole Sherlock bunch seems to be like a big family    .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

October 22, 2013 11:10 am  #1842

besleybean wrote:

And presumably Martin and her!

Yes, even better!

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

October 22, 2013 1:18 pm  #1843

They've got to have at least one really romantic scene in there for Martin and Amanda to play.  They've got to show us what an amazing woman Mary is to have delt with John and his grief for Sherlock.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 22, 2013 1:23 pm  #1844

Looking forward to the wedding!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

October 22, 2013 4:01 pm  #1845

Some absolutely lovely pictures from Bonfire Night! (credit: Kerkerian)

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

October 22, 2013 4:07 pm  #1846

Fabulous.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 22, 2013 4:15 pm  #1847

Swanpride wrote:

Can someone explain the thing with the figure on the fire to me? I am not really familiar with this particular holliday.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_Fawkes_Night

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.

October 22, 2013 4:16 pm  #1848

besleybean wrote:

Fabulous.

Indeed! Those are great pictures!  Damn I'm so excited!!!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

October 22, 2013 4:33 pm  #1849

Swanpride wrote:

Yes, I know the Wikipedia article, but it is a little bit convulted and says little to nothing about the way the actual celebration is done. So a few specifics would be nice.

They make a big bonfire and burn an effigy on top.  There's usually fireworks, too.

Last edited by sj4iy (October 22, 2013 4:33 pm)

October 22, 2013 4:34 pm  #1850

Bonfire night?
Big bonfire with a guy on, a made up figure and fire works...
To commemioate the foiled attempt by Guy Fawkes to blow up the Houses of Parliament:
Remember, remember the 5th of November,.
Gun powder, treason and plot.

Last edited by besleybean (October 22, 2013 4:35 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 22, 2013 4:50 pm  #1851

The bonfire makes me nervous...poor John 

But yeah, everybody above described what goes on. We tend to have a funfair here as well on the field 

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

October 22, 2013 7:57 pm  #1852

The bonfire pics are great, thanks for sharing! I'm really excited for that scene.

The pics below were supposedly leaked on a Chinese website, so it's not confirmed yet if they're legitimate... but still:

Not very spoilery I know, but I thought I'd post them in here to be safe.
I hope the first one is when John + Sherlock break into Magnussen's house or something and in the second one, I think it's interesting that Sherlock is in the background this time... not much else I can gather from that, though. Maybe someone else can

Last edited by SherlockianDE (October 22, 2013 7:58 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I asked you for one more miracle. I asked you to stop being dead." 

"I heard you."

(The Empty Hearse)

October 22, 2013 8:36 pm  #1853

The first one...I don't remember John ever wearing a shirt like that...so maybe...

October 22, 2013 11:30 pm  #1854

Swanpride wrote:

And the guy on the top is supposed to be Guy Fawkes?

And that's all? Just a bonfire and some fireworks?

(I admit, the historical significance goes way over my head...that is certainly not the only time someone tried to blow something up or to kill the king...why is this one so important?)

I wouldn't say that's all. It used to be that we would make the Guy a few days before then find somewhere to sit and say 'Penny for the Guy' to passers by and they would give you some money. I did it every year and it was the most fun imaginable along with Trick or Treating and going Christmas carolling.

I rarely see it now because not that many are made anymore since private bonfires were banned. You have to go to organised bonfires now.

With hindsight, the whole Guy Fawkes thing is pretty horrific. We basically build a replica of a real person and burn him. I guess the significance of that was lost on me as a child.

He does love to be dramatic.
Well, thank god you're above all that!

October 22, 2013 11:38 pm  #1855

I want to seriously hurt the guy who drugs and kidnaps John 

But Sherlock will probably get to him first 

October 22, 2013 11:42 pm  #1856

I'm already getting feels....

The episode will kill me!

He does love to be dramatic.
Well, thank god you're above all that!

October 22, 2013 11:53 pm  #1857

kittykat wrote:

I want to seriously hurt the guy who drugs and kidnaps John 

But Sherlock will probably get to him first 

Oh yes! 

October 22, 2013 11:54 pm  #1858

nicbooful wrote:

I'm already getting feels....

The episode will kill me!

Same here...

October 23, 2013 12:01 am  #1859

SherlockianDE wrote:

The bonfire pics are great, thanks for sharing! I'm really excited for that scene.

The pics below were supposedly leaked on a Chinese website, so it's not confirmed yet if they're legitimate... but still:

I hope the first one is when John + Sherlock break into Magnussen's house or something and in the second one, I think it's interesting that Sherlock is in the background this time... not much else I can gather from that, though. Maybe someone else can

Oh, I hope these are legit! I like John's scarf in #2 (unconscious reminder of Sherlock worn around his neck perhaps?  ) and I really like the matching blue of John's shirt and Sherlock's scarf in #1.  (Hee, hee, sometimes my husband and I put on matching colors without knowing we've done that). I, too, like the way John's is front and center in #2 with Sherlock a little more mysteriously in the background.  John looks quite BAMF. Perhaps in Series 3 he won't be mistaken as a "sidekick" anymore.

I'm picturing those flashlights down in a tube tunnel somewhere.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

October 23, 2013 7:15 am  #1860

SherlockianDE wrote:

Oh my fucking god, I would love for these photos to be letigimate. They really could be though. I'm  pretty sure I haven't seen John wearing that multi coloured checkered shirt before and his scarf also seems to be a series 3 item if I remember his outfits from the spoiler pictures I have seen correctly. (and I hardly ever forget anything Martin wears )

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

Board footera