BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 23, 2013 7:17 pm  #1761

Re: Series 3 discussion SPOILER THREAD!!! WARNING!!! SPOILERS!!!

Poor John 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

September 23, 2013 7:18 pm  #1762

sj4iy wrote:

I don't think they meet at the Daffodil, myself.  I think something else happens there, John gets kicked out and Sherlock doesn't reveal himself until the kebab shop.  I don't think John will be fully conscious in the bonfire because he was drugged up, but maybe he's moaning or something and it gets the girl's attention.  He's actually UNDERNEATH the wood, because Sherlock has to dig him out of the fire.  Plus people would probably notice a real man burning to death on top of a bonfire ;)

Stuff like this makes me wanna cry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

September 23, 2013 7:24 pm  #1763

kittykat wrote:

sj4iy wrote:

I don't think they meet at the Daffodil, myself.  I think something else happens there, John gets kicked out and Sherlock doesn't reveal himself until the kebab shop.  I don't think John will be fully conscious in the bonfire because he was drugged up, but maybe he's moaning or something and it gets the girl's attention.  He's actually UNDERNEATH the wood, because Sherlock has to dig him out of the fire.  Plus people would probably notice a real man burning to death on top of a bonfire ;)

Same here , I can just see myself when I watch this for the first time...*sitting on the edge of my seat, clinging to a pillow, lip trembling, tears threatening to overflow, and much squeaking* ...Damn I wish time machines existed! *pouts*

Last edited by SilverMoonDragonB (September 23, 2013 7:25 pm)

-------------------------------------------------------

September 23, 2013 7:30 pm  #1764

sj4iy wrote:

the_dancing_woman wrote:

sj4iy wrote:

Well, no they won't come face to face at the Daffodil, I know. If John intends to propose to Mary, I don't think he will get this far in the restaurant, as they get kicked out there before they even eat. So maybe at the Kebab shop, we will see

As for the bonfire, there is a casting description out there on the internet where they were looking for a father (age 35 to 50), who isn't very patient with his daughter when she tries to tell him, that the effigy on the bonfire is alive and telling her that he wants to get off the fire and asks her to help him, and let's face it, this would be quite a perfectly dramatic moment. So, this sounds to me very much like he maybe is conscious (albeit still under the influence of the drugs he had been given when he was abducted) for a short while before the fire is actually lit. It also corresponds with the shocked and screaming girl we got to see in the last trailer the BBC released.

I've read the casting description, but the description from the people who were there at the bonfire (as well as pictures and video) clearly show Sherlock digging someout from underneath the fire, not on top.  People would have been able to tell the difference between an effigy and an unconscious man on top of the fire before they lit it- but if you bury him under the fire, no one knows.  The little probably tells her dad that she sees a man in the fire, but he makes the mistake of thinking she's talking about the effigy instead of John.  That's my guess as to the situation.

Yes, you are right they are digging him out from under the fire. If he had been supposed to remain unconscious it would have been easy to dress him up  and mask him as the effigy I think, but as he is aware of his situation and talking, he can't be out for display that's true. So, he is under the fire and maybe the girl is standing close enough to hear him and thinks it is the effigy that's talking to her, when it really is the man "burried" in the fire. That would bring the two together and solve the mystery.

I am quite positive there will be several more trailers and teasers as we get closer to series 3.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

September 23, 2013 7:32 pm  #1765

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

kittykat wrote:

sj4iy wrote:

Same here , I can just see myself when I watch this for the first time...*sitting on the edge of my seat, clinging to a pillow, lip trembling, tears threatening to overflow, and much squeaking* ...Damn I wish time machines existed! *pouts*

I am so with you on this! I don't think I will be crying though, most likely just yelling at the telly in a slightly mad fashion

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

September 23, 2013 7:37 pm  #1766

the_dancing_woman wrote:

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

kittykat wrote:

I am so with you on this! I don't think I will be crying though, most likely just yelling at the telly in a slightly mad fashion

I'll probably fit in some mad-woman yelling at the TV too! Maybe a bit of headbanging as well , what can I say? I'm very expressive! 

Last edited by SilverMoonDragonB (September 23, 2013 7:37 pm)

September 23, 2013 7:39 pm  #1767

I'll be too happy to cry

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

September 23, 2013 8:37 pm  #1768

SusiGo wrote:

I found this here on YT but I have no idea when they were broadcast. Nice idea about the anagrams. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOkLuk3Nx4Q

Oh, those are great! The music is quite hypnotizing and wow... really mean teaser trailers, don't you think? Of course we know now where all of that footage comes from and what it all means, but at the time it was broadcast... Can't wait to see if the next trailer for S3 will be as mean and inscrutable (well, probably... ).

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

September 23, 2013 8:44 pm  #1769

This one for TRF wasn't bad, either, although they included footage from other episodes: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKRCt3yCXEA

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

September 23, 2013 8:46 pm  #1770

Heck I'd forgotten that trailer, yes, it was good.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 23, 2013 8:48 pm  #1771

sj4iy wrote:

I'll be too happy to cry

It'll certainly be a happy day when it airs!  I'll be bursting with anticipation and excitement when I'm finally able to watch series 3! (won't be until it comes out on DVD probably, hrmph) Most likely I'll start running around the house screaming and hugging anyone who will let me! Hehe 

September 23, 2013 8:51 pm  #1772

SolarSystem wrote:

This one for TRF wasn't bad, either, although they included footage from other episodes: 

That is a good one! So are the others, very clever with the anagrams. 

September 23, 2013 8:55 pm  #1773

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

That is a good one! So are the others, very clever with the anagrams. 

Yes, and since they did several for S2, we certainly can expect some more for S3. Uuuhh, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait...!!

October 5, 2013 3:32 am  #1774

So, has anyone else seen these pictures?  I don't know where they come from, so I'm being on the safe side and putting them here for now.  In any case, they are pretty awesome pics:

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.

October 5, 2013 7:27 am  #1775

Your definitely safe with Benedict's one as it was a S2 promo shot.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 5, 2013 9:57 am  #1776

The one with Martin could be from S1. I think neither of those pictures is from S3, but lovely shots they are indeed!

October 5, 2013 1:53 pm  #1777

the_dancing_woman wrote:

The one with Martin could be from S1. I think neither of those pictures is from S3, but lovely shots they are indeed!

I'd agree with that. There definitely not from S3 because John and Sherlock look a bit different though... I'm just confused that I haven't seen these shots before.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

October 5, 2013 2:15 pm  #1778

I think the Benedict one is elsewhere on the forum!

October 5, 2013 2:59 pm  #1779

I didn't think they were from series 3, but I don't like posting pictures in non-spoiler threads without knowing exactly where they were from.

October 5, 2013 7:05 pm  #1780

I'm glad you posted them.  I've never seen them and they are beautiful x

He does love to be dramatic.
Well, thank god you're above all that!

Board footera